Three Slightly Bad Issues That Have Yet to be Fixed

NeddyTheNoodle

Hey there. Over the past six months, there have been three bugs that have yet to be fixed. I've submitted bug report tickets multiple times and gotten no response back. They are slightly frustrating to deal with, and I hope some of you may feel where I'm coming from. Here are the three big bugs and how to reproduce them in very simple steps.

Boss Dossier Bug:

Explanation: After many months of trying to figure out what causes the bug, I finally discovered through the help of other players around a month or two ago. This bug makes it to where if you are not an admin in your own server / world, you can NOT unlock boss dossiers. What I mean by this are the little tablet things you get from bosses. This bug has existed for over 6 months.

To Reproduce: Go into a boss arena WITHOUT admin cheats enabled, and kill any boss. You will not be rewarded with the explorer note. Keep in mind, in singleplayer, admin cheats are ALWAYS enabled so that's why you can unlock it there with ease.

HLN-A Explorer Note Bug:

Explanation: This bug reared its ugly head early on when they first added the HLN-A "Genesis Chronicles" notes, but was soon fixed. As it stands now, only the Genesis HLN-A explorer notes are bugged, and in the exact same way as the boss dossiers, with a caveat. In order to unlock these ones, you fix glitches in the simulation. Unfortunately, you will not receive the notes unless you have enablecheats on,  just like with the boss dossiers. On top of that, if you unlock them with admin cheats on one server, then go to another server where you can't cheat them in like say, an Official Server, if you then try to click on them to access them, it just breaks the entire explorer note user interface so you can't click on anything else until you go in and out of the inventory. This bug has existed ever since genesis came out.

To Reproduce: Go on any world / server where you do not have enablecheats on, and fix a glitch. You will not be rewarded with the explorer note that is tied to it, and it will still show locked.

Fence Supports Bug:

Explanation: Now lastly, this bug is the one most people will care about the most since there are more people concerned with building than there are concerned with seeing the lore of the game. Put simply, this one breaks fence support functionality so you cannot snap them together unless a foundation is placed in extremely close proximity. It substantially slows down the placement of them, and also would make anyone who isn't aware of the bug assume that the fence supports cant be placed down as intended. This one is likely higher priority, but equally as frustrating as the rest. It has existed for two months now.

To Reproduce: Place a fence foundation per se, and then try to snap another one to it. It won't snap and will say "Requires Nearby Foundation Support"

If anyone that has ANY contact with the people responsible for fixing bugs is reading this, PLEASE make these higher priority. It is extremely frustrating dealing with these and continuing to put up with them as some have existed for half a year or more.

Thank you.

On 2/29/2020 at 4:36 PM, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Those are legitimate PvP concerns, and mine are legitimate PvE concerns. No reason why both can't be prioritized.

I would say duping and character loss from server transfers are both pvp AND pve concerns. Aimbot is the only one that I mentioned that is strictly a pvp concern. 

12 hours ago, johnm81 said:

I would say duping and character loss from server transfers are both pvp AND pve concerns. Aimbot is the only one that I mentioned that is strictly a pvp concern. 

Maybe on official, but I've never experienced that in my entire time playing ark on unofficial. Not a single character lost, no aimbot since I dont run pvp servers, and no meshing since again, I don't run pvp servers.

2 hours ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Maybe on official, but I've never experienced that in my entire time playing ark on unofficial. Not a single character lost, no aimbot since I dont run pvp servers, and no meshing since again, I don't run pvp servers.

