You guys need help

GreenXArrow01

On 3/4/2020 at 11:08 AM, GP said:

Genesis is a prime example that some people can't accept change. It's also called taking for granted.

Getting a DLC with another open world map, new dinos, blah blah blah, people will tame the new dinos and bugger off back to their favourite maps. Genesis brings new stuff to the fold. Very different from the previous 3 DLCs.

A change was needed most certainly. But changes will please some and not others. But, if you wanted a DLC that is the same as all the others, then you've still got all the others. Those that wanted a big change from the same old DLCs now get something new.

This whole "I want flyers wah wah" gets boring fast. It got boring fast with Aberration and now it's here again. If you can't survive without flyers then you are not a true survivor. ?

My only disappointment is how small the zones were, while flyers would be nice in some of them (like the ocean, or lava area) the area's are just too small to truly enjoy flying around in them, perhaps if the zones were the full size of the map then flyers I can see as being useful in all the zones but how its sits, not really. 

The blocked zone areas for some mission spots I can understand why, I mean who would want to be doing a race and run smack dab into a impassable wall someone decided to build in the middle of the raceway, but some of the other mission zoning, they just seem extremely large for the small area the mission covers, and cuts back on playable space for the players.

Genesis is a nice place to visit, but because of how it works, I doubt you'd want to have it as a place you call 'home'.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't even continue to read lol, that response to me made my eyes do cartwheels. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't want to buy the same game over and over again and don't come at me with that typecast bs again. Why do you want to buy the same game with a different skin over and over again?

Pokemon Sword and Shield are some of the most controversial entries in the series but still are the most profitable entries in the series despite it. They introduced a huge shake up of the main game with dynamax. While you may think that's awful or great, the money it made speaks far louder than the forum cryers.

Change isn't a bad thing, my dude. Even if CoD made some disastrous change that killed their game, someone else would be happy to make a clone to take its place. It's not like there will never be something to fill that niche again if changes do have a bad effect. Being too afraid to experiment is how you get stagnation. 

Also, how tf would enabling fliers fix the "it's top easy" problem lmao. 

12 minutes ago, Slvr said:

I can't even continue to read lol, that response to me made my eyes do cartwheels. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't want to buy the same game over and over again and don't come at me with that typecast bs again. Why do you want to buy the same game with a different skin over and over again?

Pokemon Sword and Shield are some of the most controversial entries in the series but still are the most profitable entries in the series despite it. They introduced a huge shake up of the main game with dynamax. While you may think that's awful or great, the money it made speaks far louder than the forum cryers.

Change isn't a bad thing, my dude. Even if CoD made some disastrous change that killed their game, someone else would be happy to make a clone to take its place. It's not like there will never be something to fill that niche again if changes do have a bad effect. Being too afraid to experiment is how you get stagnation. 

Also, how tf would enabling fliers fix the "it's top easy" problem lmao. 

I just wanted to make sure you knew what I was talking about, you seem to have problems following along, in fact I see you are still having problems with the basic concept here but whatever, eventually you might figure it out.    I have no idea what you are talking about with pokemon, never touched it so I have no idea what they did or didn't do and by your posts I can see you don't know the difference between core mechanics and additions/tweaks, so who knows if your point has any validity or not.

when did I ever say to add fliers?  I have been saying just the opposite.  I rather not have them at all.  So next time before you lmao, make sure you know what you are lmaoing about.

14 hours ago, SLlCK said:

and with all of those changes the core mechanics stayed unchanged.  adding teleporting, a store, and map sections changes the game at the core.   Trust me, I have seen what happens when devs change games at the core.  it aint good and it just leads them to the unemployment line.   Just go look at the most popular games, see what they don't change from game to game, that's why they are the most popular games still.  They know what their fans want and they just keep producing that exact same formula over and over.  why do you think cod is still one of the top sellers yet every year they release a reskinned version of the same game with minor tweaks?  because that's what their fans are used to, like, and expect to see.  If their fans wanted something else, they would buy a different game.

