*SPOILERS*Bloodstalker needs a buff!*SPOILERS*

Allanballan

*SPOILERS*Bloodstalker needs a buff!*SPOILERS*

Hello fellow survivors,

So the bloodstalker.

First of please make the taming multiplier work even on Bloodstalker for unofficial servers.

Or make an alternate way for us to extract our blood.

So after standing 3 hours draining myself of blood I then realize how squishy the Bloodstalker really is. Its base HP is really not impressive, neither is its melee or weight.

Its so squishy rhat if being attacked by a dino you lose a LOT of your HP. Only way to counter is to flee. The Bloodstalker is named as one of the simulations APEX predators in the lore from the game. Well I dont know about that. Its very good at exploring but not a fighter, its squishy thanks to not having a saddle and also can carry almost no weight so not so good on carry stuff either. ?

And 1 other thing, as an APEX it really should have some dinos that does not attack it, for example kaprosuchus.

And for real please do turn off so that other wild bloodstalkers do not drag the player out of the saddle. It is very hard to find and get to your bloodstalker back after this. Also if it falls down on an aggressive dino it will most likely die from it if the player dont find it fast.

A saddle for it or increasing its base HP would do the trick for its squishyness. Would love a saddle as I like to pint them aswell.?

I really do not wanna waste 3 hours on draining blood just to see my squishy APEX predator die from a pathetic low level dino. The effort gotta be worth it!

Other than this I may say that I am very impressed by the whole Bog area and the Bloodstalker as a tame an its taming method.

I have yet to explore the rest?

Please look into this.

//Allanballan

I would like for it to have a saddle as well.  When I saw "Bloodstalker needs a buff" I almost laughed out loud since, well.. it's a pretty awesome tame.  However, I do agree, despite it's great mobility it falls short in anything related to combat.  If it's not bullying smaller creatures, it had best hide in the tree's.

While discussing problems with the Bloodstalker tho .. can we have some way to cancel or skip the "vampire" animation .. my god the squawks get SO annoying especially if you happen to grab a high level squawker... 

Agree I love the tameand its mobility but it needs tweaking in some areas as I wrote in my opinion. Also I was just dragged again out of my Bloodstalker by a wild one while I was hanging in a tree. There was no warning whatsoever that it was going to happen and I broke free and parachute down to safety. As I was dragged out of my Bloodstalker yesterday aswell I had made an Transponder node and attached it to her, I also carry the remote whenever Im out on it now. 

However I then pushed my transponder remote and saw where it was, it was still hanging from the tree where I was dragged from. It was on follow since before but did not follow me. It was just hanging there.

So how am I now supposed to get to my Bloodstalker? I only have 1 and yeah I dont know what to say really. It needs change. Situation in the pic. I was 241 meters away from me at this time.

20200301194516_1.jpg

Ok so now I have tamed me anothe one of these Bloodsuckers so I did put anothe transponder node at that one aswell just to be able to track that one also.

This was yesterday. Logged in today and the 2cond transponder node that I put on that one had despawned. So now I cant track more than 1 dino at a time. :/ :/ 

50 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Got my first one earlier today and after some joyriding around the ocean biome I have to say I completely disagree. With the unbelievable mobility and utility of this bad mofo, I think giving it combat prowess would push it over the top into OP land like the mana. Its great how it is now.

Well Im not saying I dont like it. I just do not want to get ripped out of my Bloodstalker by wild ones and after that not be able to reach my tame. Also it is a bit squishy for being an APEX predator dont you think?

1 hour ago, Allanballan said:

Well Im not saying I dont like it. I just do not want to get ripped out of my Bloodstalker by wild ones and after that not be able to reach my tame. Also it is a bit squishy for being an APEX predator dont you think?

I dont really care what the lore says, I care how it is balanced in the game in relation to everything else.

It seems to be more of a ptera type of animal. Fast agile scout mount so I dont really think a big health pool fits it's role.

