Beaver Dams & X Otters

Beaver Dams & X Otters

Singleplayer and Multiplayer do not have Beaver Dam/Castroide spawns, and the same with X Otters. I've seen countless posts online about people seeing these spawns at the ice lake, i've searched for hours and havent seen anything. As per the wiki, these creatures are supposed to be very common in that exact area.

As they are not listed in the Genesis wiki I doubt they are there. They may not have used a mod, but you can force them to respawn via a .ini change to replace one species with another. 

I have been to the frozen lakes 20 times on my server, and have run multiple dino wipes to see if they spawn and they do not. So unless its a bug specifically for one type of platform or something, I do not know.

As per reddit:

Multiple spawners broken in non-dedicated

• Gen1_Lunar_CaveWater_DinoSpawnEntries_Cave_C

• Gen1_Bog_Water_DinoSpawnEntries_C

• Gen1_Arctic_FrozenWater_DinoSpawnEntries_C

• Gen1_Arctic_LakeArea_DinoSpawnEntries_C

• Gen1_Arctic_LakeArea_OttersOnly_DinoSpawnEntries_C (worked on first load then never again)

• Gen1_Bog_Forest_DinoSpawnEntries_C

• Gen1_Bog_Canopy_DinoSpawnEntries_C

As a result, the following creatures do not spawn ANYWHERE in Genesis on non-dedicated, but show up on dedicated servers: X-Sabertooth Salmon, X-Otter (sort of?), Karkinos, Castoroides, Lamprey, Leech, Piranha, Kapro, Sarco, Baryonyx, Kairuku, Meganeura

I do believe the listed creatures are there on official servers. Singleplayer and non dedicated servers have busted creature spawns.

Although this isn't necessarily a game breaking bug, not having access to beaver dams is quite annoying and disappointing

Reddit article of currently confirmed/known bugs:

I don't know why but on single player I have both, they seem very rare and after I tamed the two otters that spawned no more have shower up. With the beaver dams one spawned outside of my house near the frozen lake when I logged back on. I didn't spawn them in abd I didn't use any mods so idk why they aren't spawning for everyone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beavers confirmed at frozen lake near ice fishing mission

this is on official PVE

I also have pictures of beaver dams taken by a tribe mate

unfortunately I cannot get the file size shrink enough to post on here

By the way the reason for the file name is the only way I could get the size shrunk on my phone was to post it to Facebook and then save the image from Facebook

weird work about but it worked

FB_IMG_1584867310036~3.jpg

It seems has though console has a problem with lake creatures not spawning (otters, beavers, salmon, piranhas, etc.) also caves are completely empty but I found a solution to that on singleplayer where you just exit to the main menu in the cave and come back and everything spawns there immediately but this doesn't work for the lakes.

on PC I was at the frozen lake yesterday and I saw a otter running about, first one i'd seen, didn't stop to check its level as there were several theri close by and I was on foot. But, I have seen at least one at the frozen lake.  I have yet to see a single beaver though another friendly tribe said in public chat he found some beaver dams for the first time yesterday.

So, using the S+ dino tracking, I have found that certain "missing" dinos do in fact spawn, but often spawn INSIDE MOUNTAINS, where you will never be able to see or tame them.  This is actually a huge problem on all maps, but most people never notice, unless it's a flying dino and its wings are sticking out or something.

I found that four penguins were up, but only one was gettable.  Near the lake, on the mountain overlooking it.  Beaver spawn intermittently  If you kill everything on the lake and near it or do dino wipes, I get a pair of beaver every 5th attempt or so.  Sometimes they'll make a dam after a few hours, sometimes not.  Often the dam has very little in it.

It's hit or miss, single player and unofficial.  I think on official firstly they do regular dino wipes because of certain spawn bugs they've never fixed.  And, the density of players is such that dinos are killed regularly, cycling the spawns more often.

Otters appear at the lake very rarely, but, heading toward the big mountain, follow the water up, up, up, and theres a pond and stream full of salmon, and always a half dozen or so otters there.  And a yuti, usually.  Beware.

• 5 months later...