I really think you are overrating the effect of teleporting and the store. For map sections, it is normal, it is part of the storyline. If biome were open to each others, it would be senseless like other maps. For teleportation, you need it with map sections. You can't put one only spawn, as ppl will abuse it (for PvP or PvE). Maybe just nerfing it (the tp cast will stop if you attack, it should be cancelled when you are being attack as well, and not allow in caves) would be enough. Except this small aspect, the teleportation ain't changing the core mechanic. For the store, common, the impact is SO limited. it is helping at the beginning, but it is expensive af, it is way easier to farm resources by yourself.

Furthermore, you think teleportation is making it easy? Tek suit is mostly disabled, so we lost a huge ability in this game already. Missions is a new core mechanic feature, it is adding Something new and fresh. For the final boss, it ain't just tamed, breed OP dinos and just walk over boss. Before, you have those missions to clean x). The core mechanic is still surviving, farming resources, taming dinos, breeding them, getting Arked.

And it was said before, it is just a DLC, for sure you can say you don't like it and you have to, but you can't say this will make Ark die (other stuffs may btw). What ppl have done when they didn't like a DLC before? They stayed on other maps (p***** xD). What they'll do? Wait for ppl to clean the way, secure the access to final boss, wait for transferring dinos to crush the final boss, and going back to their fairy map. In another word, being carry hard.

1 minute ago, Darkholis said:

I'd make two changes to the current teleport system.

1) 10-15 seconds of reaction/immunity time after the teleport.

2) Add more "spawn" locations for each teleportation spot in a similar fashion to player spawns. As an example, the island, has well over 200+ spawn points!

I understand the immunity for consoles players, as they have huge lags, but i Don't on computer. It would be so easy. And ppl in PvE could work together to make spawn safe (putting turrets for example).

For the second point, i'm not sure. In PvP yes, it would make hard to trap ppl after teleporting but in PvE, Don't see the point. In PvE, i can say one point is good, as you know exactly where you'll spawn and it is a huge advantage. Making multiples spawn places would make it just a bit harder (i'm still okey with it)

9 hours ago, Alocoste said:

I really think you are overrating the effect of teleporting and the store. For map sections, it is normal, it is part of the storyline. If biome were open to each others, it would be senseless like other maps. For teleportation, you need it with map sections. You can't put one only spawn, as ppl will abuse it (for PvP or PvE). Maybe just nerfing it (the tp cast will stop if you attack, it should be cancelled when you are being attack as well, and not allow in caves) would be enough. Except this small aspect, the teleportation ain't changing the core mechanic. For the store, common, the impact is SO limited. it is helping at the beginning, but it is expensive af, it is way easier to farm resources by yourself.

Furthermore, you think teleportation is making it easy? Tek suit is mostly disabled, so we lost a huge ability in this game already. Missions is a new core mechanic feature, it is adding Something new and fresh. For the final boss, it ain't just tamed, breed OP dinos and just walk over boss. Before, you have those missions to clean x). The core mechanic is still surviving, farming resources, taming dinos, breeding them, getting Arked.

And it was said before, it is just a DLC, for sure you can say you don't like it and you have to, but you can't say this will make Ark die (other stuffs may btw). What ppl have done when they didn't like a DLC before? They stayed on other maps (p***** xD). What they'll do? Wait for ppl to clean the way, secure the access to final boss, wait for transferring dinos to crush the final boss, and going back to their fairy map. In another word, being carry hard.

teleporting makes major changes to the game

1. It greatly reduces the need for a bed.  I played for 2-3 days before I ever thought about building a bed. Being able to teleport pretty much anywhere on the map greatly reduces the need for a bed/spawn point.

2. It removes almost all of the risk of exploring.  There is now zero chance of getting lost and having to find your way back to safety. Before when starting on a new map, on foot, you had to remember where you were, you had to keep track of your food and supplies, you had to know how to get back to your base without losing your stuff.  Now you just pick a direction and run, then simply teleport back.

3. It takes the challenge out of gathering resources. before if you wanted to go on a metal run you had to prepare, you had to get a bunch of animals that could carry weight and you had to get them to where the metal was safely.  Then you had to load them up evenly making sure each one could still walk and keep up with the pace for the trip home. Plus you had to worry about being attacked on that trip home. Now you simply get pretty much any animal, fast travel within 100 feet of the metal nodes,load them up until they can't walk and fast travel back.

4. It removes a lot of the risk from being attacked. Like I said earlier, we got attacked by a high level argie the other day, there was no way we would have been able to beat it with just an anky and a monkey.  So I teleported us back to the base.  I hit the easy button and saved both the tames and 3 people.  This shouldn't be an option.

