war PVE War coming back?

Thilly

PVE War coming back?

I stopped playing because the concept of waking up everyday and all of your stuff being gone did not feel like playing a game at all (PVP). I have always thought that this game needed a more structured PVP system (newer similar styled games have introduced specific times that raids are allowed for example). 

I never knew that declaring war was a thing on PVE servers, where 2 tribes basically agree to be PVP flagged to one another. It also let you set up a time limit for the war. I found this to be a much more appealing PVP system. But then doing a big more reading, I found that the system was disabled several months ago.

Will this system be returning to PVE servers at any time, perhaps with modifications to prevent the issues that it was removed for?

If not, is there any chance of new PVP servers with slightly different rules, such as only being able to attack a player character and not player structures, unless war is declared (then structures become attackable).

I enjoy PVP in games, but personally in Ark this has always been a rare occurrence, and the only "PVP" that actually happens is when people are offline.

The problem with the PvP machanic on PvE is that allies are not asked from the game if they agree to the declaration of war. If one ally declares war, the other allies are in the war too, if they want or not.

This was abused to rip off clueless players. "Join our alliance, we like you". Victim klicks "yes" and a second later war declaration pops up and a Mek attacks.

Wildcard could change that but then no war declaration will be accepted anymore.

I understand the problems that caused it to be removed, I just don't understand why it wasn't changed instead of being removed. 

Just a few ideas for solutions off the top of my head:

-Remove alliances in PVE instead, though I don't think this is the right thing to do.

-You can't declare War if you're in an alliance. Tribes can't join an alliance while in a War. Still not what I'd prefer.

-All Tribes in both Alliances must accept the War declaration. Seems to be the most reasonable.

-Introduce new options when declaring War, such as selecting what can be attacked and what can't (Players, Tames, Structures). 

I'm sure we can come up with more ideas.

3 minutes ago, Thilly said:

Introduce new options when declaring War, such as selecting what can be attacked and what can't (Players, Tames, Structures). 

I do hate PvP, but understanding how PvP happens in Ark (my first ever character was on PvP 40)... That sounds like a lovely idea!
I may even be ok to play PvP if structures could be immune.... I did very much like making onion bases. It's just... far too easy to raid any level of structure with all the additions since I I played PvP in 2015.

If alliance tribes can have their tribe leader choose to opt-in or opt-out on any declared war, that option might fix the issues of alliance victims.

Archived