MrHalloween

Where do the tek giga spawn?

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2020 at 10:13 PM, Lykai said:

thats rly strange ... i had to add them by hand to get them to spawn trough the ini and even then it was messed up 

I don't know what to say mate. I simply got demolished upon teleportation... along with my rex. It was worth it tho as she's currently being tamed.

Edited by Darkholis

oh haha don't worry its just crazy what an abysmall spawnrate that thing must have after so many wipes congrats dude ya won the game with that thing, i mean there are plenty of replacement rexes :D

3 hours ago, Darkholis said:

20200305234658_1.thumb.jpg.56ff6524df1872eb97aa7bb923e0c372.jpg

You should cryopod that thing quickly.
If my unofficial is anything to go off, tamed tek gigas will despawn on server restarts.
Ones in cryopods bug out too, but at least my Juvi I was raising might be salvageable if they ever fix this bug.

16 hours ago, caleb68 said:

well if the eggs are handled by a routine that checks the dino type and are just skinned variants of the egg, it does make sense actually for them to drop a tek egg rather then a standard, its just a simple skin swap.  

But, if you ever play with the ark devkit, you'll find there are many things in there that aren't even in the game or even used for the game,  i.e. a complete wood building set (that looks better then the default).  Often they'll leave some stuff in the coding that wasn't intended to be used at that time, and possibly never.  some of the bits that haven't been used have been removed but many of them remain, even from the very first release of ark.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.reddit.com/r/ARK/comments/f9ow71/so_breedable_tek_gigas_are_a_thing/&ved=2ahUKEwjgzNGiooboAhWhlYsKHWB6ANkQFjAAegQIMRAB&usg=AOvVaw1QfS1M99kcvSYD9K7J7-H5

Here is the egg, for reference. 

It's late here but I've got an idea for a test. Maybe someone would want to do it before I'm at my PC again.

While it's true that the current version v306.84 still has no spawners and no Tek Gigas in my savegame data through numerous force respawns I am not rejecting the idea they might have 5% (or other this time) chance to spawn instead of a regular Gigant.

Why not just replace a NPC to Giga (coel lol)? Like Raptors - > Gigas and look at the spawned classes in the world?

I wanna test it when I have an opportunity.

So, what's the status on these? Still haven't seen one and the wiki lists it as a 'mission encounter' only, meaning that you would only see them in missions and that they're actually not tameable, yet some people here actually have one.  The wiki doesn't have anything on where it's supposed to spawn, yet for all other creatures in Genesis it does. Would be good to get some official word on whether these are supposed to be in-game to tame, or that they're just a mission spawn and everybody who somehow tamed them so far has gotten really lucky.

Posted (edited)

About the wiki: Giganoto's article wasn't intended to display a box for Tek variant's spawn map on Genesis1. This has been now corrected to reflect the spawning data.

No map assets nor spawning group containers contain a reference to the dino. It's only the mission assets that reference it.

In case there are more people who find wild Tek Gigas (not spawned by a command) please send a screenshot with the minimap open. Please make it clear whether the server is unofficial, official or if you're playing single'.

Edited by alex4401

Tek Giganotosaurus do not spawn on genesis, darkholis’ server must have spawn files edited. Even on the spawn list, the tek Giganotosaurus is not there at all, only a brute spawn from a mission is present.

Posted (edited)

1) Server configuration on nitrado is the default one, except for custom rates on taming/breeding.
2) Opened up the Ark DevKit v304.1 (the most recent one) and looked for spawn entries. Nothing is available yet for Genesis.
3) As for the wiki, I take the content of the website with a big grain of salt. Plenty of errors and old/outdated information.
4) Even by providing evidences such as screenshots/server config files, there will always be somebody to say it's an hoax.

I'm happy I found one and tamed it, no matter what you guys think.
Not going to debate this topic anymore, but I'll remain available for questions.

Edited by Darkholis

The DevKit hasn't been updated yet, but we've used the game data directly for Genesis, and it's been quite baffling hearing reports about Tek Gigas when they're not listed in any of the spawning containers. And it's still baffling to hear that someone has found a wild Tek Giga allegedly without configs.