Random 3x Maturation, taming, etc?

Masurao

11 minutes ago, Erinn said:

Its a reward for new player record. Enjoy while it lasts.

Where did u find this out? I can't find any word on it. Also, there was a big nerf to bloodthingies on Genesis and the only way I found out was global chat.

I follow arkdevtracker and the patch notes, and kinda reddit and here but none of them mention any of this. I'm not complaining, both are welcome changes... just where is everyone hearing about these things? 

17 minutes ago, Luizza said:

Where did u find this out? I can't find any word on it. Also, there was a big nerf to bloodthingies on Genesis and the only way I found out was global chat.

I follow arkdevtracker and the patch notes, and kinda reddit and here but none of them mention any of this. I'm not complaining, both are welcome changes... just where is everyone hearing about these things? 

We just happened to be online when we saw the notice. I wouldn't toss out anything too tedious, considering that imprinting might be destroyed. 

12 minutes ago, GP said:

It was tweeted a short while ago. Also about a special community announcement! ?

I'm sure it was brought up quite a few times already, but maybe that "special community announcement" is a good opportunity to poke the devs again about it.

Why info about ark is scattered all over around the web? Shouldn't official forum be the way to get ALL relevant info? Same goes for feedback, I've heard devs replying on twitter, but to hear back from them here requires major disaster.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, deedoubleu said:

Why info about ark is scattered all over around the web? Shouldn't official forum be the way to get ALL relevant info? Same goes for feedback, I've heard devs replying on twitter, but to hear back from them here requires major disaster.

I think usually it's a case of which platform gets a message to the widest audience in one go. Granted the messages should be put on other relevant platforms too, but Twitter I believe gets the message instantly to a vast number of people than any other platform does.

23 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

they also increased consumption by x3 to...you know...keep us in check.

goog luck raising gigas

Maybe it only affects babies or platform specific, but on PC my 3 adol tusos seem to eat as they always did.

There is another catch though - hatching was unaffected by event for around an hour maybe, I checked it several times by picking and throwing again. Now I found that timers was stealthily updated.

So go check your eggs.

Actually, since this event rolled out I'd just gotten a video of one of our birds randomly flying off into the sky off into the distance for no reason and then my horse just came waltzing out of a closed behemoth gate and taking an unfollowed stroll out by himself. I say unfollowed as he was following no one...nor was he on wandering mode. He was just...taking a stroll! My tribemate was livid with the rest of the happenings, but I found that hilarious.  Its actually become a bit of a minigame of sorts just trying to guess what other off-the-wall thing is about to happen next.

...I'm probably going to be solo again pretty soon, though. Like the others, my tribemates of the past had already gotten too fed-up and left.

@Masurao similar thing is happening to me. I landed with my griff to loot a beacon and when I turned around, he was wandering away in the opposite direction on his own like he had enough. He does that every now and then since the update.

@HiImZech I noticed the consumption is bugged for baby gachas. Its like they are eating from troughs with the same speed as they would with food in their inventory. Not sure if other babies have the same issue.

@deedoubleu you had to relog. I tossed out my eggs that had 30s left before event. They still displayed 30s, but hatched after 10s with 20s still "visualy" remaining on them. Turned the game off, logged back in and it was ok. Same with gestation timers.

On 3/1/2020 at 1:43 AM, Masurao said:

Was this planned, or did they just swoos a micro-event in the middle of the night whilst a lot of people would be K.O.'d?

On 3/1/2020 at 2:19 AM, Masurao said:

We just happened to be online when we saw the notice. I wouldn't toss out anything too tedious, considering that imprinting might be destroyed. 

I don't get it @Masurao you saw the message so you shoulda known it was "swoos in the middle of the night". It was a reward to the people who were currently playing for playing, so not so much a swoos..

Archived