raptor pounce removed?

ChrisGamingYT

raptor pounce removed?

WC fix raptor pounce please or at least give a setting to restore it

raptors were one of the rare threats I had to deal with when I was flying around with a ptera to pick up stuff, without the pounce 90% of the challenge is gone and I no longer have to care about the surroundings when I land

I get why it bugs pvp players, but for pve players a minimum level of threat is essential, or it's no longer a survival game at this rate

I am a PVE player and I hated that it was broken, they just had to get near you to pounce you off, not even actually doing the pounce. I also hate how that was always their go to move, so you never had a chance to react before they could get you down, also I hated that I have been pulled off things like spinos and wyverns. 

5 hours ago, akira13126 said:

As a pve player I hate the raptor pounce

Me as well. I loathe it. I do not enjoy challenges, do not like threats, and I lived in a corner of maps without hostiles.

I dont play Ark for the dangers. I play it for the building, breeding, eye candy, hoarding, friends and other non-aggravating stuff

If there was an official server with zero hostiles, zero threats, and no risk to losing things I wanted to keep, I would be a very happy player.

8 hours ago, akira13126 said:

As a pve player I hate the raptor pounce, but don't see a reason to remove it. Granted it's annoying, but you punch it a few times and it gets off you. Unlike the kapro that you have to kill to get away. 

Last time I got pounced I could not punch or do anything else for that matter, just wait for it to be done.

I'm glad its gone(if it even truly is) because it was a broken, sorry mechanic that allowed them to Micheal Jordan dunk you off of nearly any tame around the height of a therizeno, or even if hovering above them. Or even pouncing your gigantic-by-comparison Griffin onto the ground. 

Since when could you strike back while pinned? The only thing I could do was lay there while the raptor whispered how it'd all be over soon in my ear while my armor was just being melted by the other 8 that happened to fly around the corner to jump in.

The kicker? Your raptor could be pounced, but you couldn't do the same to a wild one.

Twas an annoyance higher than even the Itchyornis itself. May such an ability fade into obscurity with no light in sight.

The raptor pounce should be reworked in a way that they can't pounce you off of larger dinos. I've seen raptors pounce a carnotaurus. Pinned it to the ground.

As well as obviously being pounced off of a rock drake. It's a cool feature that introduces a new threat, getting pounced and then surrounded by every other carnivorous creature, locked in place trying to return to your mount. But it just seems unreasonable to be pounced off of a larger creature. 

3 hours ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

being pounced off of a rock drake

Yeah, It would be nice if I could whistle while I am pinned. My rock drake was on Neutral, and spins around teh raptor, unable to bite it on it's own.
This was on official, many months ago:
zVcbCJ9.jpg

My drake was on neutral, but never landed a hit.
I had a lot of gear and fortitude on,
so I survived to hop back on and nom nom nom

On 3/3/2020 at 1:25 AM, Masurao said:

I'm glad its gone(if it even truly is) because it was a broken, sorry mechanic that allowed them to Micheal Jordan dunk you off of nearly any tame around the height of a therizeno, or even if hovering above them. Or even pouncing your gigantic-by-comparison Griffin onto the ground. 

Since when could you strike back while pinned? The only thing I could do was lay there while the raptor whispered how it'd all be over soon in my ear while my armor was just being melted by the other 8 that happened to fly around the corner to jump in.

The kicker? Your raptor could be pounced, but you couldn't do the same to a wild one.

Twas an annoyance higher than even the Itchyornis itself. May such an ability fade into obscurity with no light in sight.

+1

Archived