The store also has a pretty big impact on the game.

Before if you wanted to build something you had to work at it.  Just to build the fabricator you had to go on several resource gathering missions to put it together, pearls, obsidian, chitin, metal, oil, and whatever else it needs.  Now you can gather a few of those and buy the rest.  They just removed half the work, that's taking half the time out of it.  Need to make some narcotics? gotta go kill some stuff and get some meat, or....buy a bunch real quick, it's cheap enough!  Oh you spent all your money on the fabricator?  simply wait a few minutes, say hi and boom!  Free money for standing around!

The missions I will agree could be a nice addition.  So far (and I have only done 2) the missions seem pretty dumb,  it's like they are ripped right from a fisher price game, Why not make missions group oriented? (again, only played 2 so far so I don't know a whole lot about them)  But maybe make them more like the cave expeditions, having to travel though groups of enemies gathering certain resources or something of that nature.

This dlc will not kill ark, I am not saying that, I am saying if they make changes like they have, keep them for future dlc, and build from there?  Yeah, it's going to be a short trip to the unemployment line.  People don't buy their favorite games for a whole new experience, they buy them because they enjoyed the experience that particular game gave them.

As usual some like some doesnt. Fine by me. IMHO this is the worst piece of crap I've ever played. And that means both intended gameplay and the amount of bugs. Especially the bugs, WC has sure done an all time high on those. My mum would make a better job actually, bless her soul. In fact anyone would. WC has no pride whatsoever in what they do, they just want our $$$. This abomination should not have been released in this state, It's not even worthy of a first stage Early Access... It's just a huge stinking pile of crap.

The good thing is that I can now finally put this behind me forever and let WC chase their paycheck from someone else.

On 3/4/2020 at 8:38 AM, Qwertymine said:

Genesis has a good reason too. Unless you get a Bloodstalker or Ferox(Two new tames) you're going to have difficulty collecting ALL of the glitches quickly. It's much better design than just letting someone get a Ptera and collect everything that isn't underwater. There's also the Magmasaur den. Both Drakes and Magmasaurs can't fly, and so being able to bring flyers into their dens would almost entirely eradicate the challenge. With the absence of Quetzals, the Astrocetus also basically requires the Tek Skiff for taming, cementing it as the "endgame" tame. This DLC did a good job in incorporating most of its additions into its game play and making them useful. 

You mean mean artificially limiting everything else so that you are forced, whether you want to or not, to use the Dino's the way they want, rather than being open ended and letting the player make up their own minds. Genesis has no good reason for limiting flying, unless maayybbeee you take into account the ending, which is basically just an extinction drop pod fight btw. Aberration did it better. I didn't buy this DLC, and I'm not going to buy it. I'm complaining because I see ark on the edge of losing what makes it a great game, so I'm not only voting with my wallet, I'm giving my feedback as well. 

On 3/4/2020 at 2:24 PM, Aylana314159 said:

I guess you missed both Aberration (no flyers) and Extinction (no build areas).

And some of you yaysayers are missing the point of the criticism when responding with stuff like this.

Aberration was physically and literally a cave with no fliers in it, and Extinctions no build areas were "organically unusable". It's a wasteland, corrupt dinos do increased damage, and there are meteor showers. Story wise, the reason for no fliers/no building makes sense, and the way it's implemented feels intuitive and logical.

On genesis, there are fliers, and nothing about the story suggests that nothing can fly there, or that fliers don't exist there. And if the story is "the simulation doesn't allow it because it's too easy and it's supposed to harden you as a survivor" then that's a poopty plot device for a multitude of reasons. Here's one: game mechanically speaking, fliers make the game easier, but when relating the story of the game to the real world we live in, taming a giant eagle and riding it is no larger or smaller feat than taming a T-Rex. Both are impossible; both are equally difficult and would definitely be a testament to your ascension as a real-world survivor. But you wouldn't find a giant eagle deep down in a cavern.

