Hey WildCard, want some easy money?

TreeDog76

Because if you do, consider MTs.

That's right: microtransactions.

I would gladly pay you .99 for a backpack skin. Or a cape skin. Or a long braids hairstyle skin, and I know I'm not alone.

What would you gladly drop .99 for, fellow Ark-goers? Comment with that one cosmetic thing you wish Ark had to let them know how much extra moolah they're missing out on.

8 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

What if I told you skin microtransactions were actually a thing to a limited extent on console ?

rps20200302_190316.thumb.jpg.3d29518716660830288fb56b39544036.jpg

This is an extremely slippery slope though. One minute its skins, next minutes why bither raising a giga.

Aye, that's why I specified COSMETIC things.

And that "limited extent" to which MT skins are available is what I aim to change, open the floodgates sms get creative, not just with dinos but with character gear skins. That's what I'd love to see more than anything.

7 minutes ago, TreeDog76 said:

Aye, that's why I specified COSMETIC things.

And that "limited extent" to which MT skins are available is what I aim to change, open the floodgates sms get creative, not just with dinos but with character gear skins. That's what I'd love to see more than anything.

Fair enough. Am not necessarily a big fan of the idea but  I guess more saddle skins. Imagine a riding a rex in full plate armour with an ascendant saddle. 

I do prefer the current system of unlocking skins via in game acheivements though. I usually refuse point blank on microtransactions. 

I'd point to the way Elite Dangerous does it - you can get all of the cosmetics through gameplay, but you can also buy them as MTs, that works for me - play a lot, get them free, want them now (or want more than the gameplay's paid for, shell out a buck). Absolutely MTs should only be for cosmetics though, no pay to win. Plus you buy an unlock, it's available on all servers you play on, and in SP local.

2 hours ago, TreeDog76 said:

I would gladly pay you .99 for a backpack skin. Or a cape skin. Or a long braids hairstyle skin, and I know I'm not alone.

What would you gladly drop .99 for, fellow Ark-goers? Comment with that one cosmetic thing you wish Ark had to let them know how much extra moolah they're missing out on.

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, TreeDog76 said:

I'd pay 99c for this thread to buggar off

I would love the option of purchasing skins ....give me some vanity items. Heck let the community contribute skins that could be in a shop. I play Star Trek online, World of Warships , and have played lots of MMO's with online currency.  Nobody is forced to buy vanity items. It's also a great way to fund future development.  I would probably spend way to much on new dino skins ...

On 3/2/2020 at 2:24 PM, AngrySaltire said:

Fair enough. Am not necessarily a big fan of the idea but  I guess more saddle skins. Imagine a riding a rex in full plate armour with an ascendant saddle. 

I do prefer the current system of unlocking skins via in game acheivements though. I usually refuse point blank on microtransactions. 

i wished you could Unlock the Skins like from the Bosses like Rockwell and the manticore.

and other skins like The scorched Skins from SE and The events skins and emotes could be unlocked Via "game achievements"  example: Grow ever Crop in the Game = Pumpkin hat and Pitchfork skin  

On 3/2/2020 at 1:58 PM, TreeDog76 said:

EA would Love you!

On 3/2/2020 at 4:34 PM, MrHalloween said:

Not against it, I would love new skins

Not against blowing a few dollars either

I just play unofficial anyway so they always in loot drops

Are you playing on pc? Because I've never seen a server on xbox that gives you skins out of drops, other than the skins out of some of the artifact drops. I know that on like MTS, you can unlock all of the haircuts, and beard styles, but if you are getting skins out of a normal drop, I feel like that is a waste of a drop, unless there are other goodies in the drops like usual.

Archived