mindwipe tonic Mindwipe is Broken

help123123

14 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Reproducing bugs has nothing to do with the number of times it happens in the wild.  It’s, complicated. 

I am not pleased that it doesn't seem that they want to work with players here to help narrow down the repro.  If we got enough folks to give a bit more details (which several have done, thank you!) they might have enough information to figure it out.

Given a couple of comments here I'm now going back to thinking this is a client or server or both time skew issue, an int (or what ever the backing data type is) underflow or overflow.  Without knowing how they're coding the timer there it's difficult to come up with more thoughts about the root cause here.  Oh another might be a serialization issue, which I've been told they've fixed several with Genesis, so the data conversion is using a wrong type or a sign is wrong or who knows but serialization/deserialization is definitely hard to get right.

The things that have me thinking those would be the timer not changing comments, and the negative values for a couple of folks.

It does seem to not be console/pc specific so far in the comments, and unsure if this is happening on singleplayer or unofficials as there were several threads here and elsewhere.

PS Thank you to whoever is merging these threads, guessing it's you Joebl0w13, it was/is driving me crazy that folks aren't taking a second to search first and add to a thread.  Not only does it help the developers it helps you, the customers, to keep it all in a thread.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unable to use mind wipe as well.

Was a week ago when i used it to become a crafter.. a week later still a crafter.

I can make mind wipe but i am unable to consume it.

I have leveled as well and have waited longer than the 24 hours. 

Several other members in my clan are having the same issues. 

Clearly something is broken. 

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, mleii said:

PS Thank you to whoever is merging these threads, guessing it's you Joebl0w13, it was/is driving me crazy that folks aren't taking a second to search first and add to a thread.  Not only does it help the developers it helps you, the customers, to keep it all in a thread.

I do a LOT of merging. It's much more effective to take a 10 page thread to the support staff and point out these issues.

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, mleii said:

I am not pleased that it doesn't seem that they want to work with players here to help narrow down the repro.  If we got enough folks to give a bit more details (which several have done, thank you!) they might have enough information to figure it out.

I would really welcome the use of something like Bugzilla or similar bug tracking software available for input from the public.

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I would really welcome the use of something like Bugzilla or similar bug tracking software available for input from the public.

Amen!  I've made this suggestion several times, goes back to the listening to folks who have some expertise in things.

I keep thinking I should create a GitHub repro for reporting issues and keeping track of known issues, but it's more work than what I'd want to put into given that they'd either ignore it or give me a cease and desist type response.  :/

i used to be a mechanic and i own a modded z20let. last year the oil seals went in the top end. i know how to replace them but its a hard job to do and alot can go wrong if dont have the right tools. so i drove it 200 miles to a guy who do a better job of it than my self... but if i had done it myself knowing my level of skill on a engine there big chance i break somthing else.. also if left the problem and just went painted the car this would not in any way fix the problem.

this is abit like wildcard. u cant fix the problems and instead getting someone better who can fix it, you atempt it your self and break somthing elsee and in the end all end up doing is leaving things broken and giving the game a paint job to try hide it.. and with this said its no sprise ive noticed doeds are broken, reapers are broken and mindwipes +god knows what else is broken since the genisis update... and i read endless reports on it and all i see is genisis patches and nothing else going on... so all well and good saying you are looking into it but fact is you are not. you have pushed it all to one side so carry on focusing on this new paint job

Mindwipe Bug

First of all, I come in peace. I am not angry see :D. Anyhow I just want to address an issue with the Mindwipe Tonic and may I add everyone is having this issue too...None can drink the tonic to reset their engrams. The tonic say 12428 days 13 hours before we can use it again i'm assuming? Anyhow if you can be an angel and fix this asap  I would appreciate it very much and be forever in your debt. cheers.. ❤️

22 minutes ago, Hottiegg02 said:

Enough bugs in genisis already (Insert buzzing noise here lol) im stuck at -8 second on mindwipe please fix.....

Does it still display -8 seconds right now?  Also can you comment tomorrow after 24 hours on what it shows?  I'm curious why some show -8 seconds and others show thousands of days, I'm going to guess that eventually yours will show the thousands of days but haven't seen anyone confirm that yet.

Might be helpful depending on the answer for devs to fix this or might not matter at all.

Might help the devs narrow it down if folks perhaps posted a bit more details.  That is if they haven't yet found a repro.  I'm going to guess they haven't based on various comments and that it isn't yet in the PC patches.

Like say:
What platform?  Though so far it seems that all platforms have it.
Did you go to Genesis map at any time?
Maybe, what language are you using in the game?  Going to guess this won't matter.
What level are you?
Is the first mindwipe you've tried to use?
When was the last time you did a mindwipe?  Might be hard to answer.
What map did you last mindwipe?  What map did you make the mindwipe on?  What map did you try to use the mindwipe on?
What time of the day did you try to take the mindwipe?  Or what time of day did you make it?  Don't think it matters, but it seems like it is a timer related issue so who knows.
Do mindwipes made before Genesis was added show the same days until you can take it?

Is everyone affected by this or only some?  This I'm not sure as we're going to have bias for people having it in this thread.
Related, do you have a tribemate doesn't have this issue?  If so when you give them the mindwipe you created what does it show for them?  If they create a mindwipe and give it to you what does it show for you?

Has someone tried transferring to scorched earth after getting this?  I seem to recall someone saying going there fixed the issue with having the swamp fever not going away.

Probably other questions but I can't think of any others right now to ask, and again no idea if this would even help.  Sorry.

If it's a serialization issue, which they've had several none of these questions would likely matter but then I would guess that everyone would have it, though it could be related to genesis map.

Mindwipe Tonic Issue

Good day.

I can’t use the mindwipe.

I craft 2 tonics, and the two has a -8s timer, what does that mean?

I’m level 96 on Official Server, and recently level up, but its useless. I wait 48 hours in real life, still useless. I also tried to save in a fridge and relog and still nothing, i want to respec my points to make a definitive character. 

Thanks for reading.

Archived