And the no build zones in Genesis aren't making sense from a story perspective. There is no explanation, it doesn't make sense intuitively. No meteor showers fall in the mission zones. Again, if the explanation is "the simulation doesn't allow it, in order to make things harder for the survivors, so they will become even stronger" then that's just another lazy plot device. The places you can't build are exactly the same as the places you can't build, only there is an invisible wall between them. If you build inside the volcano or out in the open on the lunar biome, that's akin to the Extinction wasteland in that it's not the invisible wall stopping you, it's the conditions of the environment. "Organic". Invisible walls are immersion breaking.

Regardless of whether I am a fan of restrictions like these or not, there is something to be said about how restrictions are implemented. The "Genesis way" is the easiest, pooptiest, most immersion-breaking and annoying way to implement restrictions. Enjoying the expac thoroughly nonetheless! 

2 hours ago, Fresiki said:

And some of you yaysayers are missing the point of the criticism when responding with stuff like this.

Aberration was physically and literally a cave with no fliers in it, and Extinctions no build areas were "organically unusable". It's a wasteland, corrupt dinos do increased damage, and there are meteor showers. Story wise, the reason for no fliers/no building makes sense, and the way it's implemented feels intuitive and logical.

On genesis, there are fliers, and nothing about the story suggests that nothing can fly there, or that fliers don't exist there. And if the story is "the simulation doesn't allow it because it's too easy and it's supposed to harden you as a survivor" then that's a poopty plot device for a multitude of reasons. Here's one: game mechanically speaking, fliers make the game easier, but when relating the story of the game to the real world we live in, taming a giant eagle and riding it is no larger or smaller feat than taming a T-Rex. Both are impossible; both are equally difficult and would definitely be a testament to your ascension as a real-world survivor. But you wouldn't find a giant eagle deep down in a cavern.

And the no build zones in Genesis aren't making sense from a story perspective. There is no explanation, it doesn't make sense intuitively. No meteor showers fall in the mission zones. Again, if the explanation is "the simulation doesn't allow it, in order to make things harder for the survivors, so they will become even stronger" then that's just another lazy plot device. The places you can't build are exactly the same as the places you can't build, only there is an invisible wall between them. If you build inside the volcano or out in the open on the lunar biome, that's akin to the Extinction wasteland in that it's not the invisible wall stopping you, it's the conditions of the environment. "Organic". Invisible walls are immersion breaking.

Regardless of whether I am a fan of restrictions like these or not, there is something to be said about how restrictions are implemented. The "Genesis way" is the easiest, pooptiest, most immersion-breaking and annoying way to implement restrictions. Enjoying the expac thoroughly nonetheless! 

I doubt you already know the full storyline of Genesis. Especially since part 2 is still to come.

Its funny you keep saying lazy storylines. At least the devs are trying new and different things. In the lead up to Genesis we were told there would be missions. How exactly would mission remain accessible without designated no build areas.

As for flyers is a great choice. Perhaps they should have removed wild flyers from spawning at all.

Adapt and overcome.

Or play a custom server, that can be your way.

8 hours ago, Arumat22 said:

You mean mean artificially limiting everything else so that you are forced, whether you want to or not, to use the Dino's the way they want, rather than being open ended and letting the player make up their own minds.

No? You could collect the glitches or magmasaur eggs basically any way you want. You can also tame an Astocetus without a Tek Skiff(With some difficulty though)

It's easiest if you use the new content, but in no way are you entirely limited to that content. I stole my first Magma egg with a Rex, and tamed my first Astrocetus with the old Paracer platform. 

On 3/6/2020 at 7:52 PM, SLlCK said:

The missions I will agree could be a nice addition.  So far (and I have only done 2) the missions seem pretty dumb,  it's like they are ripped right from a fisher price game, Why not make missions group oriented? (again, only played 2 so far so I don't know a whole lot about them)  But maybe make them more like the cave expeditions, having to travel though groups of enemies gathering certain resources or something of that nature.

This dlc will not kill ark, I am not saying that, I am saying if they make changes like they have, keep them for future dlc, and build from there?  Yeah, it's going to be a short trip to the unemployment line.  People don't buy their favorite games for a whole new experience, they buy them because they enjoyed the experience that particular game gave them.

