Ferox stats reset when transforming

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tested it and it works. Its cheaper element wise as well lol.. And I've seen that they don't always bug out whenever they transform, so the idea is to get all the stats you want, breed em, then

I have 2, one was cryopodded.  Un-podded, leveled melee 5 levels, transformed, no loss of bonus levels.  The other was never cryopodded, uploaded, or leveled.  I transformed her and she lost all bonus

Sadly I can confirm that it doesn't make a difference, I podded/unpodded a girl and she lost levels as she transformed, she even lost her name.   That said, if you get one to transform and n

• 2 months later...

SURPRISE SURPRISE! i just tested it after giving ark a break for a few months and the stats of the large form are STILL completely different from the stats of the small forms. this has been a bug since february AND ITS NOW JUNE! wildcard is a complete  joke.  they ignore so many game breaking bugs and never fix them, skylord artifact not spawning in SP, titans (major focus of end game on extinction) not being permanent in SP (despite being meant to), titans stats resetting to default (from alpha to base gamma stats) on server reset/relogging, ferox stat distribution in small form completely different to stat distribution in large form, etc ALL IRNOGRED BY WILDCARD, ALL SWEPT UNDER THE RUG AND FORGOTTEN, ALL NEVER FIXED! imagine if rocksteady never fixed the glide suit not working in arkham asylum, people would be raging yet wildcard does it over and over and over and over and NOTHING  HAPPENS. its gotten to a point were in regular games, if you find a major bug you expect it to be fixed BUT if its a wildcard game, you must figure it will never be fixed and should just deal with it, no matter how bad it is. i defend and forgave wildcards past mistakes (loved genesis's map, didnt care about early access dlc, etc) but this, this is just to much, too many straws that the camels back didnt just break, it collapsed into a black hole from which never to return. i am done.

Edited by TigerH99
4 hours ago, ehuhoser said:

just asking but you do know that when the small transforms that they larger version gets a 200 percent increase so health, stam and melee is changed right?  It is when it reverts to smaller form that was patched as it re-rolled melee to get insane versions when transformed and bred.

yes, thats not what i am talking about, what i am talking about for instance is say in small form, it has 30 in melee, 30 in health, 30 in stamina, 30 in food, 30 in oxygen, 30 in speed, and 30 in weight, when it transforms, its stats would randomize and it could for instance then have 27 into health, 33 into stam, 25 into weight, 40 in speed, 25 into melee, 20 into food, and 30 into oxygen.

you could for instance breed 2 small male and female ferox with the EXACT same stats and get 2 babies but when you transform both babies, they will have COMPLETELY different stats. 

it because extremely evident if you install a mod like super spyglass to see the exact wild point distribution. the stats transformed are always completely random compared to the parent

6 minutes ago, ehuhoser said:

was just checking as my original ones were like that but when I went out and tamed new ones as bred them up their stats stayed the same so I might have to test some more on the next few rounds.  From what the patch notes had a while back stated it was fixed from re-rolled stat points, but maybe it was reintroduced.

this is a educated guess but considering it happens only to your old ones and the ones i tested were my old ones, maybe it only happens to ones tamed before a certain point but not ones tamed after. they possibly left the bug on the old ones that had like 70+ melee to act as a nerf so that you couldnt keep their stats.

of course this would need more testing to confirm if it does in fact not happen with any new tamed ones and also if true, should be tested to see if it wont randomize the stats if you breed a new one with an old one and test to see if achieving the same melee stat via melee mutations could cause the same thing to happen (if they made it to where the randomization only happens to ferox that a certain amount of melee)

• 1 month later...

Just checking in to support the issue. Small Ferox when bred pass down their stats, but when the baby grows up and is fed element for the first time, the larger Ferox stats completely reroll.

Patch 309.53 "Fixed a bug where Ferox Stats were being rerolled after first time transforming" and patch 310.27 "Ferox breeding/mutation movement speed has been corrected to be consistent between small and large Ferox."

This does not appear to have actually fixed the problem. Why does the small Ferox have different stats from the Large Ferox? Breeding them is already very expensive, they are a wonderful creature to use and very versatile, but unfortunately can not go to alpha end game with these bugs.

Is this one of those "fixes" where anything tamed previously is still broken and should not be used, we have to start all over and tame new "fixed" versions?

On 8/10/2020 at 11:21 PM, Haze84 said:

Is this one of those "fixes" where anything tamed previously is still broken and should not be used, we have to start all over and tame new "fixed" versions?

possibly , have not tamed new ones to test yet, sort of got burned out on ark (every creature in genesis being extremely bugged/nerfed for pvp did not help with that) and am waiting for the genesis 2 trailer to reignite my interest. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but I play on an unofficial pve ragnarok server they have ferox spawns I tamed a 200 and it came out 300 but my problem is I leveled tiny ferox thinking the transformed ferox would just upscale tiny ferox's stats but it seems the two different forms share levels but have different stats, I leveled tiny ferox melee by one and big ferox melee didn't change and leveled big ferox melee and no change on tiny ferox melee is this just how they work or is this a bug can't seem to find any info on this any help would be appreciated thx

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 11:21 PM, Haze84 said:

Just checking in to support the issue. Small Ferox when bred pass down their stats, but when the baby grows up and is fed element for the first time, the larger Ferox stats completely reroll.

Patch 309.53 "Fixed a bug where Ferox Stats were being rerolled after first time transforming" and patch 310.27 "Ferox breeding/mutation movement speed has been corrected to be consistent between small and large Ferox."

This does not appear to have actually fixed the problem. Why does the small Ferox have different stats from the Large Ferox? Breeding them is already very expensive, they are a wonderful creature to use and very versatile, but unfortunately can not go to alpha end game with these bugs.

I have finally tested out wether newly tamed ferox stats stay the same on transformation and i am glad to say THEY STILL FREAKING DONT UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY ARE THEY SO BUGGED!

here are pictures of my newly tamed (today) ferox from before its first transformation and after, stats are on top right.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2231059353

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2231059254

not only does my large ferox have different stat distribution then the small one, it also has alot less! 216 vs 144 stats in total. ITS EVEN WORSE.

On 8/30/2020 at 1:32 PM, Deadmaninacan said:

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this but I play on an unofficial pve ragnarok server they have ferox spawns I tamed a 200 and it came out 300 but my problem is I leveled tiny ferox thinking the transformed ferox would just upscale tiny ferox's stats but it seems the two different forms share levels but have different stats, I leveled tiny ferox melee by one and big ferox melee didn't change and leveled big ferox melee and no change on tiny ferox melee is this just how they work or is this a bug can't seem to find any info on this any help would be appreciated thx

Thats another bug that can happen, sorry i didnt reply sooner, these things are bugged to high heck and are border line unusable. the devs seems to adamantly refuse to fix any of its bugs. its been this way for more then half a year now. safe to say nothing will change. just like the food bug and stat reset bug on relog for extinction titans on singleplayer amoung other numerous bugs, the devs rarely fix major bugs and instead spend their time nerfing everything into the ground to appease the toxic PVP crowd. the game is fun but gosh darn are these devs bad at their jobs.