However I dont have all that much experience with it so maybe it is unreasonably weak. Mine is only a level 20 as I was just dying to get one and didnt have many blood packs saved up, so I cant really form an educated opinion about its health yet as I have a very crappy one.

3 hours ago, BigFatBoy said:

Well, I thought that it's OP right now... :D Getting one changes your life on Genesis by 180 degrees. It's fragile, yes, but you just run away from dangers (unless it's Kapro :P).

Bloodstalkers you do not run away from, thats for sure. Comment again when you got dragged out of the Bloodstalker and cant reach it.

humans are apex predators, but we can still be killed by other things, think about it, apex doesn't mean invincible... Megadons are apex predators, as are rexes, as are most of the powerful predators on all of the ark biomes, but they can still be overpowered and killed by something, or many of somethings. also, if you get pulled off of your stalker in a tree and it's just hanging there, you can call it to you, mine let go and dropped to the ground... it's happened a dozen or so times now.

Im pumping up this topic with hope that devs will fix it.

A moment ago i have tamed BStalker, after make wa few steps otrher one grabbed me... i had some blood in inventory left and tamed second too... then... automagicaly! another one grab, sucked me, killed me.. and now my inventory is flying midair.

Its annoying... in this situation you just can go into the woods!

in my case i would rahter see a kind of "armor" added to the bloodstalker not quite a saddle, something small that add just a small amoutn of armor so its less squishy ...

also make it that when something dmg it the thread doesnt instantly breaks ... veru annoying when you try to escape but thread wont just pull you out...

I can understand no saddle. That may push it way too far over the OP line -- especially after some breeding.

But being ripped off one by other spiders is ridiculous. Kapros are jerks but whatever, that's the kapros job and they have to touch you. The real issue with spiders is the never ending attempt to retrieve your tame dangling from a tree, then another you took to try and rescue... then another... as you are infinitely pulled back and forth across a whole map square by 6 wild spiders who can web you from 3894563984 miles away.

After breaking free from at least three different ones several times I had one that was pulling me sideways across the map and it was immune to breaking free.

A tamed spider should have some kind of claim on its "prey", or sticky back.. anything that makes them alone immune to the pull of a wild spider.

5 hours ago, Aurii said:

I can understand no saddle. That may push it way too far over the OP line -- especially after some breeding.

But being ripped off one by other spiders is ridiculous. Kapros are jerks but whatever, that's the kapros job and they have to touch you. The real issue with spiders is the never ending attempt to retrieve your tame dangling from a tree, then another you took to try and rescue... then another... as you are infinitely pulled back and forth across a whole map square by 6 wild spiders who can web you from 3894563984 miles away.

After breaking free from at least three different ones several times I had one that was pulling me sideways across the map and it was immune to breaking free.

A tamed spider should have some kind of claim on its "prey", or sticky back.. anything that makes them alone immune to the pull of a wild spider.

Yeah I've yet to go on a honey run yet because I've heard stories like yours 

So after my 100+ hrs I have so far on Genesis, primarily using a bloodstalker as a travel mount I can say this (from a PvE perspective)
The "getting grabbed off your own bloodstalker by another is bs", to that I do agree but there are ways to counter this, such as having your bloodstalker on follow and be stacked on parachutes for when you break free from the one that grabbed you.
I tamed 2 high lvl bloodstalkers and bred them, my own personal mount now sits at 10k health and 450% damage, i can say even with the high melee dmg% these things are crap fighters.

But here's the thing. These things can: Get you around the map super fast, pretty much permanently stay in the air provided that you have the stamina for it, swim extremely fast and walk on water, and they can even lock down smaller dinos (up to the size of a daeodon).
These are ment to be fragile, theyre thin as a stick, hypermobile spiders.

i kinda disagree as they are great at what they do aka travel and bullying smaller creatures but i agree that they shouldnt be attack by smaller things like kapro unless attack first and you shouldnt be able to be grabbed off of them by stalkers and other grabbers as they are litteraly HOLDING ON TO YOU. this would make them WAY better in my opinon and it shouldve been like that in the first place

On 3/4/2020 at 12:42 AM, Trqfreak350 said:

humans are apex predators, but we can still be killed by other things, think about it, apex doesn't mean invincible... Megadons are apex predators, as are rexes, as are most of the powerful predators on all of the ark biomes, but they can still be overpowered and killed by something, or many of somethings. also, if you get pulled off of your stalker in a tree and it's just hanging there, you can call it to you, mine let go and dropped to the ground... it's happened a dozen or so times now.

apex mean it has no natural enemies and usually means it a strong and powerful hunter.

