polymer farming?

Giorgino87

There's plenty of obsidian, mountain in the snow, ocean floor, luna biome and it's all over the place in the lava biome, use a frog in the bog for cp

For organic poly there's karkinos in the luna biome, also supposed to be penguins on the ice lake, hesperornis in the ocean biome but you don't get much from them

Best method I found so far is mine obsidian practically anywhere in the Volcano and Arctic biomes, and if you want heaps of chitin for cementing paste, simply tame and breed megatheriums and track mission "Egg-straction" on Volcanic biome next to one of the cave entrances. It simply spawns so many spiders and arthtoplueras at the entrance because of the mission that you are going to be OVERFLOWN with chitin you gonna get the further you go, but watch out for magmasaurs even though they aren't that bad to kill once you get a Bug Killer buff and as long as you run around and hit its back.

Best method found so far.

Haven't found penguins at the spot they are supposed to be in. Pretty sure that spot is bugged. The ducks are a pain in the ass to farm and can't be targeted with a moschops. It's probably more efficient to farm regular polymer.  As Nik mentioned, tame a sloth and do one of the bug missions.  However, I've gone with the nuclear option. Build a hover skiff and squeeze it through the lunar caves. Tractor beam the karkinos onto land (if it's killing fish) so moschops can actually hit it. You can keep element consumption to a minimum by making sure you always at your most absolute minimum hover height.  If you're on a server with higher dino levels and rates you'll pull thousands of polymer off a single karkino, there's six caves they spawn in and they have a quick respawn time (although it's a little wonky and they can spawn under the mesh when you get in rendering distance).

Archived