Jump to content

Kraegor

X-Plant Species and Swarms

Recommended Posts

X-Plant Species and Swarms

I figured I would try to keep swarms/dinos away by planting some X-Species Plants around the top of the base for some rudimentary defenses against the annoying swarms.

12 X-Species plants were destroyed in about .5 seconds by a level 15 swarm. 

Yay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Insect swarms eat the spec-x (like you see them eating the grass/shrubbery in their path), you can grow them if you build them inside like a 1x1 thatch hut; but they don't target the swarms when fully grown anyway :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Todgins said:

Insect swarms eat the spec-x (like you see them eating the grass/shrubbery in their path), you can grow them if you build them inside like a 1x1 thatch hut; but they don't target the swarms when fully grown anyway :(

does anything target swarms ? haven't found anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

does anything target swarms ? haven't found anything. 

Not before they attack. Even agressive/turret dinos don't care.

Really wish they implemented some sort of citronella torch for low tiers, have to keep it stocked with bug repellent to work etc. and a tek tier alternative unlocked from controller/moeder.

 

(low key... roll rats attract the insect swarms and take no damage; like megachelon and parakeet swarms)

Edited by Todgins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Todgins said:

Not before they attack. Even agressive/turret dinos don't care.

Really wish they implemented some sort of citronella torch for low tiers, have to keep it stocked with bug repellent to work etc. and a tek tier alternative unlocked from controller/moeder.

now that would be nice to have,  i know walls will kill them.  they keep running into them till they die.  torches hurt them, but... would lit standing torches? or maybe at least keep them away.

are there rollrats on genesis?  I haven't seen any myself and i've been all over all the biomes, though, i have got a few saddles for them from doing missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, caleb68 said:

now that would be nice to have,  i know walls will kill them.  they keep running into them till they die.  torches hurt them, but... would lit standing torches? or maybe at least keep them away.

are there rollrats on genesis?  I haven't seen any myself and i've been all over all the biomes, though, i have got a few saddles for them from doing missions.

The spawn in some of the lunar caves. The NE cave has them, but ours is built in as it's unofficial :( luckily got a pair to breed before they stopped spawning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Todgins said:

The spawn in some of the lunar caves. The NE cave has them, but ours is built in as it's unofficial :( luckily got a pair to breed before they stopped spawning.

ah thats probably why then, a tribe has all the lunar caves blocked on our server, several people have submitted tickets but no response yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...