Teleporting is broken

Demigod

Teleporting is broken

When teleporting between biomes in Genesis, it is possibly the riskiest thing you can do. You are plopped into a predetermined portion of the map, which could have very dangerous creatures that kill you upon spawning. This is magnified by the fact that transporting from one biome to another introduces a very large lag, which opens up a window for creatures to kill you while you haven't even fully spawned in yet. 

The problem gets even worse in PVP. Since there are only 8 places for someone to spawn in, people will wait at the spawn locations for teleporting people. The bright beam of light that shines when teleporting is extremely obvious and impossible to hide, not to mention that a bright illuminated bubble, complimented by a sound cue, is present when a player has teleported. This makes you a very obvious target. I had over 1k bloodpacks on me and teleported to the bog biome to tame a bloodstalker. Before I could even move or react or do anything, I was knocked out and all my blood and grapples were taking from me. Mind you I had not even fully spawned in and the first thing I see is the blurry screen of my unconscious character and someone rummaging through my items, taking everything. Even if I had teleported in on a giga or some other monstrous mount, this could not have been prevented, as teleporting kicks you off of your tame. 

Finally, teleporting takes you to the wrong locations constantly. I clicked on the bog biome to collect an inventory bag, and i was first teleported to the volcano, then lunar, then arctic, then the ocean, then the volcano again, then the arctic again, and finally to the bog. I was fortunate to even make it to my inventory bag.

Please fix teleporting. It can be convenient at times but it is more nerve racking and scary than helpful. I'm always scared that i'm going to die the instant I spawn in. I beg of you, please do something about this. 

Place a bed down in needed zone preferably naked

Transfer out of server, during loading screen exit game before it can load

Start game, select server you were on,

Spawn at needed bed

Not sure if you can do it with inventory or not, we use to black weight and move metal like this when our quetz died on the island

Unacceptable! Fix Teleporting Immediately!

I JUST...JUST tamed a 145 female bloodstalker. This whole process took 3 hours! On official! Teleported back to the snow and was killed by a therizinosaur before I even loaded in!. Needless to say it murdered my brand new tame! I didn't shoot a single freaking web! I demand compensation for this! There should be a spawn protection on teleport!. Hostile Dinos should be programmed to wander away from spawn points! I am unbelievably upset right now! 

Yeah for me it is a nest of basilisks at Volcano N.  I play on a private server so I brought Rock Drakes and Reapers.  Last night a tribe mate called for help.  He died a dozen times teleporting into Volcano N and was in danger of losing a drake.  I teleported in with 3 reapers.  They immediately killed 4 basilisks.  I thought I was clear so tried typing that the area was clear.  That’s when a 5th basilisk killed me.  Then I died 2 more times trying to teleport in.  We finally requested a “destroywilddinos”.

that shouldn’t have been necessary  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Like WC cares about what we think?

On PvE, teleporting zones in the ocean are cluttered with tames, causing players to actually be stuck when teleporting into certain areas and forcing the player to try a different area.

Not to mention the blue screening that happens regularly when teleporting to Artic NE, so they simply moved the spawn somewhere else and it STILL happens.

• 4 weeks later...

Also loads of the things wrong with teleporting is that some of you dinos dont teleport with you i have lost so many bloodstalkers and rexes and even a giga because of that this game is so full of buggs and instead of adding that feroxes cant be bola'd you should focus on the main issues like these bugs it takes alot of motivation away 

4 hours ago, Tician said:

Inofficial server: Whenever I teleport into other biomes I take my pack of 5 Dimorphodons with me, set to Neutral, they usually kill whatever might attack me or my dino. They can easily take down a wild level 150 TEK Rex and are a great distraction.

That would be a great plan if the teleportation had a shred of consistency.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the random porting thing is a big issue especially if you have a dino that is with you when you died and it is not porting you to correct spawn location = lost dino.  One of my tribe mates found a lost dino in bog, and after 2 days found the one that was lost in volcano.  It is also not taking your dinos with you all the time ( leaving them behind) or sending them  to other biome locations. Tribe mate found a lost raptor in ocean but swears did not go there during the time the dino was lost.  With people losing dinos  this way jsut port back to the location you were before ( or keep trying). Like I said lost dinos have been found days  later even though they should not be lost at all. 

• 2 months later...

Was looking for a way to cancel teleport once it's casted but found this, and since I ever got my one day old bear killed by Yutyrannus because of this, then yea, this sucks. At least our cause of death in the game has to be a legitimate cause, because we're unprepared or something else but not this or disconnectosaurus, that sucks. It's like beating an opponent using a lowblow.

Teleport should be put in a safe zone, or at least give us buff like 10-30seconds stealth so wild dino won't bite at instant, to player and teleported dinoes.

• 2 months later...

Bought this yesterday...

I wish i would have read that before buying it.

This is not a difficulty or anything related to being good or bad. This is unacceptable. Imagine buying a car that stop when you turn right. What is wrong with companies theses days ? But worst, what is wrong with players supporting them and giving them money so they can continue to spit in their face ?

Gamers should have the balls to sue gaming companies when bugs break their games and they don't care.

there are safe areas to reach with teleportation. Something bad has never happened to me with transport, if I have lost tell us, I just return to the place or if it is a complicated biome like the Lunar Biome or Ocean Biome, I put a tracker, outside of that. Sometimes the Biomes load me slow, so I wait for it to render before moving, maybe it's my PC or my graphics settings.

Archived