Genesis needs to be fix. A total waste of money

Fenix33

Genesis needs to be fix. A total waste of money

Definitely I felt excited about a new expansion for Ark and after playing solo in 3 previous maps i was excited to finally try and find a tribe in pve and explore this awesome new beautiful looking map.

To my disappointment this has been the worst experience in Ark ever! Yes i know what you all going to say "Ark aint easy in the beginning" "Wildcard still tuning the map and servers" "git gud" but just hear me out.

I can see the concept of developers trying a new idea of changing the way the map it's desing in different areas and teleporting from one to another but this doesn't really work for the following reason.

You TP to an area and out of sudden there's a pack of Raptors, Carno, Kap, Magma, Wolfs in the TP spawn area and next thing you know you and your tames are dead!!

Wanna live in the "Easy area" Bog well prepare yourself to fight the swarm 50 minutes out of 60, the agression and range level its absolutely stupid, wanna tame something as basics as a Para? well pray to all the Ark gods the swarm doesn't kill it before it gets tame! This annoying bunch of insects will even kill you inside of your base so no way to protect yourself but to spend all your time killing it over and over and OVER again, logging off? Well whe you come back online guess who killed you?? The freaking swarm!! you cant even farm any type of resources because next thing you know 10 packs of this stupid bugs are all targering you, this is a very bad design in every single way is as in the developers said "Let's annoy the living hell out of this people" (evil laughs all around the idea table) and while the Bog is all beautiful in appearance that doesn't make up for how bad the area it's designed.

No flying for you nerds! If you played Ark before you know getting up in the air changes your ability to Farm, Tame and travel you could say the TP its a solution for that but we all know is not! being able to travel from one area to another gives you the sky perspective if landing in a spot is safe or not but TP doesn't gives you that courtesy in any way as I mentioned before. Will flying mounts be enabled at any point? We dont really know and most definitely its not a bug otherwise it would be fix already and if this is some sort of stupid idea from the developers like "They have to learn new ways of travel its empowering!" A big fat F to you all for that.

The other areas of the map could be mentioned but it would go about the same as Bog if not worse but i can tell you this Wildcard, in the mix of all your stupid ideas about this new map you all forgot to create a grey area for all new players and even experience players who play solo, all the new creatures are beautiful looking but how you expect me to tame them if a cant even farm the narcotics or the resources necessary to get the tames done?? Explain to me how you expect players to deal with hard new challenges if we spend most of our time fighting for resources in the ocean bio since it's the only manageable area to survive and not counting if we make it back to our bases after the TP, this its a very bad design overall leave all the hype about the cute little Ferafox (if you still have yours since now they just disappear in limbo i seen it happen trust me) and think with logic about this we all pay our money for a product and this product it's really bad designed easily 80% if not more and me saying that wont change anything i know but do have for sure i wont even cash out a dime in your franchise ever again and i think a lot of people will agree on this one, find whoever approved all this illogical ideas and changes and tell them a huge part of the community wish he/she experiences the worst case of explosive diarrhea ever seen in history.

In the end i know you wont fix the DLC the way we need it I'm smart enough to understand your stupidity Wildcard this map was not finish the right way and you all keep delaying it for that reason and at the last moment and with no options you decided making it the way its because someone didn't know how to create and do their job the right way, you guys just shoot yourself in the foot because now a lot of us wont trust you in the future with new DLCs dont go down the drain as other franchises did I'm even inclined to compare you quite much to Blizzard who royally screwed themselves with Fallout 76 you guys know what gamers like this isn't news to you all.

Also i dare any developers to reply to my post i would love to shred you into bits, because after playing over 60+ hours I would be delighted to share my concerns with you and have someone from the excellent team of Devs who thinks this is a well designed and balance map.

God damn extinction being so piss easy really has turned ark players into a bunch of whiny babies.

Ive been playing since before the big "flyer nerf", and this is by FAR my favorite dlc.  No flyers is amazing you can actually have PVP that isnt just 900+ melee managarmrs zipping around or nakeds flying around on pts trying to pick non stop.

I play solo on official and I got a base with turrets up on a pillar day one.  You jst sound bad at the game if you cant adapt tbh.

Love the new ma WC, ignore the whiny bads that expect everything handed to them. 

