Where do the tek giga spawn?

MrHalloween

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, caleb68 said:

well if the eggs are handled by a routine that checks the dino type and are just skinned variants of the egg, it does make sense actually for them to drop a tek egg rather then a standard, its just a simple skin swap.  

But, if you ever play with the ark devkit, you'll find there are many things in there that aren't even in the game or even used for the game,  i.e. a complete wood building set (that looks better then the default).  Often they'll leave some stuff in the coding that wasn't intended to be used at that time, and possibly never.  some of the bits that haven't been used have been removed but many of them remain, even from the very first release of ark.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.reddit.com/r/ARK/comments/f9ow71/so_breedable_tek_gigas_are_a_thing/&ved=2ahUKEwjgzNGiooboAhWhlYsKHWB6ANkQFjAAegQIMRAB&usg=AOvVaw1QfS1M99kcvSYD9K7J7-H5

Here is the egg, for reference. 

It's late here but I've got an idea for a test. Maybe someone would want to do it before I'm at my PC again.

While it's true that the current version v306.84 still has no spawners and no Tek Gigas in my savegame data through numerous force respawns I am not rejecting the idea they might have 5% (or other this time) chance to spawn instead of a regular Gigant.

Why not just replace a NPC to Giga (coel lol)? Like Raptors - > Gigas and look at the spawned classes in the world?

I wanna test it when I have an opportunity.

1) Server configuration on nitrado is the default one, except for custom rates on taming/breeding.
2) Opened up the Ark DevKit v304.1 (the most recent one) and looked for spawn entries. Nothing is available yet for Genesis.
3) As for the wiki, I take the content of the website with a big grain of salt. Plenty of errors and old/outdated information.
4) Even by providing evidences such as screenshots/server config files, there will always be somebody to say it's an hoax.

I'm happy I found one and tamed it, no matter what you guys think.
Not going to debate this topic anymore, but I'll remain available for questions.

I find the relentlessness of some posters here disgusting. My servers are all hosted on Nitrado and settings can be found here :

Never EVER edited any of the spawners and yet I found and succesfully tamed a tek giga with actual in-game screenshots to prove it. I can cryo/uncryo it no problems and can transfer it back and forth accross all my servers with 0 issues whatsoever. It correctly lay eggs which can be used as regular giga eggs.

A WC employee told you they don't spawn. Who? Huge grain of salt here as WC consistently proved over the last 5 years they are not only poor programmers, but also miserable at testing their own content before releasing. I wouldn't be surprised if certain conditions on a server could trigger a wild tek giga spawning in the world.

Archived