oh the experience of this map

slayerofzombs87

oh the experience of this map

well where to begin? so il start off with the bog .... categorised as .... "easy" i mean raptor me. no offence or disrespect to wildcard or anyone but do you even know what easy is or means? example kaprosuches sarcos baryonx constant swarms x raptors i have well had its dead now a 200 plus x raptor and some how a level 15 or 85 was able to do mass damage even though i checked the stats with the hlna i scanned it with what i was fighting. and its stats was way lower than mine. dragged off my raptor by a kaprosuchus another one drags my raptor away into the path of a paracerethium obviously their is nothing i can do about this. so a hatchet or a metal pick can do more damage than my pike ... and kill it. pike is useless. its as if all the damage of wild dinos vs tamed is too high based on the actual values listed? and to top it off a sarco able to clip its way through my stone walls damaging my fabricator bare in mind this is a level 150 sarco. someone tried to help me pike it i tried to crossbow it. plus i had knocked out a stego and it was in the mission area. now its beyond me why you cannot place spikes round your tame too protect it in this area?? 70% tame a sarco comes along and eats it. great job all because im unable to put spikes round to protect it .... this map is really not suited to solo players. if the bog is designed to be well "easy" then holy poop. make it abit easier because it sure as hell is false advertising or misleading at the very least. if you are a solo player well good luck getting by.

also another thing the mission areas transitioning like loading. sometimes im being chased by a dino and due to transition lag i clip into the dinosaur. i was enjoying it at first but now after this no just leaves a sourt taste and pure utter irritation and anger the constant bug swarms. im not expecting an easy ride .... but to be royally raptored at every turn in a zone thats suppose to be easy ... no.

and yep im tired and pretty irritable after grinding it out. so thats me done for a couple of days because as a person solo to die this many times too such bs its intolerable. even back in the days of the beta i didnt die this much. ive died well over 50 times and im a level 61 from a level 1 with 300 plus hp and quite abit of melee and i still can do very little the overall scaling of wild dinos damage is insanity. this is more me venting to how botched this feels and the lack of balance to fending off swarms and teleport to a random area you are frozen most of the time and you end up dead to something you cant even see .... lol. i have to vent my frustrations and then the release of tames but unable to be flown but to be enabled on unofficial that people can use flyers. the bog aka the easy area needs some fine tuning not to be such a stupid difficulty. unless you are a team of even 2 or five you literally get royally raptored being a solo player. all in all i feel so far its not suited for a solo experience and ive played since the very beginning of ark. thats my opinion or piece on this map or release

Just get rid of the insect swarms, they are annoying at best, they serve no purpose other than to disrupt ever taming a Bloodstalker. They are completely pointless so just get them out of the game or keep them ground level see'ing as you can't do anything to defend your taming once your been dragged up. The fact that its taking an absolute obnoxious amount of blood to tame one and then a swarm decideds to fly a couple hundred feet up and completely ruins your tame ... common sense here, if we could defend the tame then fine but we can't so why is this even a thing? they'be packed to many tames into small areas, wait till you try getting a magma egg and realize you're fighting lava golems, 15+ magmas, and thats before the volcano starts and all the other critter jam packed into a tiny area. 

Archived