Let discuss Luna Zone!

1megatron124

1 hour ago, 1megatron124 said:

Anyone got suggestion on getting hazmat suit built for luna?

idk what you exactly mean, if you're asking if you should built it, then definitely, it protects you from the sunlights damage.

If you're asking how to get the ressources for one, gasballs can be obtained from the poison trees in the bog biome, blue gems are in the ocean biome in these underwater cubes with air and if you need polymer i would farm hesperornis at the oceans surface with a club and sword

27 minutes ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

To me, the Lunar Biome is this insane place you don't really want to go to, unless you really have to (which in my case, hasn't really happened). I have no idea how to build up there, I die all the time by everything and moving around is a nightmare if you don't have proper gear (and I have no clue what gear I need). 'Very Hard' is an understatement here :)

It's hard if you're starting there.

However, if you can get your hands on soups/stews from missions, you can walk there in shade/light and you'll heal quicker than you die. Base placement is key there because of the meteors and the defense units that can damage up to tek structures.

My issue with lunar right now is the invisible dinos, the drones, guardians and reapers are invisible as of right now. Only way I knew that one was a reaper was I got the cocooned effect and the browned vision, the others I know because I was on lunar before any patches had been done and saw the tek creatures there. Now all I get that I killed one is the spontaneous explosion from hitting the air. But to survive here you need to find a good cave that has water, yes there's water on lunar, the caves usually have aberration creatures in them, bulbdogs, roll rats and giant crabs in the water.

4 hours ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

To me, the Lunar Biome is this insane place you don't really want to go to, unless you really have to (which in my case, hasn't really happened). I have no idea how to build up there, I die all the time by everything and moving around is a nightmare if you don't have proper gear (and I have no clue what gear I need). 'Very Hard' is an understatement here :)

heh... yeah I explored it, died a lot still missing about 1/2 the upper part of the biome, it was fun though, even tried doing the skiff race but my skiff bugged out and I ended up stuck for the remainder of the race.

4 hours ago, Arkanewisdom said:

My issue with lunar right now is the invisible dinos, the drones, guardians and reapers are invisible as of right now. Only way I knew that one was a reaper was I got the cocooned effect and the browned vision, the others I know because I was on lunar before any patches had been done and saw the tek creatures there. Now all I get that I killed one is the spontaneous explosion from hitting the air. But to survive here you need to find a good cave that has water, yes there's water on lunar, the caves usually have aberration creatures in them, bulbdogs, roll rats and giant crabs in the water.

the drones I've seen many of times, they hover pretty high though and if your view distance is set low you won't see them but they'll surely see you.  Haven't seen a reaper there yet so can't comment on them, I've seen many many guardians though, they have chased me relentlessly even had one hit the air bloom it went on and follow me across, that was scarey! lol 

5 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

i have a question as me and some friends plan to go there soon, can you find reaper queens and get baby reapers. if not that sucks but understandable. also i have heard that to get magmasaurs you need something that comes from the lunar biome. can someone plz tell em what it is and what it does?

Ambergris, it’s farmed from the green/blue rocks. Best place to do it quickly is N teleport. Also get element shards from those rocks as well

• 2 months later...

So far after starting and living in the lunar biome the place is totally op, you can get unrefined gasballs from random rocks, you can kill tek dinos and get all the metal, oil, element, and electronics you want, you can handpick stone, crystal, thatch and wood, and the lunar biome is your playground, run into the gas looking spouts and they lunch you into the air for an easy get away or for just traveling, kill crabs for poly, i have high fortification so the burning barely hurts, and the cold doesn't freeze me, however if there is ever a meteor shower your game gets mega laggy lol

• 6 months later...

I guess they use the “ceiling” in lunar biome: be careful using bloodstalkers as ive hit the “ceiling” of the map chasing down an astrocetus and insta died (I have a s+ planetary shield functioning so no comets around and i was well away from the space whales mouth/tail attacks, as well no invisible enemies would 1 shot me as i had asc. Riot gear and the message indicated i killed myself). Kinda seems dumb to me as there are 0 indicators and seems almost too easily mistaken for just more of the map; especially when astrocetus starts to flee and flies up. So basically if it flies up, try to use its underside to stop you from hitting certain death.

On 3/6/2020 at 2:21 AM, Gunner120mm said:

Ambergris, it’s farmed from the green/blue rocks. Best place to do it quickly is N teleport. Also get element shards from those rocks as well

SE has a pretty good spot too, and it's usually rly quiet there with not a lot of mobs. In five runs there I encountered one tek rex and 0 other dinos whatsoever. My go-to spot.

As for OP, another thing to know about the Lunar biome is that the meteors can come from any direction. They don't rain down from above, neccessarily. They can come from below or from the sides. Or at an angle. The only safe places to build are in the caves, and certain rock formations may offer some protection for smaller buildings. I have a 2x3 under a rock formation all the way up in the northeast, and it's been there now for a year. We have ORP on our PvE cluster though, so not sure if it would have disappeared sooner if we didn't.

I don't know where you play and what the settings are on your server and etc., but if you can get a Rock Drake to Genesis, that's a huge help in the lunar biome. Otherwise, beating gamma Master Controller isn't such a big deal, and unlocks the Tek Skiff.

Archived