37 minutes ago, Fenix33 said:

I can see the concept of developers trying a new idea of changing the way the map it's desing in different areas and teleporting from one to another but this doesn't really work for the following reason.

You TP to an area and out of sudden there's a pack of Raptors, Carno, Kap, Magma, Wolfs in the TP spawn area and next thing you know you and your tames are dead!!

I agree that teleporting into hostiles can be frustrating. A simple fix would be to give players and their tames a 10-15 seconds immunity to give you at least some room to breath and react.

Wanna live in the "Easy area" Bog well prepare yourself to fight the swarm 50 minutes out of 60, the agression and range level its absolutely stupid, wanna tame something as basics as a Para? well pray to all the Ark gods the swarm doesn't kill it before it gets tame! This annoying bunch of insects will even kill you inside of your base so no way to protect yourself but to spend all your time killing it over and over and OVER again, logging off? Well whe you come back online guess who killed you?? The freaking swarm!! you cant even farm any type of resources because next thing you know 10 packs of this stupid bugs are all targering you, this is a very bad design in every single way is as in the developers said "Let's annoy the living hell out of this people" (evil laughs all around the idea table) and while the Bog is all beautiful in appearance that doesn't make up for how bad the area it's designed.

We'll all agree that the Bog is far from being the easiest spawn point and yes insect swarms needs tweaking. The whole area and its design is based around the Bloodstalker, so stating that the whole place is poorly designed because of swarms isn't appropriate here. Yes some actual RL swamps are very dangerous such as the Everglades, so nothing unexpected in terms of challenge here.

No flying for you nerds! If you played Ark before you know getting up in the air changes your ability to Farm, Tame and travel you could say the TP its a solution for that but we all know is not! being able to travel from one area to another gives you the sky perspective if landing in a spot is safe or not but TP doesn't gives you that courtesy in any way as I mentioned before. Will flying mounts be enabled at any point? We dont really know and most definitely its not a bug otherwise it would be fix already and if this is some sort of stupid idea from the developers like "They have to learn new ways of travel its empowering!" A big fat F to you all for that.

This point was also confirmed by WC on Twitter a few days ago and it is indeed an intended mechanic.

I agree with your gamechanging points about flying. I have to mention that flying also gives you the ability to ignore just about every single land threats the game has to offer. Flyers in Genesis would also make Ferox and Bloodstalker utterly useless...

Let's also address the fact that the entire map is desgined with no-fly in mind. You can access just about any part with what is available around you (items/tames, environnement). Have you noticed how small the biomes actually are? Having flyers enabled would simply put even more emphasis on the size of each biomes.

The other areas of the map could be mentioned but it would go about the same as Bog if not worse but i can tell you this Wildcard, in the mix of all your stupid ideas about this new map you all forgot to create a grey area for all new players and even experience players who play solo, all the new creatures are beautiful looking but how you expect me to tame them if a cant even farm the narcotics or the resources necessary to get the tames done?? Explain to me how you expect players to deal with hard new challenges if we spend most of our time fighting for resources in the ocean bio since it's the only manageable area to survive and not counting if we make it back to our bases after the TP, this its a very bad design overall leave all the hype about the cute little Ferafox (if you still have yours since now they just disappear in limbo i seen it happen trust me) and think with logic about this we all pay our money for a product and this product it's really bad designed easily 80% if not more and me saying that wont change anything i know but do have for sure i wont even cash out a dime in your franchise ever again and i think a lot of people will agree on this one, find whoever approved all this illogical ideas and changes and tell them a huge part of the community wish he/she experiences the worst case of explosive diarrhea ever seen in history.

I respect your opinion if you think that other areas are as harsh if not harder than the Bog, but I'll politely disagree. Yes the ressources are not as easy to acquire and plentifull as seen on Ragnarok but that also forces players to adapt and overcome that new challenge.

As for being able to start and survive in all biomes, it can be done from level 1 in each one of them. Please read my review of the DLC here before jumping to conclusions :

I still stand by my point that most of the grudge comes from players that are being taken out of their comfort zone. Yes some biomes like the lunar one requires seasonned players but that's the goal of a survival game after all, isn't it?

