Kraegor

X-Plant Species and Swarms

X-Plant Species and Swarms

I figured I would try to keep swarms/dinos away by planting some X-Species Plants around the top of the base for some rudimentary defenses against the annoying swarms.

12 X-Species plants were destroyed in about .5 seconds by a level 15 swarm. 

Yay?

Insect swarms eat the spec-x (like you see them eating the grass/shrubbery in their path), you can grow them if you build them inside like a 1x1 thatch hut; but they don't target the swarms when fully grown anyway :(

1 hour ago, Todgins said:

Insect swarms eat the spec-x (like you see them eating the grass/shrubbery in their path), you can grow them if you build them inside like a 1x1 thatch hut; but they don't target the swarms when fully grown anyway :(

does anything target swarms ? haven't found anything. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

does anything target swarms ? haven't found anything. 

Not before they attack. Even agressive/turret dinos don't care.

Really wish they implemented some sort of citronella torch for low tiers, have to keep it stocked with bug repellent to work etc. and a tek tier alternative unlocked from controller/moeder.

(low key... roll rats attract the insect swarms and take no damage; like megachelon and parakeet swarms)

Edited by Todgins

2 minutes ago, Todgins said:

Not before they attack. Even agressive/turret dinos don't care.

Really wish they implemented some sort of citronella torch for low tiers, have to keep it stocked with bug repellent to work etc. and a tek tier alternative unlocked from controller/moeder.

now that would be nice to have,  i know walls will kill them.  they keep running into them till they die.  torches hurt them, but... would lit standing torches? or maybe at least keep them away.

are there rollrats on genesis?  I haven't seen any myself and i've been all over all the biomes, though, i have got a few saddles for them from doing missions.

1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

now that would be nice to have,  i know walls will kill them.  they keep running into them till they die.  torches hurt them, but... would lit standing torches? or maybe at least keep them away.

are there rollrats on genesis?  I haven't seen any myself and i've been all over all the biomes, though, i have got a few saddles for them from doing missions.

The spawn in some of the lunar caves. The NE cave has them, but ours is built in as it's unofficial :( luckily got a pair to breed before they stopped spawning.

1 minute ago, Todgins said:

The spawn in some of the lunar caves. The NE cave has them, but ours is built in as it's unofficial :( luckily got a pair to breed before they stopped spawning.

ah thats probably why then, a tribe has all the lunar caves blocked on our server, several people have submitted tickets but no response yet.