Bruh, how can you critize missions after doing only 2 of them? Seriously, to make a statement, you need samples. How the heck you can say missions "seem pretty dumb". Some need coordinations and ppl together to make it, please come back with an opinion when you'ld have made much more, and in Alpha difficulties. Try the mission where you need to escort the frog and protect her in Alpha, and let me know. I've done 30 missions so far, but mostly in Gamma. Going in Beta or Alpha, it ain't the same poop, not at all x)

About the store, its impact is very limited tho, resources are way too expensives in the store, i'm rather farming then using it. When i'm using it, it is in "emergency", like i dont have a choice (Under attack, critical situation, etc). You can't play Genesis only by relying on shop, impossible and wayyy longer than farming by yourself. I've 140k hexagones because i'm saving them, but so far, it would be spent in 2sec for little a small amount of resources.

To finish, YOU Don't like to play your favorite game for a whole new experience, it is YOUR opinion on this one, some ppl does like

2 hours ago, Alocoste said:

Bruh, how can you critize missions after doing only 2 of them? Seriously, to make a statement, you need samples. How the heck you can say missions "seem pretty dumb". Some need coordinations and ppl together to make it, please come back with an opinion when you'ld have made much more, and in Alpha difficulties. Try the mission where you need to escort the frog and protect her in Alpha, and let me know. I've done 30 missions so far, but mostly in Gamma. Going in Beta or Alpha, it ain't the same poop, not at all x)

About the store, its impact is very limited tho, resources are way too expensives in the store, i'm rather farming then using it. When i'm using it, it is in "emergency", like i dont have a choice (Under attack, critical situation, etc). You can't play Genesis only by relying on shop, impossible and wayyy longer than farming by yourself. I've 140k hexagones because i'm saving them, but so far, it would be spent in 2sec for little a small amount of resources.

To finish, YOU Don't like to play your favorite game for a whole new experience, it is YOUR opinion on this one, some ppl does like

Dodo basketball? manta racing?  Tell me those are not dumb.  Those are smart phone mini games they crammed into this game.   Like I said, give us some real missions, how about making us travel to the top of the volcano to pick up a certain part to build a replicator?   Or maybe make us build some sort of building so we can make it up the side of a mountain to access a special fuel for something?  Or construct a submarine to safely take us down into a deep cavern to unlock a certain talent or something?  How about real missions instead of the "for ages 4 and up" crap they tossed together?  

And you are correct, I think this map is crap, it was rushed, thrown together, and they didn't give it any thought whatsoever, now look around, seems like more people agree with me than you.  And what happens when the majority agree on things? Those things go away, so keep on fighting for the demise of this studio.  Like I said, this is not the first time I have seen this scenario play out, it's like rewatching a movie, I know how it goes and how it ends.

5 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I doubt you already know the full storyline of Genesis. Especially since part 2 is still to come.

Its funny you keep saying lazy storylines. At least the devs are trying new and different things. In the lead up to Genesis we were told there would be missions. How exactly would mission remain accessible without designated no build areas.

Wildcard doesn't know the storyline yet, they have no idea what part 2 is even going to be yet.  if they did they wouldn't be publicly asking for ideas.

And how did they do missions before?  The boss fights were missions, you had to gather up the resources, gather at the terminal, and start the mission, where were those fought? where were these massive no build areas then?  How did they do it before?

Just now, SLlCK said:

Wildcard doesn't know the storyline yet, they have no idea what part 2 is even going to be yet.  if they did they wouldn't be publicly asking for ideas.

And how did they do missions before?  The boss fights were missions, you had to gather up the resources, gather at the terminal, and start the mission, where were those fought? where were these massive no build areas then?  How did they do it before?

If you consider boss fights from previous maps missions, then boss arenas are no build zones. Or, zones that reset every 20-40 mins. Also, those are more like instances that reset.

Extinction has a massive building not advised area cause of meteor attacks and corrupted creatures.

6 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

If you consider boss fights from previous maps missions, then boss arenas are no build zones. Or, zones that reset every 20-40 mins. Also, those are more like instances that reset.

Extinction has a massive building not advised area cause of meteor attacks and corrupted creatures.

Where were these boss arenas? You couldn't see them until you entered the fight, so you can't say they were no build areas since they weren't even areas until you entered the fight. So why not set this map up the same way? And boss fights were way more of a mission than dodo basketball...

6 hours ago, SLlCK said:

Where were these boss arenas? You couldn't see them until you entered the fight, so you can't say they were no build areas since they weren't even areas until you entered the fight. So why not set this map up the same way? And boss fights were way more of a mission than dodo basketball...

