Ark Survival Evolved: The Movie

dankec

I really like the story behind Ark. But I think most players don´t know or understand it as a whole. If you don´t want to read through and interpret all of the explorer notes yourself, then your only option is trusting the few Youtube videos available, like I did. The trailers and especially cut scenes of every single DLC, if they have one (speaking of you Scorched), are always exiting and fun to watch and with Genesis you took this to a whole new level.

So can you please make a full movie or even multiple ones covering the story of Ark in the style of these cut scenes? Maybe after Genesis part 2 comes out? At least storywise this could easily compete with Jurassic Park, Star Wars and Marvel in my opinion.

• 7 months later...
On 3/1/2020 at 12:00 PM, dankec said:

I really like the story behind Ark. But I think most players don´t know or understand it as a whole. If you don´t want to read through and interpret all of the explorer notes yourself, then your only option is trusting the few Youtube videos available, like I did. The trailers and especially cut scenes of every single DLC, if they have one (speaking of you Scorched), are always exiting and fun to watch and with Genesis you took this to a whole new level.

So can you please make a full movie or even multiple ones covering the story of Ark in the style of these cut scenes? Maybe after Genesis part 2 comes out? At least storywise this could easily compete with Jurassic Park, Star Wars and Marvel in my opinion.

they tried, but the movie is bugged

I don't know: I think the last thing we need is another action movie with a nonsensical plot and bad CGI.  I don't think you would get a tier-1 production company behind the Ark franchise: maybe something low-rent like the Sci-Fi channel, with which you would just end up with another forgettable 90 minutes.  But if something is in the works I hope I am wrong about this, but lets be realistic about it: even the big studios with all the money and talent in the world can't even get Star Wars right.

On 3/1/2020 at 5:00 PM, dankec said:

I think there is hardly any story to Ark so any movie would be a flop

I think the Ark mythology has more depth than many gamers acknowledge, because I would imagine that most don't read all of the explorer notes if any at all. 

But on the other side, I don't think the content of those notes make for a movie. 

The general concept is a bit nonsensical unless you are going for the kind of movie that touts itself as fantasy/sci-fi, but leaves out all of the sci-parts and just leaves it to mystery.  You will have to find a really good writer to take all the details and characters from the Ark notes and flesh out a reasonable narrative.  Otherwise you will just end up with another piece of throwaway pop-culture trash where characters are placed in a bunch of CGI scenes and things happen to them, as opposed to telling a decent story that happens to have dinosaurs.   

Archived