Great job on Genesis WC :)

EatMyDust

Great job on Genesis WC :)

Great job WC, this new DLC is awesome.

No flyers: I was frustrated at the no flyer option after I tamed an Argy, but I'm now happy there aren't any flyers on the map. It makes the game more difficult and you have to value your resources wisely. It also forces you to be creative about getting those heavy resources as your typical doed/anky can't carry much. I understand not all people like this, but if you love Aberration you see this more of a challenge with a feeling of accomplishment; and not so much as a frustration. ALSO: There are dinos on this map that you can ride and "fly" around with (not going to spoil the fun), and there's also the hover skiff with insane weight that you earn as a reward for beating the boss. Great reward for sticking it out.

Difficulty curve at the beginning: Feels great to run from everything for a change, but incredibly frustrating until the point of taming a meater. Great way to filter out the whiny bobs imo. Ex: Dude joined the server first day, and somehow didn't have a single piece of land by day 3. Day 4 he builds a raft, and a leed eats it. Dude quits. Probably even wrote a reddit post about how stupid this map is LOL. Why would anyone want WC to cater to people like this?

Glitches, missions, and hexagon shop: Great additions to the game to push you to explore the map. There are many scenic areas that you don't typically run into if it wasn't for the glitches and missions, which makes it awesome. The missions that give you tames to use, or weapons to fight with are awesome. I like that the devs created custom scenarios where you don't need gear. Personally, I wish there wasn't a hexagon shop to add more difficulty to the map, but it's nice when you forget to bring a cryopod from home and just tamed something.

Other thoughts: The different biomes of the map are a bit of a controversial topic atm, but I like that there are separate "maps" within the map. While it would've been nice to have one big map, the different little maps grew on me over time. Being able to teleport and bring tames with you is a great bonus to balance out the new map layout.

Lunar biome: AMAZING. I really enjoy running around with reduced gravity, and kiting raptors off edges. I also like that the devs put OP dinos in secretive spots that make mining less of a chore (won't spill any beans, go research). Its the place to be once you have kibble.

Launch day was a bit annoying with the delays, but not having any game breaking bugs like element veins deleting bases on Ext when it launched is great and well worth the wait.

Thanks WC, you did a great job with this map.

While I agree that the map is a lot of fun, it's a bit reckless to say there aren't game breaking bugs currently.

Currently there is a heap of game breaking mechanics that need serious attention.

• several creature spawners are broken
  • missions wiping data
  • invisible attack drones
  • losing creatures to biome teleports
  • unbearable FPS in all biomes
  • Primitive+ servers are still down

At first I honestly hated the biome lock, i'm glad to say it's growing on me. I truly think each biome is very special and all very nicely done. The DLC is fun sure, but these bugs need to be addressed, acknowledged , and patched with haste.

Archived