Well WC did it again. Made an OP dino and hasn't contemplated the obvious....

johnm81

The blood stalker is going to be very op on the pvp battle field. Imagine the ability to pull fliers tapejara and smaller at turret range or longer to you. The projectile speed is near instantaneous unlike the reaper. Larger fliers don't get a reprieve either. If the flier is too big the blood stalker pulls the rider off and they take fall damage! Again, the shot is near instantaneous AND the range is turret range or larger. 

All tested on a non-ded server with tribe mates.

Really WC we have to do this all over again after the wild card managarmr embarrassment? 

On 3/2/2020 at 1:01 AM, FreelancerKnux said:

I dont see them being as bad as manas, honestly anyone flying on pvp not geared for a sudden fall isn't only gonna be affected by stalkers

On 3/2/2020 at 1:40 AM, LEDminer said:

Hey, a new way to deal with flyers in PvP is always welcome in my eyes.

Besides, taming one is very expensive (takes over a thousand bloodpacks for a max level), compared to a flyer which is dirt cheap to tame.

Guys I am not sure If I have fully explained the issue with the  blood stalker. Today the tribe I am in had one of its meat tp's destroyed. It was well protected and had both HA turrets and Tek turrets surrounding it. As players teleported in to defend it a blood  stalker webbed them and dragged them and their tames to an enemy giga. The spider webbed them FROM OUTSIDE TURRET range. 

This spider isn't a counter to flyers. The spider is a counter  to any tame along battle lines as it insta picks you and drags you to the enemy from WAAAAY out of turret range.

29 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Guys I am not sure If I have fully explained the issue with the  blood stalker. Today the tribe I am in had one of its meat tp's destroyed. It was well protected and had both HA turrets and Tek turrets surrounding it. As players teleported in to defend it a blood  stalker webbed them and dragged them and their tames to an enemy giga. The spider webbed them FROM OUTSIDE TURRET range. 

This spider isn't a counter to flyers. The spider is a counter  to any tame along battle lines as it insta picks you and drags you to the enemy from WAAAAY out of turret range.

Yes they can grab from out of turret range but you shoot them a few times and they’ll eat there rider. Players getting killed on tps isn’t anything new everyone knows you run the risk of being sniped tping either way. Just because the bloodstalker changes the meta doesn’t mean it’s OP and needs to be nerfed just means it’s time to adapt and find new methods to fighting. 

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

Come now the only thing that might need fixing on them is changing the web distance to turret range thats it.

1 hour ago, Markdh31788 said:

Yes they can grab from out of turret range but you shoot them a few times and they’ll eat there rider. Players getting killed on tps isn’t anything new everyone knows you run the risk of being sniped tping either way. Just because the bloodstalker changes the meta doesn’t mean it’s OP and needs to be nerfed just means it’s time to adapt and find new methods to fighting. 

Your point stands if it was only players getting dragged off the pad.

Your point fails once you realize it was players AND tames getting dragged off into the enemy line out of turret range from a near insta cast easy aim op mechanic.

Just now, johnm81 said:

Your point stands if it was only players getting dragged off the pad.

Your point fails once you realize it was players AND tames getting dragged off into the enemy line out of turret range from a near insta cast easy aim op mechanic.

Kinda but I’ve sniped players then flame arrowed there tames on tps just takes longer to do. Isn’t like it can drag anything to meaningful anyways can’t grab giga bronto racer Rex reaper or wyvern but again it goes back to adapting could just fly over to the tp to defend or drake/bloodstalker your way over depending on map. Yea takes a little longer but you won’t be standing there in the open waiting for things to render and ark to let ya move around again 

22 hours ago, Markdh31788 said:

Kinda but I’ve sniped players then flame arrowed there tames on tps just takes longer to do. Isn’t like it can drag anything to meaningful anyways can’t grab giga bronto racer Rex reaper or wyvern but again it goes back to adapting could just fly over to the tp to defend or drake/bloodstalker your way over depending on map. Yea takes a little longer but you won’t be standing there in the open waiting for things to render and ark to let ya move around again 

You have admit what you did comparatively to what we are talking about is apples and oranges.

1. Grabbing a dino to the waiting jaws of a giga is a quick kill while flame arrows much slower and allows counter play. 

2. And now compare that to being able to grab a flying  dino in mid air even if you only pull it part way you are immobilizing it temporarily allowing it to be focus fired. That is huge. 

3. What you may not realize is that even if a dino is too large to be pulled you CAN pull a rider OFF OF THE SADDLE of that too large dino.

4. The health drain from the bloodstalker being injured is not a lot. I measured it about 1-5 hp per second. That is easily countered with rp food and health brews.

