How to deal with super trolls?

SaulGoodman

How to deal with super trolls?

I’m new here but this problem is bad enough to the point i created a forum account to ask people..

How does one counter the hardcore raiders with rock golems and tek? I play on ORP official Xbox. There’s a few groups roaming around just raiding everyone clean of supplies. I thought they were just inexperienced 10 year olds until it happened to me.Some guy (just one guy) comes up to my fully gate enclosed base, bombs it, and throws out a golem lvl 260 or so.

Starts draining all of my turrets that i have spent weeks filling. Few minutes later, he walks away and tosses another 260 out. Long story short, everything i owned was stolen. I logged off. From my log he had a third also. Cheeky little sociopath even made a video laughing about it. He had at least 1 ascendant saddle. On a GOLEM.

So what on earth could a level 70 solo player possibly do to counteract that? No amount of any defense i make will work after something like this..There must be a way. Surely you’re not supposed to just let them steamroll you whenever they please?

3 minutes ago, Thyme said:

Try to hide your base. There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop them from destroying it. A vault hidden in some rocks at the ocean floor can help you save loot to reestablish after being wiped

Oh yeah and get this..ONLY on these ORP servers are vaults NOT LOCKED! Meaning anyone can loot your vaults if they’re inside. Literally useless. But at the same time you’re protected while offline so it’s a trade off ? maybe i should try pvE?

35 minutes ago, mattj said:

Leave pvp.

Isn’t that really a quitters option though? I’d really like to get back at these people. And plus i’m not one of the nubs that come to pvp just to escape pve pillars or whatever. I do like to raid bases. How does one get to the point those trolls are at? If they can do it surely i could with some guidance 

Edit - Nevermind. I left after all ?

19 minutes ago, FreelancerKnux said:

They aren't a troll for pvping on a pvp server though....

Got a problem with em fight fire with fire use some golems of your own.

Fight or die are your only options on pvp. Build up again and again and you will hit the level cap.

I mean..yeah it’s pvp but they’re obviously doing it for some sick pleasure. The videos of them i’ve seen are constant racial slurs, cackling and peeing theirselves at the fact they’re making someone quit from months of work because they’re “untouchable”. You don’t need to be a psychologist to see how deeply flawed they are. 

In either case i just heard from a little bird that the alpha clan was supplying them to create chaos or some wannabe Joker crap. Yeahh ill just go pvE because i’m totally drained of life right now.

4 hours ago, Thyme said:

Try to hide your base. There is absolutely nothing you can do to stop them from destroying it. A vault hidden in some rocks at the ocean floor can help you save loot to reestablish after being wiped

I also have this, I (try to) play on pvp official servers. maybe this will help you with the worry.

1. make your base look cool but not too cool or golem/wyvern/troll ppl will break base sooner.

2. keep a box with starter tools hidden on the server you play on. then if you get raided you can build up quicker. I mean literally put time into making sure your hidden box is still there and add to it but obviously don't just build 2 bases. JUST 1 BOX. you will never find my box :Jerbcry:

3. the phrase "fire with fire" means something here. get on youtube and learn where the artifacts are, the artifacts let you do bosses. **/you need to tame lots of dangerous dinos (youtube will tell you the right ones) so build the biggest trap your time allows**/

come to think of it youtube is why I know everything I know... and i'm in my thirties...

4. if pvp annoys you just build a big castle offline. don't go back to pvp until you have regained your composure.

5. don't kill bobs because one day the bob you kill might get to level 105 and have tek and he could come back and break you base. but maybe he won't and you should kill bobs; obviously it's your game and not mine.

4 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

I mean..yeah it’s pvp but they’re obviously doing it for some sick pleasure. The videos of them i’ve seen are constant racial slurs, cackling and peeing theirselves at the fact they’re making someone quit from months of work because they’re “untouchable”. You don’t need to be a psychologist to see how deeply flawed they are. 

In either case i just heard from a little bird that the alpha clan was supplying them to create chaos or some wannabe Joker crap. Yeahh ill just go pvE because i’m totally drained of life right now.

DILO do you PvP for if not for some sort of pleasure??? They aren't flawed for enjoying a game their way but yeah all of this is par of the course for officials.

Seems like the pvp you are into is more like controlled raiding without wiping and sending the other player back to zero. Honestly an unofficial server might cater to your style better.

Don't switch to PvE if you are a PvP player, you'll just end up coming back later. Here's some tricks that helped me when I played offline raid protection. 

5 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

So what on earth could a level 70 solo player possibly do to counteract that? No amount of any defense i make will work after something like this. There must be a way. Surely you’re not supposed to just let them steamroll you whenever they please?

What can I do? This is the question to ask and yes you would be right, there is a way.

1. Firstly you said you had turrets which took you weeks to fill? First off don't prioritize turrets over ammo for said turrets. Its better to have a few turrets with maximum ammo than a bunch of turrets with not enough ammo. Species x are still very powerful as long as they have just a little turret coverage behind them to shoot down rockets. 

2. Large bear traps are very underated and if placed correctly they can really mess with an unexperienced raider.  The bear traps will dismount the player, who gets shot to death by the x plants and leaves their tame at your mercy. Wont stop the raiders, but at least you can say you took out a tame or two.

3. Purlovias are a great tactic for offline raid protection. They cant be killed while offline, so you don't need to worry about someone detecting it and killing it while you are offline if you use them for hidden storage and they also make a great trap for someone trying to flak run your base. 

4. Be experimental with defensive dinos. I wouldn't bother with dillos, but other dinos in turret mode can add some dps to your base without hurting your turret limit. Despite the nerf, kentros are still great in close quarters with a cyropod.

5. Getting a solid bloodline of level 250+ Rexes and Pteras is a great first objective after getting an established base. These two dinos are solid PvP mounts which are fairly common in the wild. In the scenario you just described you could have picked them with your ptera, dropped the raider inside your turret range, then jumped on a rex and destroyed the golem. After that you could have looted the raiders gear and other two golems to help you defend the next wave. 

Generally speaking these tips wont save you from getting raided, but you should be able to put up some form of resistance. That might not seem like much but trust me, getting raided feels so much better when you are able to put up some resistance. The memory will go down less bitter and you will be thinking on what can be improved for next time. 

Archived