Mining Drill

Noa

Mining Drill

I went to genesis with my main to learn engram for mining drill.

Back on island and crafted it and ofc tried it.

Don't  work under water in sea  so no idea how to mine oil. As is engram from genesis i was sure  it will as genesis have ocean biome

After use only way to stop sound is to relog.

It cost too much to craft it.( you need to have black pearls, cementing paste, hard polymer,,crystals, metal and such mats)

Duration ( primitive) is 700.

It consume  a lot of gasoline. Around 30 gasoline till decayed.

And it cost too much to repair too.

After sea experiment (cat use it) i went  to volcano to try it for obsidian and metal.

I come back to base with almost empty argentavis.

Its during event - harvesting is x3.

Drill have very bad efficiency. Compared to Ankylosaurs  drill is big NO to use.

With ankylosaurs i could get about 2500 kg of metal and obsidian.

It have weight reduction for two things.

Raw metal 200 = 50.

Stone 100 = 12.5

No reduction on crystals.

No reduction on obsidian.

And last chance where it could potentially be used is also NO - no weight reduction on metal ingots..

Also i tried it on  live and on dead Tek Parasaur with NO effect. Well hoped in some kind of super efficiency to collect elemental dust.

This tool is practically misleading, inefficient, it have too high cost to craft and repair and it consume too much gasoline.

Maybe in future if someone find element node on island lol.

What do you guys think about?

40 minutes ago, Noa said:

Mining Drill

Don't  work under water in sea  so no idea how to mine oil. As is engram from genesis i was sure  it will as genesis have ocean biome

It cost too much to craft it.( you need to have black pearls, cementing paste, hard polymer,,crystals, metal and such mats)

After sea experiment (cat use it) i went  to volcano to try it for obsidian and metal.

Drill have very bad efficiency. Compared to Ankylosaurs  drill is big NO to use.

Raw metal 200 = 50.

Stone 100 = 12.5

And last chance where it could potentially be used is also NO - no weight reduction on metal ingots..

Also i tried it on  live and on dead Tek Parasaur with NO effect. Well hoped in some kind of super efficiency to collect elemental dust.

This tool is practically misleading, inefficient, it have too high cost to craft and repair and it consume too much gasoline.

I think it is way OP right now.

You'll get a weight reduction on most basic materials (wood, thatch, stone, metal ore, etc). This let's me carry well over 1k metal on a 400 weight character which is pretty retarded.
Mining red crystals with it in the volcanic area will yield you easily 1-1.5 element worth of shards per node.

It is also useable from the back of your tames like a crossbow. This makes farming with a Ferox a very quick adventure.

The drill on its own is far more flexible than any combo of anky with (argent/quetz/crab) as you can reach very tricky spots with ease as you simply need to aim at the desired rock. Combine it with a gasbags for maximum yield.

Since I started on Genesis, I didn't bothered taming any of the usual farming creatures as I easily out-farm them with the basic model. Anky is too slow and weak to face any of the x-creatures on its own, especially in the volcanic biome.

Mammoth/Thorny won't keep up with it as I use a chainsaw to farm the wood, then toggle the drill for the reduction and move around on my own (175% run speed) or with the Ferox.

I think the cost of the item is fine as is and it wasn't even challenging to get the mats. You can get the pearls from the volcano by hand collecting the clams, killing eurypterids in the ocean and/or buy them with hexagons. Dodo-basket is easy-peasy hexagons for your ressources....

-----------------------------------

- I would reduce the weight reduction from 4 to 2, just as to keep farming dinos relevant.
- Increase the overheating rate.
- The drill itself should be very heavy as to limit what you can carry with it.

1 hour ago, RageQuitter said:

I've been using it on the island and love it, don't bother using an anky or doed now, only issue is the noise won't go away when you un-equip it so either have to re-log or transfer to another server and back, doesn't happen on Rag though, think there was a similar bug with chainsaws a couple of years ago? 

Yes, if you forget to turn it off before mounting a creature, you'll get the sound bug.

