Genesis race missions seem to have less time on PC than on Console.

NovaSpartan

I've been trying to complete the races on PC such as the Bloodstalker and the Manta Ray one and the moment I do Beta or Alpha it becomes impossibly difficult because there's simply not enough time to make it the whole way even on a good run.

So I looked up a video on youtube to see if there was something I was missing and low and behold the only videos were all on Console and I noticed that players on console for example doing the Manta Race on Alpha in the Ocean biome have an entire extra minute of time. They start with 2 minutes and 30 seconds while PC players only start with 1 minute and 30 seconds. So...what gives? Is this a bug or is this intentional? I'm going to assume it's a bug but either way has anyone else realized this?

6 minutes ago, NovaSpartan said:

I've been trying to complete the races on PC such as the Bloodstalker and the Manta Ray one and the moment I do Beta or Alpha it becomes impossibly difficult because there's simply not enough time to make it the whole way even on a good run.

So I looked up a video on youtube to see if there was something I was missing and low and behold the only videos were all on Console and I noticed that players on console for example doing the Manta Race on Alpha in the Ocean biome have an entire extra minute of time. They start with 2 minutes and 30 seconds while PC players only start with 1 minute and 30 seconds. So...what gives? Is this a bug or is this intentional? I'm going to assume it's a bug but either way has anyone else realized this?

The doed race in the volcanic biome is impossible to complete right now in alpha. I can barely finish the beta one with 2-3 secs to spare and I'm cutting corners as much as possible without ghosting through.

13 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

The doed race in the volcanic biome is impossible to complete right now in alpha. I can barely finish the beta one with 2-3 secs to spare and I'm cutting corners as much as possible without ghosting through.

It simply has to be bugged then. This needs to be fixed ASAP if so because this hinders progress.

2 hours ago, Draculas4skin said:

Same boat here, PC unofficial and tested SP too. Both get an entire minute less than console officials.

None of the races are possible on Alpha that I've tried and only a few are possible on Beta. 

It's really infuriating to be honest. Alot of the other missions are hard to do alone and since my friends are usually doing different things I like doing the races but them being impossible due to this is frustrating.

PC here. the Saber slalom is a NIGHTMARE once you get to beta. It feels like rubber banding and general sever lag was not taken into account. No one is going to beat alpha on any of these  and we spend a good solid 2 and  half days on the beta version of that one race alone. In the end it took all the tribe mates lining the mountain to clear out resources and dinos and stay at there post whole one person went down the mountain. then they'd trade off with another.  And this was just to beat the BETA of one race. Even with this same method Alpha is impossible.

2 hours ago, Alocoste said:

Same on PC. Manta and bloodstalker races are impossible in Beta and Alpha. Also, i already wrote this in this forum, Beta and Alpha have exactly the same timer and same route to do. 

Alpha and beta have the same times for bloodstalker?
I have managed to do the beta bloodstalker race, but that was a perfect run and there was literally 1 second left on the clock. I guess that makes the alpha version possible.

8 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Alpha and beta have the same times for bloodstalker?
I have managed to do the beta bloodstalker race, but that was a perfect run and there was literally 1 second left on the clock. I guess that makes the alpha version possible.

Yes, same with Manta, exactly same timer and route. So i was trying to do Alpha insteand of Beta when i saw it, at least it will Worth the pain ? I think it is doable for the bloodstalker, but like freaking hard, you need to hard try and make a perfect race without a lag… Congrats btw ;)

4 minutes ago, Alocoste said:

Yes, same with Manta, exactly same timer and route. So i was trying to do Alpha insteand of Beta when i saw it, at least it will Worth the pain ? I think it is doable for the bloodstalker, but like freaking hard, you need to hard try and make a perfect race without a lag… Congrats btw ;)

I should've done alpha :_:

It's a tough race, dunno if I can manage it a second time

I wouldn't mind if alpha difficulty races required perfect times and left you with just 1 second remaining. It is supposed to be very hard. The bottle nose race (ichthy) is the one that seems to have working timers on pc, and its alpha race is too easy in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I should've done alpha :_:

It's a tough race, dunno if I can manage it a second time

I wouldn't mind if alpha difficulty races required perfect times and left you with just 1 second remaining. It is supposed to be very hard. The bottle nose race (ichthy) is the one that seems to have working timers on pc, and its alpha race is too easy in my opinion.

Are you playing solo btw or on a server with high pop? Because yesterday it drove me crazy those tiny lags (due to those, hitting a tree, didn't connect correctly with the web, etc)

Just now, Alocoste said:

Are you playing solo btw or on a server with high pop? Because yesterday it drove me crazy those tiny lags (due to those, hitting a tree, didn't connect correctly with the web, etc)

I'm playing solo (not singleplayer mode)

The lag was worse for me during the water races than the bog races actually, which is a bit strange since the bloodstalker goes so much faster. Maybe if you stay high up, you can avoid rendering in everything on the ground.

When the web doesn't connect the way you intended, it normally doesn't cause a huge problem and can be corrected because you can jump from the web while pulling yourself in up to 90 degrees away from the direction of the web and you get to keep all your speed, so to mess up too badly, you'd have to actually web behind you. Almost directly behind you, at that.

12 hours ago, captyarrr said:

This DLC is not been tested before it dropped. Like every other DLC, they use playerbase who paid for the game to test. So you can be frustrated and they have a laugh.

(Ferox, resourcecaves Genesis and so on and so on...)

VDD beta tested aberration and we know the meshing mess it caused. Extinction and Genesis were clearly not tested by any actual player and it shows.

Archived