Cause the devs are trying new things. Either play official servers with Ark as designed by WC. Or unofficial with custom settings also provided by WC.

14 hours ago, SLlCK said:

Dodo basketball? manta racing?  Tell me those are not dumb.  Those are smart phone mini games they crammed into this game.   Like I said, give us some real missions, how about making us travel to the top of the volcano to pick up a certain part to build a replicator?   Or maybe make us build some sort of building so we can make it up the side of a mountain to access a special fuel for something?  Or construct a submarine to safely take us down into a deep cavern to unlock a certain talent or something?  How about real missions instead of the "for ages 4 and up" crap they tossed together?  

Again, you are talking about the two only missions you have made in this DLC, come back when you'ld try alpha of escort or hunt missions. For now, you tested the most dumb missions (easy on gamma, impossible in Alpha, really hard in beta to finish manta race btw). You can't say the whole missions are dumb af when you only did 2 of them, that's completely an opinion made on nothing

You can't say there are more ppl disliking this DLC than ppl liking it. Because you can see both opinions here, and most ppl happy on the map won't come here to say they like it. Ppl are more tending to complain than hyping. Give me official datas.

On 3/6/2020 at 10:52 AM, SLlCK said:

teleporting makes major changes to the game

2. It removes almost all of the risk of exploring.  There is now zero chance of getting lost and having to find your way back to safety. Before when starting on a new map, on foot, you had to remember where you were, you had to keep track of your food and supplies, you had to know how to get back to your base without losing your stuff.  Now you just pick a direction and run, then simply teleport back.

4. It removes a lot of the risk from being attacked. Like I said earlier, we got attacked by a high level argie the other day, there was no way we would have been able to beat it with just an anky and a monkey.  So I teleported us back to the base.  I hit the easy button and saved both the tames and 3 people.  This shouldn't be an option.

I have to argue these two points,  teleport locations aren't wide spread and to do any real resource gathering you have to venture far from the teleport locations.  Likewise some of the teleport locations on the servers are sending you to the same location (i.e. the lava biome and snow biome on our official server are both sending use to same location for S and SW teleport locations.

#4 it sounds like your saying you just initiate the tp and no matter what you teleport to your location, which isn't true.  Firstly when being attacked by a dino it takes 15 seconds before you can teleport, alot can happen in those 15 seconds, and secondly, if the person who initiates the teleport gets struck, the teleport is canceled. so attempting to teleport back when being attacked, won't always save your butt, it sounds like you just lucked out because the argy was attacking your anky or tribemate, and not you.

3 hours ago, caleb68 said:

I have to argue these two points,  teleport locations aren't wide spread and to do any real resource gathering you have to venture far from the teleport locations.  Likewise some of the teleport locations on the servers are sending you to the same location (i.e. the lava biome and snow biome on our official server are both sending use to same location for S and SW teleport locations.

#4 it sounds like your saying you just initiate the tp and no matter what you teleport to your location, which isn't true.  Firstly when being attacked by a dino it takes 15 seconds before you can teleport, alot can happen in those 15 seconds, and secondly, if the person who initiates the teleport gets struck, the teleport is canceled. so attempting to teleport back when being attacked, won't always save your butt, it sounds like you just lucked out because the argy was attacking your anky or tribemate, and not you.

There are a bunch of teleport locations that put you within 100 yards of all the resources you an handle.  Bog west for example, land there, turn around and walk to the tree. Arctic west, go there walk up the hill or down between the mountains, bog sw, walk a couple hundred yards along the water and turn right.  or spawn there and turn left and cross the water.  Once you are there you can overload your animals and teleport them back, no need to pay attention to your weight.  Got more weight than it allows you to put on your animal?  Throw it on the ground and have a friend pick it up, they can pick up all the boxes they want off the ground without being stopped by the weight limit.  Carry weight 200 pounds? I can put 5 ton on you this way.

as long as the person doing the teleporting isn't the one being attacked they can get everyone out of trouble, worst case just duck into a corner out of the way and do it.