In the end i know you wont fix the DLC the way we need it I'm smart enough to understand your stupidity Wildcard this map was not finish the right way and you all keep delaying it for that reason and at the last moment and with no options you decided making it the way its because someone didn't know how to create and do their job the right way, you guys just shoot yourself in the foot because now a lot of us wont trust you in the future with new DLCs dont go down the drain as other franchises did I'm even inclined to compare you quite much to Blizzard who royally screwed themselves with Fallout 76 you guys know what gamers like this isn't news to you all.

You are making assumptions because you are frustrated, which can be understood. Maps like Ragnarok are a steaming pile of it in my opinion because they spoiled the playerbase with over abundance of easy ressources and high level tames.

-------------------------------
** Side note **

I'm not a WC employee or fan, but as a full time programmer myself, I'm just about sick of all the crybabies who have just about 0 understanding of how complex programming can be. Reporting bugs and expecting them to be fixed is just the typical magic thinking I see a lot on these forums.

Developpement teams needs a way to consistently repeat a problem in order to fix it. Simply browsing through the code and logs will most of the time result in wasted time, incorrect theories and improper solutions.

Besides, bitching without offering solutions serves no purposes. At the end of the day, fixing and making the game better is a collective task from both the players and the devs. Period.

39 minutes ago, dempig said:

God damn extinction being so piss easy really has turned ark players into a bunch of whiny babies.

Ive been playing since before the big "flyer nerf", and this is by FAR my favorite dlc.  No flyers is amazing you can actually have PVP that isnt just 900+ melee managarmrs zipping around or nakeds flying around on pts trying to pick non stop.

I play solo on official and I got a base with turrets up on a pillar day one.  You jst sound bad at the game if you cant adapt tbh.

Love the new ma WC, ignore the whiny bads that expect everything handed to them. 

I dont see in what conscious mind would fit to say "no flyers are amazing!" And also calling me or other posting the same or similar issues with the new dlc "cry babies" i dont think your head really understands the concept of whining, as in me being bad at the game plz i solo 3 maps alone boss fights included and did all my tames with no help, pointing out the huge amount of issues with this dlc doesn't make me bad but being realistic seems to bring the fanboy sauce out of you lmao 

@DarkholisI just want to address your point in you being a programmer and us not understanding the issues. 

It's true we don't understand the issue but we are customers. I worked for a big car companie when I was younger and if people bought our new luxury cars, rolled out and had any kind of issue with it, they would come back and give us hell for it. This should be very understandable, you PAY for a product and you expect it to not be faulty, the same thing goes for games, software and hardware. If a consumer spends money on a product and it has faults, bugs or any other issue, it's the consumers RIGHT to get a refund, get it repaired or expect that everything in the might of the producer is done to repair and fix the issue.

Some people online have a very weird mindset of ''oh, if you don't like it, just fix it yourself'' ''Oh, I wanna see you make a better game'', NO, just NO this is not our job, we are consumers. You probably can't make a movie but you still can bitch about a movie you spend money on and didn't enjoy, you can still be annoyed that your ordered food isn't what you ordered, it's all the same. As a consumer, I want a good product, I want what I ordered and you as a programmer are there to ensure that the product is not faulty and get's to the consumer without any issue. If there is any issue, I as a consumer expect you the programmer to do everything in your might to fix the faulty product I spend my money on. 

I understand that it can be troublesome to deal with people and some really expect too much but selling people half finished or not tested products like the gaming industries has done over years is not right, we are not their testers, we are consumers that pay for a product and we expect it to be in the very best state possible.

Also a big issue: While Wildcard has been pushing out patches, there is no communication, every Dev tweets from their personal twitter, no one has a clue what is going on unless you follow all their ''influencer'' Dev's. They respond to issue over twitter instead of using Steam or this Forum.

14 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@DarkholisI just want to address your point in you being a programmer and us not understanding the issues. 

It's true we don't understand the issue but we are customers. I worked for a big car companie when I was younger and if people bought our new luxury cars, rolled out and had any kind of issue with it, they would come back and give us hell for it. This should be very understandable, you PAY for a product and you expect it to not be faulty, the same thing goes for games, software and hardware. If a consumer spends money on a product and it has faults, bugs or any other issue, it's the consumers RIGHT to get a refund, get it repaired or expect that everything in the might of the producer is done to repair and fix the issue.

