mindwipe tonic Mindwipe is Broken

help123123

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, EliteQuarmada said:

The newest community crunch states they are aware of the problem. They only were able to fix half the issue up front and are working on the back half. Whatever that actually means...

Based on what I've seen, timers got screwed up with the release of Genesis, possibly only for players who had an active Mindwipe timer at release time.  A subsequent patch resolved this (players who didn't have a bad timer value were OK after the first attempt to fix), but players who already had a bad timer (-8s or 12500 days seemed to be the common complaints) were not resolved by this patch.  My suspicion is that the player database field that stores the timer "stuck" with the player, so until that value is somehow reset, the problem will remain.

I don't see anything different after the most recent patch, so I don't have any idea what that might have been about.  At this point I wish I could just create a new survivor and have him leveled up to my current level by a GM.  Ownership of my stuff is my concern with that approach.

Hoping the next attempt is successful.

20 minutes ago, mongooseky said:

Based on what I've seen, timers got screwed up with the release of Genesis, possibly only for players who had an active Mindwipe timer at release time.  A subsequent patch resolved this (players who didn't have a bad timer value were OK after the first attempt to fix), but players who already had a bad timer (-8s or 12500 days seemed to be the common complaints) were not resolved by this patch.  My suspicion is that the player database field that stores the timer "stuck" with the player, so until that value is somehow reset, the problem will remain.

I don't see anything different after the most recent patch, so I don't have any idea what that might have been about.  At this point I wish I could just create a new survivor and have him leveled up to my current level by a GM.  Ownership of my stuff is my concern with that approach.

Hoping the next attempt is successful.

If it's as simple as that then a gamewide reset should do. I stopped playing for 2 years came back and my guy was level 1 with about 96 level ups to apply. They have done it before surely they can do it again.

12 hours ago, EliteQuarmada said:

If it's as simple as that then a gamewide reset should do. I stopped playing for 2 years came back and my guy was level 1 with about 96 level ups to apply. They have done it before surely they can do it again.

I think they have made genesis a priority because people are still buying it so we can all whistle.

Mindwipe potion trouble

Hello ,

I have a problem using the Mindwipe potion. i play on an official server and used the potion once ato lvl 50 . Now im lvl 88 and the 24 hours have pasted since the last use but i cant use it though. it doesnt give me the use option (it has it shaded)

what can i do ?

Thank you ,

On 3/17/2020 at 5:41 PM, EliteQuarmada said:

The newest community crunch states they are aware of the problem. They only were able to fix half the issue up front and are working on the back half. Whatever that actually means...

Well, assuming this will be adressed like most bugs (and none tested DLCs) not likely before they drop Gen2.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, bob22334455 said:

it has been 16 days since this problem appeared and it is still not fixed ?

I was able to mind wipe after the initial pass, but there is still some other issues and they are aware of it. They mentioned it into the last crunch:

2 hours ago, Jatheish said:

This is a top priority for us and we've been working on a fix. Unfortunately our first 2 attempts did not resolve the problem for legacy characters, but it may have resolved it going forward. Obviously this isn't great news, as it's legacy characters that we want to target so we're working on 2 different things right now to release as soon as possible to every platform:

• A one time clearance off all mindwipe related cooldowns. Hopefully this is the fix that will take care of the issue for legacy characters too and they don't find the issue resurfacing after the mind wipe has taken place
  • A one time free forced respec for everyone (in the event that the former doesn't work, we should be at least able to respec everyone) as we know some of you haven't been able to change your builds since Gen launch, which we're very sympathetic too. 

We know this bug is a pain but appreciate y'all hangin in there and rest assured, it is a priority for the team and we do plan to get it sorted out as soon as possible.

Playing on official pc pve, (not legacy servers), i made my character after valguero gut out on new servers. i mindwiped a few times on valguro to make some gear and stat food with enhanced stats.

Had the bug they all told about. first many years irl, after that 24hours stuck,  now i have no timer on mindwipe.. BUT i am not able to consume its greyed out.

Hope you resolve this isue at some point. i am lucky to be in my pve spec right now but it is anoying i cant respec.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, kpc said:

Playing on official pc pve, (not legacy servers), i made my character after valguero gut out on new servers. i mindwiped a few times on valguro to make some gear and stat food with enhanced stats.

Had the bug they all told about. first many years irl, after that 24hours stuck,  now i have no timer on mindwipe.. BUT i am not able to consume its greyed out.

Hope you resolve this isue at some point. i am lucky to be in my pve spec right now but it is anoying i cant respec.

Sorry, by legacy I mean, characters who had the issue prior to our patches going out.

2 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

Sorry, by legacy I mean, characters who had the issue prior to our patches going out.

Sorry but i realy dont get why you use the term legacy when it gives NO means in when or what you talk about. Talk about build numbers then and update your patch notes. Correct it to build numbers not those vague terms as legacy pre patch stuff. if its not real legacy, as i roled a new character after your firm didnt want to support those servers anymore.

3 hours ago, Jatheish said:

This is a top priority for us and we've been working on a fix. Unfortunately our first 2 attempts did not resolve the problem for legacy characters (those who experienced the bug before the patch went out), but it may have resolved it going forward. Obviously this isn't great news, as it's legacy characters that we want to target so we're working on 2 different things right now to release as soon as possible to every platform:

• A one time clearance off all mindwipe related cooldowns. Hopefully this is the fix that will take care of the issue for legacy characters too and they don't find the issue resurfacing after the mind wipe has taken place
  • A one time free forced respec for everyone (in the event that the former doesn't work, we should be at least able to respec everyone) as we know some of you haven't been able to change your builds since Gen launch, which we're very sympathetic too. 

We know this bug is a pain but appreciate y'all hangin in there and rest assured, it is a priority for the team and we do plan to get it sorted out as soon as possible.

@Jatheish

FYI, on our Valguero vanilla server (no mods at all, never) we didn't use any Mindwipe Tonic after Genesis release, precisely because we read about the issues on several forums. We waited for the patches. Now, with the current 307.43 build, if we try to use a Mindwipe Tonic, we can't consume it. We are not able to drink it.

So, in short, we are not what you call a legacy character. And we don't have any timer issue. We just can't drink Mindwipe Tonic.

7 hours ago, Jatheish said:

This is a top priority for us and we've been working on a fix. Unfortunately our first 2 attempts did not resolve the problem for legacy characters (those who experienced the bug before the patch went out), but it may have resolved it going forward. Obviously this isn't great news, as it's legacy characters that we want to target so we're working on 2 different things right now to release as soon as possible to every platform:

hey jat nice to see u, that being said after win10 finally got the update that well didn't do anything, please please don't go through with this. right now we call play the game, things are broken and not working but we can get in and atleast do some stuff, but if you do this it is almost certain that the game will be unplayable. I mean i figure if you do this you guys will probably knock everyone back to lvl 1 and we won't have any engrams, personally i would love to get a mindwipe that works, but from past experience odds are your just going to reset everyone back to lvl 1. thx for taking the time to read this.

On 3/17/2020 at 4:21 PM, theASCHE360 said:

Man, it is really so sad to believe that they dont test their update before releasing it? they should at least test it before updating the patch notes.

Right now its like a monkey throw a headbutt to the keyboard then say, DONE, its fixed, publish it 

I think your wrong, Genesis would have been tested to a degree but like any other title there will always be bugs, most of which are caused by players going out of there way to find things to do that they are not supposed to, Reapers were not intended for this map but players found a way to get them on the map!! How do you know this did not break the mindwipe? 

Also on our server today someone was trying to sell a Duped dino!!!!! then players complain about lag, this is way it lags that duped Dino should not be there and is putting stress on the server causing performance issues.

From my experience playing Ark PLAYERS cause more issues than the Devs can fix, if they just played with what they give and stop messing around finding glitches that then cause bugs and lag the game would run just fine.

Archived