unofficial Loot Customization Options

Pqundcake

Suggestion

Loot Customization Options

Extinction and Genesis Supply Drops and Mission Rewards don't seem to scale with loot quality server setting, that or my RNG is just terrible. Could we get a setting to increase the value of the loot either give? If they do scale with that options setting it doesn't seem to work very well, most of the time red drops on extinction have given maybe 1 or 2 usable ascendant blueprints compared to what my friends and I have already gotten out of the old drops on Valguero.

6 replies to this server topic

1 hour ago, SapphireSam7 said:

I used the Beacon App to create new lootables with the lines listed and the app formatted the actual code lines. So I am not sure what the game had by default. 

The app is pretty easy to use and made the process simple. I had redone the drops for the other maps so when it came to recreating these I simple created the lootcrate and then used some copy and past to place what we would get on the other maps into the new map. 

I did have to group them though. White and Green Drop items went into the first. Blue and Purple into the second. Yellow and Red into the third. 

If you didn't have those drops previous set, you would simply have to sort through and add the items you want to each loot crate or use one of the defaulted presets available to build on or adjust. 

I'm familiar with the app but I didn't find it satisfying my needs. I took all the vanilla loottables from the Dev Kit files and reassembled those of them that don't scale quality to be 2x in item quality and 3x in resources quantity. Then I pasted it in my game.ini. The config became quite heavy.

I reverse engineered the exact quality and quantity distribution curves with non-default so called "power" attributes as well as RequiresMinQuality (it isn't nearly the same as it reads:) ) and other properties found in Supply Crates loot configs (except one complex case and a couple of trivial that weren't needed for my goals. It won't be difficult to do them if needed because I know the method).

Maybe those would be useful for somebody. I only need a proper place to share them.

On 3/2/2020 at 5:43 PM, SapphireSam7 said:

We noticed the change as well, with the loot crate options looking a sad in comparison to the game standard and adjusted drops I have set for our other maps in the past. 

I was however, able to beacon to create new loot crate drops using some code lines - which has helped. 

If we could scale it it would be nice, but until then we will continue to use the code lines. 

Which were, when used with beacon to override the supply crate items; (just in case anyone could use them)

• Lootcrate_lvl1_C
  • Lootcrate_lvl2_C
  • Lootcrate_lvl3_C
  • PrimalItemConsumable_Lootcrate_lvl1_C
  • PrimalItemConsumable_Lootcrate_lvl2_C
  • PrimalItemConsumable_Lootcrate_lvl3_C

Do you have the exact loottables?

They indeed don't scale. Test it with the multiplier set to 0 - it won't give basic primitive stuff.

I second this request. I used to play my game with 2x quality multipliers. For now all Genesis loot sources give unscaled items that, compared to normal crates and manually adjusted OSD/Alphas, are not worth carrying to a grinder :Jerbcry:

6 hours ago, SAS said:

Do you have the exact loottables?

I used the Beacon App to create new lootables with the lines listed and the app formatted the actual code lines. So I am not sure what the game had by default. 

The app is pretty easy to use and made the process simple. I had redone the drops for the other maps so when it came to recreating these I simple created the lootcrate and then used some copy and past to place what we would get on the other maps into the new map. 

I did have to group them though. White and Green Drop items went into the first. Blue and Purple into the second. Yellow and Red into the third. 

If you didn't have those drops previous set, you would simply have to sort through and add the items you want to each loot crate or use one of the defaulted presets available to build on or adjust. 

We noticed the change as well, with the loot crate options looking a sad in comparison to the game standard and adjusted drops I have set for our other maps in the past. 

I was however, able to beacon to create new loot crate drops using some code lines - which has helped. 

If we could scale it it would be nice, but until then we will continue to use the code lines. 

Which were, when used with beacon to override the supply crate items; (just in case anyone could use them)

• Lootcrate_lvl1_C
  • Lootcrate_lvl2_C
  • Lootcrate_lvl3_C
  • PrimalItemConsumable_Lootcrate_lvl1_C
  • PrimalItemConsumable_Lootcrate_lvl2_C
  • PrimalItemConsumable_Lootcrate_lvl3_C

Archived