Unable To Craft Element In Genesis

ZooMTRauMA

• Volunteer Moderator

I believe this is intended because even if you own Extinction you cannot craft element in your inventory.

Lunar biome has lots of green looking rocks that are Element Shard rocks, and Lava biome have Red crystal looking rocks (similar to Red gems on Aberration) that are Element Shard rocks.

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, ZooMTRauMA said:

I can't craft element period. Are you telling me Extinction owners can't craft any either?

The only way to get element that I've found is buying it from the store.

What do you mean can't craft period? You mean on Genesis only right? Because as I said it is intended not to be able to craft element.

As I also said you can farm element shards from green rocks in lunar and red crystal rocks in lava.

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, ZooMTRauMA said:

What are the point of shards? I've never used/seen them so I just assumed they are to be crafted into element itself.

Shards are broken down piece of element. 100 shards = 1 element.

Tek generators and stuff all take shards as well as element.

you can only feed ferox element far as I can tell. 

So... the only way your gonna get element is:

1) save up hex and buy a teir 2 or 3 drop and 'hope' you get a tek replicator if not, do it again.... then go harvest crystals in lunar or lava biome (lava is more survivable) and shove those shards into the tek replicator you got to make element... or...

2) buy 1 element for 2000 hex from the hex store...

1 minute ago, Darkholis said:

If you are lucky enough, you can get your replicator from T2 & T3 lootcrates. Once you have your replicator secured, you can use it to convert the element shards acquired from volcano crystals into element.

No need to buy element from HLNA here.

I was just stating the two ways of getting element.

If you are lucky enough, you can get your replicator from T2 & T3 lootcrates. Once you have your replicator secured, you can use it to convert the element shards acquired from volcano crystals into element.
No need to buy element from HLNA here.
The replicator is not a 100% guarantee? I must have been lucky then got one from my first one

29 minutes ago, Zadira said:

So do you have to open the Extension engrams to be able to craft the element in the replicator?  This is also what we are wondering about the oil pumps from Scorched Earth.  Is there a way to be able to use these items on Genesis?

Items requiring engrams from other DLCs requires you to transfert to said map, unlock the engram before transfering back to Genesis. As for Element crafted from shards, I believe you auto unlock the recipe once you learn the replicator tekgram.

I wonder if the oil pumps are in the loot crates? 

Surely you should be able to play Genesis without opening up the other engrams. I have opened them sooooo many times.  I really don't want to open them again on new servers. :(

They made the replicators available in the loot crates.  What use are they if we can't use them?  We HAVE to go to a different dlc first?

16 minutes ago, Zadira said:

I wonder if the oil pumps are in the loot crates? 

Surely you should be able to play Genesis without opening up the other engrams. I have opened them sooooo many times.  I really don't want to open them again on new servers. :(

They made the replicators available in the loot crates.  What use are they if we can't use them?  We HAVE to go to a different dlc first?

You need to defeat the Moeder to unlock the replicator as well as other Genesis tekgrams like the skiff. You'll need said skiff to tame an astrocetus.

29 minutes ago, Zadira said:

If you get a replicator in a loot drop you should be able to use it right?

Nope, you must beat any boss in order to unlock the tekgram. So if you do get tek BPs from T3 crates, you can make the item but can't use it until the original tekgram is obtained by beating the appropriate boss.

16 minutes ago, DaSerialChiller said:

I'm puzzled by this thread. I am able to craft element just fine, with element dust brought over from Extinction DLC, to Genesis. I'm able to craft the dust into element in my inventory only. The element is now a purple color, rather than blue on the other maps, but it is craftable. 

That is the new icon for unstable element.

On a side note, anyone else noticed how you get 0 ressources from demolishing replicators obtained from T2-T3 crates?

On 2/28/2020 at 3:54 AM, GP said:

What do you mean can't craft period? You mean on Genesis only right? Because as I said it is intended not to be able to craft element.

As I also said you can farm element shards from green rocks in lunar and red crystal rocks in lava.

but there is no way to Craft it to make whatever you need.

Cuz the only way to "make" it is the Tek rep. so the shards are Useless without it.

heck i don't know how to get the rep on genesis, so the only way to get Full element is by buying it from Helena. and What do you need to craft a Rep? element! 

25 minutes ago, DaSerialChiller said:

I'm puzzled by this thread. I am able to craft element just fine, with element dust brought over from Extinction DLC, to Genesis. I'm able to craft the dust into element in my inventory only. The element is now a purple color, rather than blue on the other maps, but it is craftable. 

Not every map/server can Unlock element.

say from Private or Non-cluster Servers. and also. not everyone has a large amount of Dust and there no Real way to get element dust on Genesis from a Source like Lamps or Veins  (Asid from Tek dinos and Ferox Sneeze, but thats not reliable)   

1 minute ago, Udam said:

Not every map/server can Unlock element.

say from Private or Non-cluster Servers. and also. not everyone has a large amount of Dust and theirs no Real way to get element dust on Genesis (Asid from Tek dinos and Ferox Sneeze, but thats not reliable)   

Fair enough, guess I'll just stay on the server I'm on then, it's been no issue for me on my current cluster.

Archived