EXTREMELY low FPS in most biomes on genesis

XanderClause

EXTREMELY low FPS in most biomes on genesis

I keep trying to play genesis but i cant because in every biome except the bog i get 15 fps and ive tried changing settings using different inis and everything but NOTHING helps and i cant get more than 15 fps. its unplayable and ive seen people with worse pcs than mine get more frames at higher settings in those biomes. has anyone found a fix or anything for this? ive tried fixes that work on ab but no luck just an unplayable map.

10 hours ago, caleb68 said:

did you guys turn off light bloom and light shafts?  they'll cause major fps drops, especially on genesis. seems genesis can have the same issue as Extinctions light bug as well (stacking light effects) which causes even more.

yes EVERYTHING is off and on lowest it can possibly be

I have an i7-8700, 16GB of RAM, a GTX 1660 Ti and Ark installed on an SSD. Geforce Experience puts my settings high to where I barely get 30-40fps, so I changed to the "high" preset. However, I put both shadow quality settings on "low," due previous crashing. With this, I easily see 50-60fps (I have a 60hz monitor and am using Vsync). However, I just teleported to the lurnar biome and since then my FPS is around 30 or less.

*Update* After restarting the game, everything was fine again. I was even able to go back to the lunar biome. So, I guess it was just that initial load that hurt my FPS.

The bog biome is the least laggy for me, and then lunar is not too laggy either. The snow and volcano lag for me only if I'm walking on the floor, but the FPS is more stable when on a mount. The ocean biome is BY FAR the worst for me. My fps above water is like 60-100, then the second I stick my head under it drops to 25-30fps. The inconsistencies in framerate in this DLC is insane. It has no obvious pattern.

Some people lag in some biomes where other people don't, and some have no framerate issues at all, even with worse rigs than me.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived