genesis ark Genesis X Rock Elementals

Mrsyb95

Genesis X Rock Elementals

Hey, was wondering if anyone found out what the x rock elementals need to eat to tame them. I got one (low level just to see if they were tameable) with extraordinary kibble (light blue, not sure name but it was light blue) and now the rest of them aren’t eating anything that i put in their inventory. Anyone know if this is a bug or is there a limit to one per tribe on a map or what? Any details will help. 

Thank you in advance,

mrsyb95

• 2 months later...

How to tame X-RockElementals

The ones inside the volcano are X-Rock Elementals and the ones in the blizzard zone of ice biome are ice colored normal Rock Elementals. the X ones have boosted stat values and have a flame effect on their boulders unless they changed it. it is alot harder to K.O. any of the X type variants. For taming them on genesis I have been using the skiff to move either type to a better location and handling it there. for X-Rock Elementals this is an absolute necessary as they will not eat in or near the volcano. You want to have at least 5 element in your skiff at start of the whole trip. You need a skiff, a Tapajara on flyer enabled maps or a bloodstalker on official, and a MEK with siege cannon, and 5-20 cannon shells depending on lvl.

I found a spot on the SE edge of the Volcnic biome that has a small island with a tiny moat like spot. Any area on that edge of the map will work but this site I have tested and I like the island as a target. The island is about 2x2 foundations and has a nice straight run path on one side and a small hill on the other. Pull the Lava golem out of the volcano carefully to not bump the bottom of the skiff as then you will drop it under the map. the golem itself can dip under the terrain a bit however. you need to go out the largest crystal tunnel that leads to the big lava lake. and then fly over the lake to the south exit from the volcano. Take care to try to stay about 20 meters from the surface over the lake. Once you Arrive put it down a ways away from the 'island'. Park the skiff behind the hill. To note, you should clear the whole area of all wilds before taming to make your life not a headache.

Now on flyer enabled maps just take a tapajara and kite it forward to the island keeping the feet about level with the top of the golems head. You need to have the flyer on passive and follow with the highest follow range and be able to know how far you can go from the tapajara before your out of range. The island site works for this as the valley next to the hill will still be in range if the golem is about on or near the island. Once the golem is in place and staring at the bait, jump off. It might be a good idea to have a parachute or wing-suit to avoid damage from the fall. If done right the golem will be standing staring dumbfounded at the bait. Then just run a bit away pop out the Mek and and use the siege cannon to target the head easy until K.O.ed.

Other methods include building a trap at the site and timing the shot with the golem punching, putting something the golem will attack on a ramp off the back of the skiff and hovering at the right height, Building a Hangman at site and then using a bloodstalker or second person with grapple to shoot up and dangle themselves the right height. I prefer the baiting from height methods because you end with a golem holding still ready to be hit.

I'm a LONG LONG time Arker, with only 15,500 hours in the game. I started streaming ark this year. If you have any question about ark hit me up except for the upper boss fights since they changed alot since I did them years ago. I normally stream in the evenings starting anytime from 5-8pm to 5am est. You can message me on my discord server and I will try to stream a solution I come up with.

https://discord.gg/jACAA83

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Arachia

https://www.twitch.tv/arachia_botanical

• 1 month later...

Archived