5. The ability to snatch and pull from its range both air and land dinos is too OP at its current range. This little mini tree titan needs to have that pull range reduced.

On 3/5/2020 at 11:11 AM, Logan96 said:

Has anyone tried grappling on to their tame or base to counter its pull? 

Maybe if you can grabble on to something heavy enough they will accidently pull themselves into your own turrets. 

Lets start to science this and find some hard counters rather than helplessly praying to the Ark gods. 

How do you grapple while you on a saddle of a Dino that is being pulled?

On 3/2/2020 at 12:05 AM, johnm81 said:

The blood stalker is going to be very op on the pvp battle field. Imagine the ability to pull fliers tapejara and smaller at turret range or longer to you. The projectile speed is near instantaneous unlike the reaper. Larger fliers don't get a reprieve either. If the flier is too big the blood stalker pulls the rider off and they take fall damage! Again, the shot is near instantaneous AND the range is turret range or larger. 

All tested on a non-ded server with tribe mates.

Really WC we have to do this all over again after the wild card managarmr embarrassment? 

If it does get nurf, that would be because of salty thread like this crying over it...

Quote: "Every action has an equal and opposite reaction"...

1 minute ago, johnm81 said:

No, sorry that's now how grapples work when you are on a mount. It wont save you vs a spider.

So you are telling me that if I'm on a mount and I switch to my crossbow and grapple something, that the bloodstalker will pull us in? Or are you saying that it will pull me first? which it cant because I'm grappled. So will it pull the dino? but wait I'm riding it. I'm not asking rhetorical questions here. tell me exactly what happens rather than say "it won't work" because I think you're wrong. 

33 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

So you are telling me that if I'm on a mount and I switch to my crossbow and grapple something, that the bloodstalker will pull us in? Or are you saying that it will pull me first? which it cant because I'm grappled. So will it pull the dino? but wait I'm riding it. I'm not asking rhetorical questions here. tell me exactly what happens rather than say "it won't work" because I think you're wrong. 

Well you know you could go on single player and find out.....

If you are on a mount. And you pull out your cross bow and shoot a grapple hook as soon as the hook hits a valid target it will disappear as WC has deemed it that you can't grapple hook to anything while on a mount.

38 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

...because I think you're wrong. 

30 minutes ago, Logan96 said:

So sick of people just stating that something doesn't work before actually trying it. 

Yeah me too..... *looks at you*

8 minutes ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

the bloodstalker is not op I just killed 4 players today ez snip. it has low hp.

Oh you poor poor short term memory ark player. How easy have you have forgotten. That is exactly what they said about mana's when they first came out. Don't worry about their stupid OP breath attack. They are a glass cannons. And yet now that we have bread the hell out of them they are born with 13k hp 800% melee before imprints. You think the endless mutation bug wont shore up its low hp leaving it with a stupid OP web pull and melee? 

Spoiler alert: It will....

2 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Oh you poor poor short term memory ark player. How easy have you have forgotten. That is exactly what they said about mana's when they first came out. Don't worry about their stupid OP breath attack. They are a glass cannons. And yet now that we have bread the hell out of them they are born with 13k hp 800% melee before imprints. You think the endless mutation bug wont shore up its low hp leaving it with a stupid OP web pull and melee? 

Spoiler alert: It will....

don't be rude bro I don't know maybe you just suck at pvp and I shoot the player not the tame...

1 hour ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

don't be rude bro I don't know maybe you just suck at pvp and I shoot the player not the tame...

Sorry disagreement with your point sits with you as rude. Sniping has never been hard. But you will learn as most others have that mek battle lines and their shield projectors have hard countered most sniping. 

8 hours ago, johnm81 said:

Well you know you could go on single player and find out.....

If you are on a mount. And you pull out your cross bow and shoot a grapple hook as soon as the hook hits a valid target it will disappear as WC has deemed it that you can't grapple hook to anything while on a mount.

Yeah me too..... *looks at you*

Not being able to grapple while on a mount isn't news to me, I simply got messed up and I will own that I was misinformed there. But you need to admit there still isn't enough science being done here. My original idea wasn't to grapple while on a mount but rather grapple your own person to something heavy. Then sit back and peg their bloodstalker with  a compound bow. If your grappled to say a mega or theri and they still pull you in then your dps machine will also get pulled and start hitting the bloodstalker too correct?. Combine that with a shoulder mount like a dimorph which targets the rider. 

I'm not saying that this method will work and I'm not saying the bloodstalker doesn't need a nerf, but in the meantime I am trying to actively figure out some tactics to fight it. All I've seen you do so far complain about how op it is and tell people that they are wrong. 

Archived