They need to stop anything pulling you off your blood stalker. It’s BS. As others have said parts of the bog are off limits whether you’re on a BS or foot. You just get grabbed by multiple of them until you die to them or fall damage because your 100 parachutes have been used.
Doesn’t make sense. 
when there are 10 on one branch you can’t get close enough to kill the low levels without being grabbed by all of them one after another. Even if you get lucky and grabbed by the one you want as soon as you’ve tamed it you’re grabbed by the others and have the impossible joy of trying to get your tamed one out. Stupid. 
Rant over. Devs please fix. 

I agree that Bloodstalkers shouldn't be able to pull you off of tamed bloodstalkers. Hell, it's not even a massive logical leap sense you're under the umbrella that is the bloodstalker's body most of the time.

Other than that though, I have to disagree about them being combat mounts.

They're already one of the fastest dinos in the game, only beaten out by the Managarmer and maybe the rollrat, and the nature of their movement means that they can be hard to hit if you can't predict what they're going to do.

Additionally, while they are squishy, They make up for this in there ability to rapidly re-gain health by sucking the life out of grappleable targets. a bulkier target such as a doed, anky, or daeodon can easily bring you up to full HP from near death, even at mid level ranges. so Even if they do a bit beat up during a fight, they can quickly get back on their feet.

And finally, in regards too the "Apex predator" stance. I think there are two ways to look at it.

First of all, they are definitly at the top of the food chain in their home turf. While They're not particularly Hearty or powerful, they can web most of the bog's other preditors, meaning that Barys, Kapros, Sarcos, and daeodons are all at the mercy of the stalker. The only predator that they don't hold domain over are Spinos, but the chance of them encountering each other is extreamly slim.

Alternativly, you could interpret the term "Apex predator" literally. The word "Apex" is defined as being a high point, and low and behold, you won't find much of anything higher than the bloodstalkers. Thus making it a literal Apex predator.

5 hours ago, BradJJ said:

They need to stop anything pulling you off your blood stalker. It’s BS. As others have said parts of the bog are off limits whether you’re on a BS or foot. You just get grabbed by multiple of them until you die to them or fall damage because your 100 parachutes have been used.
Doesn’t make sense. 
when there are 10 on one branch you can’t get close enough to kill the low levels without being grabbed by all of them one after another. Even if you get lucky and grabbed by the one you want as soon as you’ve tamed it you’re grabbed by the others and have the impossible joy of trying to get your tamed one out. Stupid. 
Rant over. Devs please fix. 

its funny, blood stalkers are much like thylas in the sense that  they dismount you and attack you, yet i never heard people ranting about that. infact people liked the idea as it made redwoods more dangerous. so whats the difference here?

4 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

its funny, blood stalkers are much like thylas in the sense that  they dismount you and attack you, yet i never heard people ranting about that. infact people liked the idea as it made redwoods more dangerous. so whats the difference here?

I don’t mind thylas so much. Whilst it’s a pain when one snatches you when you’ve let your guard down you can still avoid and be on a lookout. Even when they’ve started they’re attack you can dodge if you’re lucky to react quick enough. 

With the blood stalkers I feel they can reach you from such a distance it’s almost impossible to mitigate for. Also there can be 5-10 on one branch and more in the surrounding area. When they can pull you from so far away it’s a bit of a nightmare. Just a balancing issue I think. I’m sure some minor changes will make it a much funnier experience whilst still being a challenge.

Archived