WC is the wort developer ever

Ty73

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/2/2020 at 8:24 AM, FreelancerKnux said:

In this day and age we are lucky EA hasn't bought the rights to ark making it so you can only use tranq darts  if you find them in loot crates.

WC certainly aren't perfect but they most certainly also aren't the worst devs. 

Just wanna put it out there to that all devs are only held accountable by shareholders, which means money coming in is the major driver.

money is not a problem for WC, and i will explain why

this game is very expensive, each of the DLCs is $30-$40 each, that means the price range is  $120-$160 per person if they buy all the DLCs (like most ark players have), the game itself is around $60-$80. so the price range for the game at full price and including all the purchasable content is $180-$240, $50-$80 if no DLCs are purchased that is a lot of money for one game. again that is per person. now since ark supposedly has a large player base. that means that WC would have no money problems at all. if they also used that money wisely then they again they would not have any money problems. its not the money that hurts WC, its the competence to do their job. as developers of ark it is their job to effectively improve and polish ark. 

8 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

money is not a problem for WC, and i will explain why

this game is very expensive, each of the DLCs is $30-$40 each, that means the price range is  $120-$160 per person if they buy all the DLCs (like most ark players have), the game itself is around $60-$80. so the price range for the game at full price and including all the purchasable content is $180-$240, $50-$80 if no DLCs are purchased that is a lot of money for one game. again that is per person. now since ark supposedly has a large player base. that means that WC would have no money problems at all. if they also used that money wisely then they again they would not have any money problems. its not the money that hurts WC, its the competence to do their job. as developers of ark it is their job to effectively improve and polish ark. 

Aside from the obvious wages and all that kind of stuff there’s also the cost to run all these servers for each system if ya wanna try to claim money isn’t an issue and say your gonna explain why you should include both sides not just potential gains servers aren’t cheap and they run thousands of them 

On 3/4/2020 at 2:58 AM, Crymric said:

I do support the devs. I love this game. I invite my friends to play. (And than they die by raptors and glitches and just leave the game)

But I do not support the lack of communication, the months old serious bugs and server problems. 

We are the consumers of the product what they made and we can criticize it. And if our critic is right (I dont know), they should react in some way.

i also support the devs, ark is a A grade idea of a game. hell i and a few friends are making game in inspiration of ark. but WC cant seem to learn to get it right, that saying

"you learn form you mistakes"  does not seem to apply to WC as they have made the same mistake so many times. i am also on the boat with lack of communication, if WC communicated more then people might not be as salty and toxic. what infuriates me is we as consumers and critics play this game the most. therefore WC should be taking our word into consideration. meaning if we ask for bugs and glitches to be removed and the game to be polished over adding game content. then they should listen. an idea i pushed forward a while ago was to have a vote. WC posts a poll. we choose between the game being polished and improved, or they keep adding new content and continue the way they do with bugs, which is rarely fix any and cause more as they go.

On 3/4/2020 at 3:43 AM, madjimrogers said:

This game is one of a kind and they have done some awesome things.  Wildcard should open up a micro transaction store for skins so they can have a stream of revenue to fix the glitches in the game.   no loot boxes..

this is just a terrible idea, one reason why i like ark is it does not use micro transactions for things like useless skins. forget that idea as it wont end well. we will then have people complain about that on top of other things.

7 minutes ago, Markdh31788 said:

Aside from the obvious wages and all that kind of stuff there’s also the cost to run all these servers for each system if ya wanna try to claim money isn’t an issue and say your gonna explain why you should include both sides not just potential gains servers aren’t cheap and they run thousands of them 

true, but like i said the game and its purchasable content would very likely cover all that. not to mention stuff like merch. like i said money is not WC's problem, their incompetence and lack of intelligence is their problem. as their lack of being capable to learn form their mistakes is what brings them down aswell.

45 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

No, not quite that expnsive. The season's passes can be bought for less than that, and they include a number of DLC maps each. So you're paying more like $10-15 per paid dlc.Then there's the free dlc's as well.

i know about the free DLCs, but they are not paid because they did not make those maps. also they dont contribute to the profit made by the game. also if i remember correctly you can only get the season pass when new DLCs are coming out. (@DeHammer plz correct me if i am wrong). the usual price for the game is that much. i know there are sales and all but i was using the base prices.

41 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

i know about the free DLCs, but they are not paid because they did not make those maps. also they dont contribute to the profit made by the game. also if i remember correctly you can only get the season pass when new DLCs are coming out. (@DeHammer plz correct me if i am wrong). the usual price for the game is that much. i know there are sales and all but i was using the base prices.

The first Season Pass was purchased for me as a gift, but it was bought late in the first season, after Aberration & Extinction were released. So I'm guessing the current Season's Pass will also be available for some time yet. It works out to $10-15 per paid map. Although the free maps were created by the gaming community, WC still had to blend them into their official offerings, and modified the content somewhat, working them into their official framework, removing some creatures and adding new creatures. All of that still requires work. I have the game and all available paid content, and it's 'cost' was in the neighborhood of $160 Cdn, or $120 USD. Those weren't sale prices either. 

Even without going the Seasons Pass route, there are frequent sales on the game & content on Steam, to the extent that there's really no excuse for paying full price. 

Then when you consider that a player might easily spend thousands of hrs per year playing, that's pretty damn good value. After 15 months or so of playing, the game's cost for me (or my brother who bought me the game & first Seasons Pass) is around 4 cents per hr. That's damn cheap. 

20 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

The first Season Pass was purchased for me as a gift, but it was bought late in the first season, after Aberration & Extinction were released. So I'm guessing the current Season's Pass will also be available for some time yet. It works out to $10-15 per paid map. Although the free maps were created by the gaming community, WC still had to blend them into their official offerings, and modified the content somewhat, working them into their official framework, removing some creatures and adding new creatures. All of that still requires work. I have the game and all available paid content, and it's 'cost' was in the neighborhood of $160 Cdn, or $120 USD. Those weren't sale prices either. 

Even without going the Seasons Pass route, there are frequent sales on the game & content on Steam, to the extent that there's really no excuse for paying full price. 

Then when you consider that a player might easily spend thousands of hrs per year playing, that's pretty damn good value. After 15 months or so of playing, the game's cost for me is around 4 cents per hr. That's damn cheap. 

i dont mind paying alot of money for a polished and decent game. what i dont like is companies releasing paid content and it being low grade, yet costing nothing near what its actually work. i could use day of dragons as an example, you have to buy dragons that are place holders, not even the devs own creation. they are terrible. hell for each of the prices of the ark DLCs i could buy games that i would play on for loner than the DLCs themselves. that's not to say the DLCs should have as much content as a game. 

Archived