Lunar Survival?

GregoPeck

Lunar Survival?

Lunar Survival?

I decided to check out the Lunar biome. I was expecting some kind of environmental hazard. I teleported there and me and my Carno started taking damage. Eventually it went away and I was just taking damage, because it was freezing. Are you supposed to wear the radiation suit there or something? Let me know if you know how you and your creatures are supposed to survive there, please.

*Update* When I went the second time me and my Carno took no damage, other than my health draining, because of freezing. So, I don't know what that initial damage was about.

57 minutes ago, GregoPeck said:

Lunar Survival?

Lunar Survival?

I decided to check out the Lunar biome. I was expecting some kind of environmental hazard. I teleported there and me and my Carno started taking damage. Eventually it went away and I was just taking damage, because it was freezing. Are you supposed to wear the radiation suit there or something? Let me know if you know how you and your creatures are supposed to survive there, please.

*Update* When I went the second time me and my Carno took no damage, other than my health draining, because of freezing. So, I don't know what that initial damage was about.

If you are exposed to the sun, you'll be getting sun radiation and the according damage.

For hide, your sole option is to farm seekers. Spiked balls on the ground are your wood source (hand collected) and the vines covered in rocks/crystals yield fiber and crystal among other things.

1 minute ago, Darkholis said:

If you are exposed to the sun, you'll be getting sun radiation and the according damage.

For hide, your sole option is to farm seekers. Spiked balls on the ground are your wood source (hand collected) and the vines covered in rocks/crystals yield fiber and crystal among other things.

Thanks. I didn't explore very much at all. I went in, killed some creatures and got out, I needed the electronics and oil. I didn't notice fire damage, it was just small damage to me and my Carno and I was freezing. I'm only assuming sunlight damage looks like it does on Aberration, I don't know yet.

1 minute ago, GregoPeck said:

Thanks. I didn't explore very much at all. I went in, killed some creatures and got out, I needed the electronics and oil. I didn't notice fire damage, it was just small damage to me and my Carno and I was freezing. I'm only assuming sunlight damage looks like it does on Aberration, I don't know yet.

Similar but nothing that will kill you in seconds. :)

17 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Similar but nothing that will kill you in seconds. :)

I finally saw it. Yeah, I wasn't burning that first time I was there. I have floating damage numbers and they were small like 8 or so to me and my Carno. So, I'm not sure what that was about. It only happened that first time I teleported there. I've been there maybe three more times and it hasn't happened again.

• Volunteer Moderator

Yeah no idea what would have caused that first damage on you and your Carno, but I can confirm that during the day the heat drains your health but is nothing like Aberration (as you will have found out), and night is just normal cold all the time.

If you manage to locate a cave somewhere that is buildable you will find that it is not hot or cold so is survivable.

I have seen reports of some invisible creatures causing damage on Lunar, but I think that is on console rather than PC, but they may have explained your first issue.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

I have seen reports of some invisible creatures causing damage on Lunar, but I think that is on console rather than PC, but they may have explained your first issue.

Don't know if it's related but each time I teleport to the lunar biome, creatures suddenly drop from the sky all over the place as if they just "spawned".

5 minutes ago, GP said:

Yeah no idea what would have caused that first damage on you and your Carno, but I can confirm that during the day the heat drains your health but is nothing like Aberration (as you will have found out), and night is just normal cold all the time.

If you manage to locate a cave somewhere that is buildable you will find that it is not hot or cold so is survivable.

Thanks for the info, I'll be on the look out for those caves.

I also thought about the invisible creatures, but I don't think I did any damage to one or anything. I don't think that was it, it just disappeared after a while though.

3 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Don't know if it's related but each time I teleport to the lunar biome, creatures suddenly drop from the sky all over the place as if they just "spawned".

Yeah, I saw this, too. It's kind of how I noticed Pteranodons spawning on the Island, they just fell from the sky.

1 minute ago, GP said:

Ah @GregoPeck @Darkholis think I just figured it out. There are flying attack drones (from Overseer boss) that spawn on Lunar and often you don't spot them because they are always above you and will follow you constantly firing at you.

Hm, that could explain it, but it didn't last very long. I really have no idea what it was. I thought it was radiation, that's why I posted this, but it doesn't seem irradiated there.

On 3/2/2020 at 2:14 AM, GP said:

Hey @GP did you find a cave in the lunar biome? If so, could you tell me the coordinates, please? Thanks.

*Update* From another thread, I found a video showing them. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, TheFallenFang said:

Just to let you know, those minor damage numbers you were taking were some sort of space gas. I've noticed some of the green vents do cause some minor damage constantly like that. Little numbers like less than 10s. That's likely what it was that was hurting you. Hope that helps bud.

"Space Gas", I love it!

Archived