Teleport Spawn Protection is needed ASAP

St1ckyBandit

Teleport Spawn Protection is needed ASAP

I've been getting spawn camped all day in literally any biome I travel to by either a guy on a bloodstalker or a rhino with a parasaur to warn of new arrivals or simply some naked that KOs me before I can even move. 

When this is the only mode of travel across the map, it really needs to be handled better. Right now its Russian roulette on whether you can spawn and actually play the game or if you're just going to lose everything before you even have the chance to react.

For the record I actually like the teleporting aspect, there just needs to be a brief 5-10 seconds of invulnerability (in which you cannot attack either) or PVP needs to be completely disabled at the teleport spawns altogether. 

It's ruining the game for me.

......and about a minute after I posted this 2 guys on bloodstalkers were waiting at Arctic north.

I have to agree. Even if you only play pve, this is still a pretty serious issue, especially with the new X-dinos that will absolutely destroy any tames you bring with you. The only place I've managed to teleport to and never have my face getting torn off as soon as I load in is the ocean biome, but that's because there are no predators there, although I'm sure there are lots of people there just waiting on pvp.

Temporary (maybe lasts until 5 seconds after the client tells the server that it's loaded) invulnerability, where the teleported people obviously can't do damage either, would be a fair fix for this I think. There's currently no defense to getting attacked after you teleport and before you can see, and there's pretty obviously an issue when the only way to move around the map has you 100% at the mercy of whoever is waiting at the other side with no counter.

10 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I have to agree. Even if you only play pve, this is still a pretty serious issue, especially with the new X-dinos that will absolutely destroy any tames you bring with you. The only place I've managed to teleport to and never have my face getting torn off as soon as I load in is the ocean biome, but that's because there are no predators there, although I'm sure there are lots of people there just waiting on pvp.

Temporary (maybe lasts until 5 seconds after the client tells the server that it's loaded) invulnerability, where the teleported people obviously can't do damage either, would be a fair fix for this I think. There's currently no defense to getting attacked after you teleport and before you can see, and there's pretty obviously an issue when the only way to move around the map has you 100% at the mercy of whoever is waiting at the other side with no counter.

yep i had tamed a berry gatherer .... i tpd back to the bog it didnt end well. it was cryoed in my inventory i was mauled and murdered by a wild pack of raptors this is pve btw i couldnt get back to my bag due to it spawned me in a random spot so i took the loss. but this due to loading in before i can even move and just be murdered is dumb as anything beyond me. its stupid because our spawn points literally share the raptoring dino spawn points it seems like! cant do anything as the server and console is loading in except be mauled. also another quality of life thing needs to happen hlna allow us to teleport to our bed without dropping our gear in our base for some protection and extra safety. least i can transition into my own base without being mauled lol .... im sure alot of people will agree a quality of life thing

3 hours ago, slayerofzombs87 said:

yep i had tamed a berry gatherer .... i tpd back to the bog it didnt end well. it was cryoed in my inventory i was mauled and murdered by a wild pack of raptors this is pve btw i couldnt get back to my bag due to it spawned me in a random spot so i took the loss. but this due to loading in before i can even move and just be murdered is dumb as anything beyond me. its stupid because our spawn points literally share the raptoring dino spawn points it seems like! cant do anything as the server and console is loading in except be mauled. also another quality of life thing needs to happen hlna allow us to teleport to our bed without dropping our gear in our base for some protection and extra safety. least i can transition into my own base without being mauled lol .... im sure alot of people will agree a quality of life thing

Its a way bigger issue than just a QOL change. Its being able to simply play the damn game. 

Archived