Taming Bloodstalkers is ridiculous

Maxranviir

1 minute ago, Leebum said:

I have been testing taming these for 2 days now (not alllll day obviously) and What i have determinded is this: Something is not right with the taming, i dont think it is 100% intended. Also, once u have a male and female tamed u can breed them, so 2k blood should be enough for a mating pair at least.

Yeah, there is definitely something wrong, but what really grinds my gears is that they delayed this DLC like every other DLC they release, and still issues like these make it into the game, honestly Wildcuck just keeps getting worse and worse.

I do agree that the amount of blood packs they require is absolutely absurd if you want a max level bloodstalker. I'm really, really hoping this is merely just a missed little issue that WC isn't addressing because they haven't noticed is all. I love the bloodstalker, but holy crap I do not want to sit and bust out thousands of blood packs for a single one.

1 hour ago, Maxranviir said:

Yeah, there is definitely something wrong, but what really grinds my gears is that they delayed this DLC like every other DLC they release, and still issues like these make it into the game, honestly Wildcuck just keeps getting worse and worse.

This I do agree with. Mind you any game has its bugs when released, but the fact that WC has so many bugs as it is and creates many more which often further don't get addressed well into the future come is what annoys me with WC. Right now, the game is very poorly optimized, has tons of bugs such as issues with clipping, getting stuck on stupid stuff, very poor hitboxes, etc. that all need to be fixed but WC has done nothing about those issues. For example their minimum specs I can run so easily, or at least, should be able to. And their recommended specs are 100% within my capabilities as I have a comp that meets said recommended specs. But the funniest part is that I can run games that technically recommend more than what ARK requires and still be able to switch very smoothly between Discord, OBS, etc. without a shred of lag (i.e. MHWorld and Planet Zoo both technically demand much more in terms of specs and power than ARK does), but the moment I run ARK I literally can't have and run any other application because it slows my computer down so bad if I do try switching between them. Its sad, but reality, and unfortunately too many "WildTards" support WC so blindly they always try to feebly tell us nothing is wrong with their poorly optimized, buggy game.

3 minutes ago, CanisLupus said:

I do agree that the amount of blood packs they require is absolutely absurd if you want a max level bloodstalker. I'm really, really hoping this is merely just a missed little issue that WC isn't addressing because they haven't noticed is all. I love the bloodstalker, but holy crap I do not want to sit and bust out thousands of blood packs for a single one.

This I do agree with. Mind you any game has its bugs when released, but the fact that WC has so many bugs as it is and creates many more which often further don't get addressed well into the future come is what annoys me with WC. Right now, the game is very poorly optimized, has tons of bugs such as issues with clipping, getting stuck on stupid stuff, very poor hitboxes, etc. that all need to be fixed but WC has done nothing about those issues. For example their minimum specs I can run so easily, or at least, should be able to. And their recommended specs are 100% within my capabilities as I have a comp that meets said recommended specs. But the funniest part is that I can run games that technically recommend more than what ARK requires and still be able to switch very smoothly between Discord, OBS, etc. without a shred of lag (i.e. MHWorld and Planet Zoo both technically demand much more in terms of specs and power than ARK does), but the moment I run ARK I literally can't have and run any other application because it slows my computer down so bad if I do try switching between them. Its sad, but reality, and unfortunately too many "WildTards" support WC so blindly they always try to feebly tell us nothing is wrong with their poorly optimized, buggy game.

Yeah it's honestly ridiculous, I don't want to sit around for hours extracting blood for a max level bloodstalker, and on top of that, it's not just bloodstalkers that have issues, THREE times today, I have used 2 element to tame a ferox, only to have it despawn when it passes out. Honestly. it's ridiculous.

It is obnoxious, and yes its broken, on a dedicated insta tame 50x max lvl 300 dinos it takes over 3k to tame a 300 and over an hour. I realize and hour may not seem like much on official but take into consideration every other tame takes 1 feeding for perfect tame so usually no more than 5 min for their food to drop enough to eat once.

It's beyond broken, and if it is intended .... well whoever came up with the idea should probably be sent packing because they clearly are unable to use common sense.

12 hours ago, Maxranviir said:

Yeah it's honestly ridiculous, I don't want to sit around for hours extracting blood for a max level bloodstalker, and on top of that, it's not just bloodstalkers that have issues, THREE times today, I have used 2 element to tame a ferox, only to have it despawn when it passes out. Honestly. it's ridiculous.

Honestly I didn't know about the Ferox issue as I just KO tame them instead seeing as its, currently, an option albeit one I am pretty sure WC didn't intend. XD Still, abuse whatcha can if the devs are too incompetent to deal with them prior. -shrug-

12 hours ago, Warb said:

It is obnoxious, and yes its broken, on a dedicated insta tame 50x max lvl 300 dinos it takes over 3k to tame a 300 and over an hour. I realize and hour may not seem like much on official but take into consideration every other tame takes 1 feeding for perfect tame so usually no more than 5 min for their food to drop enough to eat once.

It's beyond broken, and if it is intended .... well whoever came up with the idea should probably be sent packing because they clearly are unable to use common sense.

Yeah, due to the server I manage being a 5x taming myself and other admins have basically come to the mutual agreement that we've just made a process where if the bloodstalker is max level, player who gets it for taming has to simply throw away 50 mutton.