8 hours ago, Alocoste said:

Again, you are talking about the two only missions you have made in this DLC, come back when you'ld try alpha of escort or hunt missions. For now, you tested the most dumb missions (easy on gamma, impossible in Alpha, really hard in beta to finish manta race btw). You can't say the whole missions are dumb af when you only did 2 of them, that's completely an opinion made on nothing

You can't say there are more ppl disliking this DLC than ppl liking it. Because you can see both opinions here, and most ppl happy on the map won't come here to say they like it. Ppl are more tending to complain than hyping. Give me official datas.

I didn't say all the mission are dumb, I said the limited experience I had with them were pretty dumb.  But I still don't see them getting any better, sure they might get harder, but that doesn't mean they are going to be better.  So in your opinion which would be better?  The types of missions I suggested or what we have now?

I came to the conclusion more people are disliking the map due to the amount of threads stating that compared to other maps.  And take a look at the metrics one of the mods posted to prove how great it's doing, that proves just the opposite.  It showed the amount of new players to the game over the past few months, guess which month had the smallest amount of new players? 1/2 the amount of new players in fact.  It was the month the dlc launched ALONG with a free weekend.  

On 3/9/2020 at 12:34 PM, Aylana314159 said:

As for flyers is a great choice. Perhaps they should have removed wild flyers from spawning at all.

Adapt and overcome.

Or play a custom server, that can be your way.

I didn't say "lazy storylines", I said "lazy plot devices", and those are my opinions. I could also say "I don't like lobster" because I don't. I don't know the full storyline of Genesis, that is correct. That doesn't mean I can't say a plot device is lazy. Want a great example of a lazy plot device? When you think someone dies in an explosion in a movie, but they somehow magically survived and come back in the final scene of the movie and kisses the girl and the children are happy and everyone's smiling. It's lazy because all they are doing with the story is fooling you for a few minutes and then going "psyche hahahahah". That's so easy to come up with. Another lazy plot device is time travel. Like the example I pulle up. In one of the World of Warcraft expansions you travel back in time to one of the previous games, where you get to interact with all of the big lore characters from that era in the lore of the game, and when you are done with the expansion, nothing you did there affects the main storyline because it wasn't just back in time, it was also a different dimension. That's oh God so lazy. Or when the evil bad guy is a clone made by the emperor to further his will, and the emperor himself is a clone and survived falling into a nuclear reactor in space. Imagine if Kryptonite didn't exist, then Superman would just be a comic/show about a guy that no one could ever stop, ever. That'd been lazy and boring. You wanna know another lazy plot device? "Nothing is real because everything happens inside a simulation". It's a more modern version of the old story trope "then he woke up, and everything had been a dream", which is one of the oldest, laziest plot devices. You probably never write stories, my man, but when I say lazy it's not just because I looked at it and though "huh, that's lazy". I can actually argue to you why it's easier to do and why so many people choose to do it. Good authors never do it. The best stories, the nobel winners and so forth, none of those stories ever end with "then he woke up and it had all been a dream". So yes, saying everything is a simualtion let's them do things without explaining them, and lets there be stuff that makes no sense in the expansion. Like you can't fly, or can't use Tek, or can't build most places. Because the simulation doesn't allow it.

Lastly, about what you said about missions and them being accessible, you're not really using your brain for what it's good for.That's not an insult btw., you are not trying to actually think  and it shows because you mostly come off as offended. So stop being offended and maybe you hear what I'm saying. Like, if I told you I was gonna give you a million.... dollars or whatever. And all you have to do is come up with a way where missions were designed so that it wouldn't be a problem to build anywhere in the world. That's your assignment, find a way that missions could work that wouldn't hinder building. You couldn't come up to a solution to that if your life depended on it? If a mission was "kill 10 T-rexes" you could just kill any T-Rex. BAM! Make missions that are "kill X of this creature" like any other game that has quests. I came up with that in under 2 seconds. Took me two more seconds to brain "design mission AI that is general and can work in many places so the mission can spawn randomly". I've spent basically ten seconds solving the issue from a design standpoint. I'm sure if I was on a team of experienced programmers and game-developers and we talked about it for DAYS AND WEEKS I could come up with something even better. Have you played any other games, ever? Arguing that missions have to be the way they are because they are the way they are is so fallible. I'm saying they should have worked completely differently in a game like Ark. I'm saying "don't destroy the core design of your game to support a single feature that no one even really likes that good anyway". It's mind blowing that that's not first nature.

Archived