Some people online have a very weird mindset of ''oh, if you don't like it, just fix it yourself'' ''Oh, I wanna see you make a better game'', NO, just NO this is not our job, we are consumers. You probably can't make a movie but you still can bitch about a movie if you don't like it but spend money for a ticket, you can still be annoyed that your ordered food isn't what you ordered or expected, it's all the same. As a consumer, I want a good product and you as a programmer are there to ensure that the product is not faulty and get's to the consumer without any issue. If there is any issue, I as a consumer expect you the programmer to do everything in your might to fix the faulty product I spend my money on. 

I understand that it can be troublesome to deal with people and some really expect too much but selling people half finished or not tested products like the gaming industries has done over years is not right, we are not their testers, we are consumers that pay for a product and we expect it to be in the very best state possible. 

100% agree with what you said, not debating any of it. My point was that customers expect everything to be fixed simply because they reported the issue. My point was it's not that easy for any IT related stuff. :)

16 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

100% agree with what you said, not debating any of it. My point was that customers expect everything to be fixed simply because they reported the issue. My point was it's not that easy for any IT related stuff. :)

I for one don't expect things to be fixed the instant they are reported.  I do expect a little bit of communication.  They should have people who's job it is to keep people informed on what is going on, but it seems like whoever that is is more interested in publishing commercials for the dlc rather than answering a few questions.  If you look at their twitter or this site you will see a lot of people asking a handful of questions, someone should be answering those questions.  They have no excuse for blowing everyone off.

@Darkholisit should have never been in this state in the first place. ARK shouldn't be how it is after all those years, people would beta test for free on beta test servers but somehow ARK doesn't have this like many other ongoing online games. Games like League of Legends, World of Warcraft and many others who are probably older than some players have big free Beta test servers and people would sign up for that in ARK as well. The issue could then be slowly fixed with the beta-testers feedback instead of rolling out DLC's and patches that just frustrate everyone and use us rightfully unwilling customers as beta testers.

2 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

I for one don't expect things to be fixed the instant they are reported.  I do expect a little bit of communication.  They should have people who's job it is to keep people informed on what is going on, but it seems like whoever that is is more interested in publishing commercials for the dlc rather than answering a few questions.  If you look at their twitter or this site you will see a lot of people asking a handful of questions, someone should be answering those questions.  They have no excuse for blowing everyone off.

They will respond to you if you tweet the specific DEV from Wildcard. They will even talk to you about issues...that's why I said that it seems like a bunch of influencers are working at Wildcard. Instead of responding to issues over steam or this Forum, they only respond over twitter and not even the official Wildcard or Snail Games twitter, it's everyones personal Twitter...

I play alone PvE official. Character from 1lvl. And after 3 days im 60+lvl, definitely not at surval stage. Im evolving now.

I think game is very easy.
You just need boost your thinking, get some knowledge, use economy, tactics and sometimes cool blood.

Insect swarm? Good source of hide. Only one bad thing of swarm is that my frog dont make cp from eating it.

bog was broken at the start cant disagree with that but have to say im really enjoying the no fly map, i look up at a snowy mountain now and im like... dayum, i look out over a  massive ocean  and think... dayum, i go to the volcano and im like... nah "activates teleport",  the map has actually serious obstacles to overcome that i would otherwise spend 30 seconds flying over,  every time i need metal or some outer region material its some life and death quest which i enjoy

as for the teleporting i love that it gets you within reach of most places and you can take ur tames and inventory, BUT yes there is a risky lag, when teleporting i either scope the area with a nudie run first or go in with a tame escort on neutral

cant disagree that it is an exceptionally challenging map for solo players its hard enough in a tribe of 3 starting from scratch when were not hardcore players, i imagine when they open up dino transfers it'll be alot easier cos you can bring in that giga-rex 'gen9000' mk2 that youve been working on for years

really hope they dont enable flying tho.

21 hours ago, Fenix33 said:

I dont see in what conscious mind would fit to say "no flyers are amazing!" And also calling me or other posting the same or similar issues with the new dlc "cry babies" i dont think your head really understands the concept of whining, as in me being bad at the game plz i solo 3 maps alone boss fights included and did all my tames with no help, pointing out the huge amount of issues with this dlc doesn't make me bad but being realistic seems to bring the fanboy sauce out of you lmao 

This dude plays on PvE and thinks taming poop and fighting bosses is hard lol

You are just trash at the game mate. If you cant adjust just quit.

Archived