Not ok with the premium currency or lootboxs

Arumat22

Not ok with the premium currency or lootboxs

I know the premium currency and lootbox's are laying the groundwork for microtransactions and it's the number one reason I didn't buy genesis on release. Microtransactions ruin every game they are put into and I just had to let my opinion be known so that maybe we can put a stop to this eventual disaster before it gets too far. I'm hoping the devs aren't too indoctrinated by the pro lootbox and premium currency propaganda being spread by some players. You're making a mistake and players who are arguing in favour of these changes are just leading you into poor life decisions.

i believe they said they would never do sub or paid items but dont know if that will change to keep the servers supported and devolpment. money has to come from somewhere to keep the arks running.

but missions add something xtra to the game then only grinding and taming. would be good if they add it yo old maps aswel maybe bit different.

But no to microtransactions rather have a sub then..

Meh, just host your own server and set your own rules.

I'm actually looking forward to what the modding community will do with it. Giving us in game currency to buy and sell with other players!
Setup our own shops and sell dinos and gear n so on.

There are mods that do some of this already but would rather see it connected to this currency.
And it and the missions being added to all maps.

I do host my own server and set my own rules, I play with a bunch of friends. I would be good with a sub over microtransactions. I've heard that adding missions took away a whole swath of good building locations. I also think that missions, the way they are now take away from the core of what makes ark stand out. I won't play genesis, but telling people not to play a game they love won't solve the problem. you need to face issues in a relationship if you want to make it work. Apathy will never work to do anything other than flush everything down the drain faster.

9 hours ago, Arumat22 said:

I've heard that adding missions took away a whole swath of good building locations. I also think that missions, the way they are now take away from the core of what makes ark stand out

your right but just remember aberration has also it set of rules on building and dinos, this is a new map/content with a different story connected to it. If every new dlc would be a copy of the original just with a different map it would not make it unique but boring after a while. ARK players have always adapted them selves to changes that where made almost every change had negative comments of the players but after a while players get used to it.  Because if is different then what it used to be does not make it bad.

10 hours ago, Arumat22 said:

I do host my own server and set my own rules, I play with a bunch of friends. I would be good with a sub over microtransactions. I've heard that adding missions took away a whole swath of good building locations. I also think that missions, the way they are now take away from the core of what makes ark stand out. I won't play genesis, but telling people not to play a game they love won't solve the problem. you need to face issues in a relationship if you want to make it work. Apathy will never work to do anything other than flush everything down the drain faster.

... but You have choice, you can play Genesis without missions with all map buildable, and with flying enabled. There are even official servers in this configuration. As you can see there is a CHOICE. Why do some want to deprive others of their choice? As long as the transactions involve cosmetic improvemenets, what is the problem?

Archived