Well does it really matter if it doesn’t happen on your servers? What matters is on pve servers both happen and should have priority to be fixed imo 

My personal three (my opinion) of massive issue that hasnt been fixed is:
1) Manticore rarely lands, issue since Manticore was added.
2) Structure preview lies (shows the wrong position, snaps somewhere else when placed) Issue since 2015. Conan Exiles doesnt, ever, afaik.
3) Anti-mesh false positvies deleting tames. This can be fixed if they fix poor collision, which has been inaccurate and accidentally tames/players can be pushed under the ground by other objects since this game was created. I remember one of the reasons there were few spawns back in 2015 was because most of the wilds were swimming around under the map, until they added the feature that deletes them. Now it seems the part that deletes stuff is even more sensitive, giving no leniency for innocent, non-malicious people getting partially shoved under by other objects and hostiles, as well as some dash moves (Rock Drake, Mana) that come in contact with uneven ground.

As far as the OP's three issues... I never knew those existed, they're in parts of the game I dont go poking around at.

On 2/29/2020 at 10:15 PM, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Three Massive Issues That Have Yet to be Fixed

Hey there. Over the past six months, there have been three massive bugs that have yet to be fixed in all these six months. I've submitted bug report tickets multiple times and gotten no response back. They are frustrating to deal with, and I hope some of you may feel where I'm coming from. Here are the three big bugs and how to reproduce them in very simple steps.

Boss Dossier Bug:

[...]

HLN-A Explorer Note Bug:

[...]

Fence Supports Bug:

[...]

If anyone that has ANY contact with the people responsible for fixing bugs is reading this, PLEASE make these higher priority. It is extremely frustrating dealing with these and continuing to put up with them as some have existed for half a year or more.

Thank you.

To be honest, the only issues of these that I've ever experienced is the Boss Dossier bug and since I found a way around that it doesn't bother me that much. I have much more issues with rocks not being buildable but big enough that I cant put a pillar through it and thus can't continue building bridges over them; or the reload bug that still exists.

My point is what others have said already - although these bugs are undeniably big for you, it might not reflect a big enough portion of the player base to warrant making them much higher priority than some other things that actually affect more people.

PS:

On 2/29/2020 at 10:15 PM, NeddyTheNoodle said:

Explanation: After many months of trying to figure out what causes the bug, I finally figured it out through the help of other players around a month or two ago.

You figured it out, did you? ;)

Odd, our players get those boss dossiers on our servers and nobody has admin access but three of us, so it is more likely an issue on officials, such as configuration or BattlEye interfering. We also do not have the fence support issue on our servers. No issues with meshing players or aimbots either, and we are PvP. I did not know anybody had written an aimbot for Ark and I still do not understand meshing, but OK.

3 hours ago, Xenithar said:

Odd, our players get those boss dossiers on our servers and nobody has admin access but three of us, so it is more likely an issue on officials, such as configuration or BattlEye interfering. We also do not have the fence support issue on our servers. No issues with meshing players or aimbots either, and we are PvP. I did not know anybody had written an aimbot for Ark and I still do not understand meshing, but OK.

Could you please post a screenshot of both what your characters implant says when you mouse over it, and the boss dossiers being unlocked?

21 hours ago, Zahlea said:

To be honest, the only issues of these that I've ever experienced is the Boss Dossier bug and since I found a way around that it doesn't bother me that much. I have much more issues with rocks not being buildable but big enough that I cant put a pillar through it and thus can't continue building bridges over them; or the reload bug that still exists.

My point is what others have said already - although these bugs are undeniably big for you, it might not reflect a big enough portion of the player base to warrant making them much higher priority than some other things that actually affect more people.

PS:

You figured it out, did you? ;)

lets pretend that i dont sometimes type like joe biden speaks!

on a side note, these issues arent that big since ive kinda realized there are workarounds for all three of them. i wish i could delete this post but i cant figure out how. 

On 3/3/2020 at 3:36 PM, Rumackay said:

Fence foundation workaround:

Place you first FF
Place a pillar in the middle of the FF (should snap)
Snap next FF
You can do 2 FF off 1 pillar
Pick up pillar
Place a pillar in the middle of the last FF
Repeat

Make sure to pick up pillars before pick up timer runs out to save mats

Yeah, that workaround definitely exists, and as for the notes, you can look them all up online so its not that big of a deal. 

Archived