... came here looking for solution to sound bug.. which very much breaks the game for me. Can't find one, so found my own solution. Doesn't remove sounds completely, but makes it MUCH quieter and bearable to continue playing:

Delete the sound file, problem half solved:

MiningDrill_Idle_Cue.uasset

s_miningdrill_idle.uasset

The level of incompetence at Wildcard is extraordinary lol  Literally exactly the same bugs keep repeating themselves. You'd think they'd learn after solving the same bug the first time. But no, they just keep releasing new DLCS with all the same bugs as the last one, and the one before that... Boggles the mind.  Then they release a dozen updates, none of which fix the bugs they ALREADY have solutions for from last time they fixed the same bug...

On 3/1/2020 at 10:16 PM, Darkholis said:

I think it is way OP right now.

You'll get a weight reduction on most basic materials (wood, thatch, stone, metal ore, etc). This let's me carry well over 1k metal on a 400 weight character which is pretty retarded.
Mining red crystals with it in the volcanic area will yield you easily 1-1.5 element worth of shards per node.

It is also useable from the back of your tames like a crossbow. This makes farming with a Ferox a very quick adventure.

The drill on its own is far more flexible than any combo of anky with (argent/quetz/crab) as you can reach very tricky spots with ease as you simply need to aim at the desired rock. Combine it with a gasbags for maximum yield.

Since I started on Genesis, I didn't bothered taming any of the usual farming creatures as I easily out-farm them with the basic model. Anky is too slow and weak to face any of the x-creatures on its own, especially in the volcanic biome.

Mammoth/Thorny won't keep up with it as I use a chainsaw to farm the wood, then toggle the drill for the reduction and move around on my own (175% run speed) or with the Ferox.

I think the cost of the item is fine as is and it wasn't even challenging to get the mats. You can get the pearls from the volcano by hand collecting the clams, killing eurypterids in the ocean and/or buy them with hexagons. Dodo-basket is easy-peasy hexagons for your ressources....

-----------------------------------

- I would reduce the weight reduction from 4 to 2, just as to keep farming dinos relevant.
- Increase the overheating rate.
- The drill itself should be very heavy as to limit what you can carry with it.

It sounds like you don't play on official rates. Original Poster is right. The drill is trash or bugged. Terrible at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 10:36 PM, Noa said:

Mining Drill

Raw metal 200 = 50.

Stone 100 = 12.5

I agree. The thing is a total waste of material and time to craft. My anky and doeds will come back to base in one run with more materials than 10 runs with my 350 weight character and the drill. I just started using it and it’s so disappointing.. only use that makes it worth carrying in your inventory is if you were mining the red crystal in lava area 

On 3/13/2020 at 9:46 AM, NZScruffy said:

... came here looking for solution to sound bug.. which very much breaks the game for me. Can't find one, so found my own solution. Doesn't remove sounds completely, but makes it MUCH quieter and bearable to continue playing:

Delete the sound file, problem half solved:

MiningDrill_Idle_Cue.uasset

s_miningdrill_idle.uasset

The level of incompetence at Wildcard is extraordinary lol  Literally exactly the same bugs keep repeating themselves. You'd think they'd learn after solving the same bug the first time. But no, they just keep releasing new DLCS with all the same bugs as the last one, and the one before that... Boggles the mind.  Then they release a dozen updates, none of which fix the bugs they ALREADY have solutions for from last time they fixed the same bug...

yep... I haven't had a map fill in since before aberration.  Every map I play on I start with a fresh brand new map every time I log in. And my in game settings get reset every time I log in since aberration,  now with genesis not only do I still have to deal with that problem, they screwed up the map settings as well, every time I restart the application the map settings are reset.  Being they never fixed it before I would bet anything they never fix the new and improved setting reset problem.  

something seems to of gone fishy with mine... its a apprentice one but...

lunar... the only thing it seems to collect for me now is stone....

bog biome... the only thing it seems to harvest at a good rate is .... thatch...

its now actually getting lower rates of everything that it collects (except thatch in the bog) then using primative metal picks and axes.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Ultradmb said:

a lot of oil is also in the north of the vulcano biome

NW, N, NE at all the pools of water there are usually oil nodes, as well as alot of places to place oil wells :D  thankfully some people have left a few wells open to all on our server so everyone gets some :) but nothing like teleporting in and having a rex screaming in your face as you materialize there lol.

Archived