WC is the wort developer ever

Ty73

WC is the wort developer ever

I am a day one beta player who’s never complained in a forum before, and like everyone have lost more than I can calculate to this game (Dino’s, gear, structures, etc. and most importantly TIME) due to unintentional glitches and failures and a million other issues in gameplay. This may be the best game idea ever,  however WIldcard has a proven track record of completely ruining the experience with poor management, support and in general everything they do. I can’t believe they are so far deep in dlc’s while the game and players continue to suffer from many (old and new) issues with the game. No other gaming developer would’ve survived even a fraction of the time that they have. I’m almost as disgusted with myself for continuing to play. I only wish they could be treated the same way by a company they depend on. In most businesses there is a check and balance of accountability to keep them inline. However Wildcard is held accountable to no one but the players and stock holders for their actions. And as long as they’re making money who cares about the players? The reason they don’t care is simple there is no other game like it. I’ve been angry at games before but never to this extreme! I personally believe Wildcard should be drove out of business and another developer take over, or perhaps somebody build a game that can compete with it and destroy the monopoly they now enjoy. The worse part is they know how bad they’re treating us and simply do not care (evidenced by their feeble half-measures and drastic changes that alienates and hurts the players even worse) IGN or some other gaming news source should expose them for the awful developers they are!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly. Though not perfect, ARK was their first development project and years later is more popular than ever. They deserve the credit for that. Your playing their game isn't charity on your part. You playing their game so long despite frustrations only proves they've created something great. Considering the expansiveness of the game and the huge feat involved in developing and supporting it, they are doomed to fall short. 

Can't help noticing that you've also never contributed positively to this forum in the past. One single post in all these years of playing this awesome game and all you can do is whine and cry? 

And you sir are the epitome of the toxic people in the game..the same people who rip someone in chat for complaining or simply being ignorant to certain info in a game as expansive as Ark. I’m not a tech guy but I’m sure in this day and age if enough attention was given by the right people it would much better,  it’s like somebody building and selling a high-end exotic car just to fail you repeatedly and consistently on the road. As far as me “only making a single post” well I’m busy enough..I don’t usually waste my time debating the game, I’d rather just play when I can. And to your point of “they deserve credit “ if you recall I did just that. I knew I’d get at least one reply like yours but I had to say what I felt anyway. God bless you and have a great day.

1 minute ago, Ty73 said:

And you sir are the epitome of the toxic people in the game..the same people who rip someone in chat for complaining or simply being ignorant to certain info in a game as expansive as Ark. I’m not a tech guy but I’m sure in this day and age if enough attention was given by the right people it would much better,  it’s like somebody building and selling a high-end exotic car just to fail you repeatedly and consistently on the road. As far as me “only making a single post” well I’m busy enough..I don’t usually waste my time debating the game, I’d rather just play when I can. And to your point of “they deserve credit “ if you recall I did just that. I knew I’d get at least one reply like yours but I had to say what I felt anyway. God bless you and have a great day.

In this day and age we are lucky EA hasn't bought the rights to ark making it so you can only use tranq darts  if you find them in loot crates.

WC certainly aren't perfect but they most certainly also aren't the worst devs. 

Just wanna put it out there to that all devs are only held accountable by shareholders, which means money coming in is the major driver.

6 hours ago, Ty73 said:

...it’s like somebody building and selling a high-end exotic car just to fail you repeatedly and consistently on the road. As far as me “only making a single post” well I’m busy enough..I don’t usually waste my time debating the game, I’d rather just play when I can. And to your point of “they deserve credit “ if you recall I did just that. I knew I’d get at least one reply like yours but I had to say what I felt anyway. God bless you and have a great day.

No, its not like that at all. No one is forcing you to play ARK. Regardless of what you paid for the game, I can safely assume that you've gotten your money's worth. 

Most people have busy lives these days, including many of the people here. That's no excuse.

You are free to rant within the forum rules, but we all have a voice, and I'm using mine to express my disagreement with your opinion. Or are you the only one who's allowed to voice their opinion without being considered toxic? 

All I've read was:

"I'm fed-up and tired of this nonsense! Why not fix it?"

"Shut up and quit whining, because its not perfect but its fine, and you shouldn't complain about it since you're playing it which means its amazing."

These statements already have the solution outlined within them: A fanbase percentage with virtual stockholm syndrome and another portion that's invested too much time, money and effort to call it quits. As a result, the main driving factor - money - is what keeps the generator chugging.

To exact any change, a strangulation of revenue would literally halt the advance of half-cocked, hasty countermeasures and give way to a more finished solution as a second thought would be taken to look into the past in order to maintain the present and future.

...But that won't happen yet now, will it..? Too much commitment. Too much stubbornness. Keep shoveling coal into the fire and the train will literally 'never' cease its direction.

1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

I love how you call others toxic, yet you wish that Wild Card was ran out of business and exposed for "terrible acts."

I see what he means though..all of these companies are getting more shady by the month. Ever since EA and the Battlefront debate all of these tripleA companies are definitely getting greedier. They’re not even trying to hide it anymore at this point.