So taming a bloodstalker is really hard...the amount of blood packs they need is insane.

Each one is about 0.3 % of the tame bar.
I spent about a total of 4 hours today in between work to acquire 1500 blood packs draining it all from myself. 

Then when I was ready to tame the 174 that was in the tree outside the little shack I’d made, it was gone. So I went looking for another as close to 174 as I could. Closest I found was a 114...so I’m happy sitting in the tree after it grabbed me...it took a total of 150 packs when it hit 25% so I figured it would need around 600. I had more than enough. So after 450 packs down it was around 75%. 

Thought it was going great then I was targeted by a insect swarm ?
They hit both me and the bloodstalker sending us both to the ground. I used a parachute to stop the fall damage but the bloodstalker was waiting for me and between it and a sarco nearby that joined in they killed me...then they killed my baryonix...then the bloodstalker killed the sarco and by the time I was able to grab my bag and try and get the bloodstalker to grab me again it had lost all of the taming so far.

Ok I thought, I can just sit here with the rest of my blood packs still over 800 of them should be enough. BOOM kicked to dashboard...ark needs an update. That was a fun 3 hours trying to tame a bloodstalker ?

Taming a BS is bs right now. I don't mind they can snatch you off your tame, but there tend to be too many too close together. Tame one just to get snatched off it by another one, that will most likely kill you if you don't have a parachute and enough blood bags leftover to make an escape from it's grip. Honestly I feel that if your on a bloodstalker that should confuse other bloodstalkers like a sort of camouflage, think of the real world assassin beetle and how it uses the dead bodies of other bugs to camouflage itself.

So upon trying to tame a Bloodstalker, it grabbed me and pulled me through the map all the way through the skybox, crashing my game! Now I keep getting the prompt, Could not retrieve address... I assume I’m just screwed and have to start a new character... RIP all my Tek ingrams! This kind of crap makes we want to stop playing this game! 

Wiki has updated with info!

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Bloodstalker

" To increase its Taming Modifier, you should allow it to attack and suck the blood of a tame of yours. Something it can grab. This will increase the modifier about 10% or more per tame. Once it has reached 100% let it attack you with blood bags. After some testing, it is unclear what this does to the taming process. "

So apparently it has a taming modifier which must be increased by allowing it to drink a tame. When the meter is at 100%, then you let it drink the packs. Mind you I merely read this, but hopefully it is true. If anyone can test this, definitely do so and alert us.

Ok so I just made a vid on the method that I found working best.

https://youtu.be/_wBF5PlO6cc

Step 1: Go naked with NO stuff in your inventory to a Bloodstalker you want to tame, get sucked in and killed.

Step 2: Respawn, grab your Blood Packs, put them on your last hotbar slot (0) and go back to the same Bloodstalker that killed you. Get sucked in and let it tame up.

I have also tamed a 140 with this method that I used in this video, only difference was that it only needed 24 Blood Packs to get tamed. Why I don't know yet.

Congratulations! You now have your very own Bloodstalker!! The reason why this 130 Bloodsucker only needed 90 Bloodpacks is because I let it kill me 1 time first. Otherwise it would be much much more expensive to tame. In my last video about this, I tamed a 150 with 1009 Blood Packs!! ?

Taming is x2 on this server but taming multiplier does not affect the Bloodstalker so this should be good for Official servers aswell!

THIS IS THE WAY!

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, fewcm said:

I haven't tamed one yet, but those swarms are going to be a pain. Bog is almost ? impossible to find pelt to make big repellent.

Hair and Wool work as substitutes for pelt; you need scissors of course.

You can also make hide, and with some points into Fortitude and/or some Fria Curry/Shadow Steak, you can prowl the out edges of the Artic biome for creatures that drop pelt.  And, if you manage to tame a wolf while there....then you have a great pelt harvester.

Hair and Wool work as substitutes for pelt; you need scissors of course.
You can also make hide, and with some points into Fortitude and/or some Fria Curry/Shadow Steak, you can prowl the out edges of the Artic biome for creatures that drop pelt.  And, if you manage to tame a wolf while there....then you have a great pelt harvester.
Great advice! Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

I’m not having a problem with number of blood packs, I’m having a problem with the taming just working properly. I get grabbed and the tame bar starts low and goes BACKWARDS till it hits zero. The bloodstalker continues to eat the blood packs at this point but there’s no progress being had. I have decided to not bother until they fix it. I seem to be having a very unique issue, but it’s an issue that makes it impossible to actually do. Anyone else having this one? If so and you know how to fix it, reply would be appreciated. Thanks

Honestly I think they need to just need to completely redo how taming Bloodstalkers works. They had it good at one point, then made it literally hundreds of blood bags, and then made it even worse by now having us need to sacrifice tames AND THEN spend hundreds of blood packs.

I propose a new method that is more fair and less time consuming while still balanced, although this would require them to make it to where you can eat food and drink while grabbed:

1. Let a Bloodstalker reel you in.
  2. Once it starts sucking your blood, start eating narcotics or drink beer. Once you are knocked out, the Bloodstalker will continue to suck your blood, but will instead start to suck the torpor and pass out.
  3. THEN you feed it blood packs. Maybe the max for a wild 150 could be like 400, I think that's fair.
  4.  Also baby bloodstalkers should just eat blood packs for imprints. Makes sense for them to like who they get a taste of lol

Archived