Taming turtles seems impossible

Peteed1

Taming turtles seems impossible

Turtle taming is a pain in the ass, microbe swarm despawns at 27% tamed on a level 90 turtle and taming progress goes backwards and no more swarms nearby.

How are you meant to drag 4 or more microbe swarms to a turtle when microbe swarms are rare to even see 2 near each other? and that would be 4 for a level 90 turtle not a 150 even...

My biggest issue is we bright the microbes and fended off sharks and randomly spawning coels and sabertooth salmon constantly for well into an hour, just to have the taming bar reset randomly despite no damage being done to anything and the microbes still being there. 

Honestly it's just really annoying. Cool taming idea, but like the blood stalker it's just a huge pain. 

6 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

Tamed 3 145s today. I built a trap for the turtles out of 7 behe gates with a door at each end. 

I trap the turtle and kite a single swarm to it. Ive had them despawn once taming but it didnt seem to matter.

Ill upload a screenshot of my trap or possibly a video of how I do it.

Please do because Dino gates floating in water makes no sense to me

23 hours ago, caleb68 said:

now if people would just unlock these traps when they aren't using them due to the restrictive build areas in the ocean.

Guilty. The reason I leave mine locked is I don't want tribes to use it and just leave low level turtles in it I cannot move.

Theres a lot of [][][] grifers on my server so I can see that coming from a mile away. I've already had people hiding in the coral waiting for me to trap a turtle so they can try to kite a swarm before I can. 

Wasted the last 3 or 4 hours trying to tame a turtle, i'm convinced it's impossible to solo. The swarm when it's on the turtle spawns sabertooth salmon and coal that eats the swarm unless you kill them so you need to stay right close to turtle and then you risk attacking turtle while killing the fish. But then while killing the fish it swims around and before getting to 40% it got attacked by a shark before I could stop it and then again at 20 and then again at 20 and then again at 20 lol. So I tried trapping them only to find out because it's in trap sharks aren't an issue but the fish kill the swarm before the thing is 3% tamed and the fish is inside the swarm/turtle since the turtle isn't moving so you can't kill it so you need you'd need like 40 or 50 swarms to tame it that way. 

2 hours ago, Peteed1 said:

Wasted the last 3 or 4 hours trying to tame a turtle, i'm convinced it's impossible to solo. The swarm when it's on the turtle spawns sabertooth salmon and coal that eats the swarm unless you kill them so you need to stay right close to turtle and then you risk attacking turtle while killing the fish. But then while killing the fish it swims around and before getting to 40% it got attacked by a shark before I could stop it and then again at 20 and then again at 20 and then again at 20 lol. So I tried trapping them only to find out because it's in trap sharks aren't an issue but the fish kill the swarm before the thing is 3% tamed and the fish is inside the swarm/turtle since the turtle isn't moving so you can't kill it so you need you'd need like 40 or 50 swarms to tame it that way. 

Its possible. The first one ever and the last one I tamed yesterday was done solo.

I haven't noticed fish trying to eat the swarm personally, all i do is follow it around(have tamed a few with no pen) and watch out for sharks, eels etc. Even when they take damage and reset I never have to kite another swarm as the bar just keeps going back up.

In my observation the swarm seems to almost despawn and turn into a visual effect around the turtle(i may be wrong). Ive had a turtle break loose and i could still see the swarm where it was stuck but nothing to target like the swarm was just a visual effect. And caught up with the turtle and it had no swarm around it but was still taming.

The biggest issue ive had is that sometimes they bug in my trap and go from full hp to dead in seconds. I did see a swarm that was glitched into the gates so maybe once a turtle has a swarm any additional swarms will hurt it. I expanded my trap and waited for the stuck swarm to despawn and tamed up another in the trap with no issues.

Ill try to see if my recording stuff is still installed and do a quick video if my methods as well as where my trap is located on the map.

Edit: Don't give up!

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

Will wilds agro on tamed turtle? Does it make sense to tame it if I only want to use it as a base or raft is still better solution?

Not a good base really, they are tough and I been using them to kill x sharks and other nasties near my platforms, but unlike the ocean platform wild poop agros on them, and when they are left to their own devices they suck at killing the wild stuff, they circle and circle and get bit in the ass. So I'm forced to leave my volume up and when ever I hear the danger music I run and jump on it to kill the wild thing manually. Although 2 is better than 1 because everything running in circles they tend to cover each others asses better lol.

Archived