Look at Fallout76. They straight up lied to everyone’s face. Claiming they couldn’t increase storage space for items due to technical limitations. Guess what they did a few months later? Unlimited storage space as long as you PAY A SUBSCRIPTION. Complete goons. 

Red Dead Online is also doing this. Cash is useless, more and more things are only gold bars AKA premium currency. GTA just has extreme inflation. $100 for not even 20 million GTA$ when i could earn that in 5 hours.

Hell, even THIS company is acting like them. “Season pass covers all expansions” Oh, really? Pretty sure i’m not supposed to have a $40 paywall..

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

I see what he means though..all of these companies are getting more shady by the month. Ever since EA and the Battlefront debate all of these tripleA companies are definitely getting greedier. They’re not even trying to hide it anymore at this point.

Look at Fallout76. They straight up lied to everyone’s face. Claiming they couldn’t increase storage space for items due to technical limitations. Guess what they did a few months later? Unlimited storage space as long as you PAY A SUBSCRIPTION. Complete goons. 

Red Dead Online is also doing this. Cash is useless, more and more things are only gold bars AKA premium currency. GTA just has extreme inflation. $100 for not even 20 million GTA$ when i could earn that in 5 hours.

Hell, even THIS company is acting like them. “Season pass covers all expansions” Oh, really? Pretty sure i’m not supposed to have a $40 paywall..

Stop buying their products and these companies disappear. 

Ready go. I’m holding my breath. 

11 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

In this day and age we are lucky EA hasn't bought the rights to ark making it so you can only use tranq darts  if you find them in loot crates.

They don't need EA for that. Genesis brought in-game currency, shop and lootboxes already.

Unless you can see the future, you can't be sure they won't start selling hex for real money and change loottables to "encourage" you to spend money.

15 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Somehow I doubt SaulGoodman is the root of all evil and if he stops buying their products it would be of any significance to those companies.

41 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Ready go. I’m holding my breath. 

Well everyone will always continue this. Us “whiners” are the minority while the majority are the edgy prepubescent children with mommy’s credit card on saved info who buy $100s worth of stuff. And mommy wonders why her credit rating is trash.

Also please don’t be condescending. With a name like JoeBlow, might give off the wrong impression 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, SaulGoodman said:

The fact you " " the highlighted bit would indicate that you are quoting WC for those exact words.

WC have never said that. They made it clear from the start that the original Season pass covers 3 future DLC's.

32 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

And this post just proves that you're the edgy prepubescent child. No grown up person would say such a thing.

And who gives a flying raptor about anyone's nickname online.

Is it a bit messed up that my friend literally said something just like that a while back, and he was an old fart... Then there's that fact that we also know kids who still do that exact thing today..?  The credit rating doesn't actually go down from that, though. Y'know, so long as you keep that interest at a minimal.  That's where it bites you. Financial responsibility's no joke, Tom. 

All-in-all its a condescending remark, but one rooted in truth nonetheless. Funny too.

10 hours ago, Masurao said:

"Shut up and quit whining, because its not perfect but its fine, and you shouldn't complain about it since you're playing it which means its amazing."

Except I didn't say that. I said ALL he has done in this forum after years of playing is one single post that 'whines'. There's nothing wrong with people coming here and complaining about the game. I've done it myself. A positive contribution to the forum and the game would be him reporting his issues in the bug reports section and discussing the issues he's having. 

Damn, people are calling me an edgy 1 year old because i explained how MOST online extra-game transactions work..If you don’t believe that most of these huge companies are being funded by the little 10 year old squeakers i don’t know what to tell you. I also don’t understand why a grown up wouldn’t say..what exactly are you even talking about? lol 

Ark is also one of them because i always seem to encounter crying little boys “plEezE dOnt RAid Me”. Heck, it’s really the parents fault for exposing their children to these games

6 hours ago, GP said:

The fact you " " the highlighted bit would indicate that you are quoting WC for those exact words.

WC have never said that. They made it clear from the start that the original Season pass covers 3 future DLC's.

Jesus this forum is nitpicking me to death, ganging up on me and all ? I wasn’t making an EXACT quote taken from them, it’s just “season pass”, in 90% of games that means all future expansions. Sorry if i didn’t do my research Mr. Lawyerpants

Um..Ark is the best game ever and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it, no matter how game breaking? (That should blend me in with these cultists. I’m so smart)

19 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

WC certainly aren't perfect but they most certainly also aren't the worst devs. 

Just wanna put it out there to that all devs are only held accountable by shareholders, which means money coming in is the major driver.

That will be 150$ to fix your ascendent Sling shot! 

10 hours ago, LEDminer said:

And who gives a flying raptor about anyone's nickname online.

People do care and notice, even subconsciously, but not in the way the young edgelords think. A clever name garners respect, a childish 'edgy' name makes you mistrust the person from the start and assume they are a child, or an adult who refuses to grow up, and likely to tantrum at the first opportunity, not someone you want to ally or trade with. Just fact of life.

Archived