Ferox stats reset when transforming

On 3/8/2020 at 12:11 AM, slizarus said:

Sadly I can confirm that it doesn't make a difference, I podded/unpodded a girl and she lost levels as she transformed, she even lost her name.

That said, if you get one to transform and not lose levels it'll always be fine and can be cloned/bred. I transformed that one's babies and they didn't lose levels, but I've heard some people having trouble with babies too. So it's just kinda luck of the draw

It appears they are always at least a bit unstable, because I just transformed my level 250 and it is now level 203 with 47 levels to add.  I have used this Ferox a few times, and it gained back the levels I spent on it.  Was a 135, either way it is really friggin weird.  Don't know if that means they will potentially lose the levels totally, but mine were refunded.

I'm guessing it has something to do with having two blueprints for one creature.  Normal creatures have 1, but the Ferox has shapeshifter_small and shapeshifter_large.  I'm guessing the TE and bonus levels are a discrete part of the dino-code and subject to be  "forgotten" by the system during blueprint transfer.  (blueprint in the UE4 code is different from blueprints that make saddles). 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tested it and it works. Its cheaper element wise as well lol.. And I've seen that they don't always bug out whenever they transform, so the idea is to get all the stats you want, breed em, then

I have 2, one was cryopodded.  Un-podded, leveled melee 5 levels, transformed, no loss of bonus levels.  The other was never cryopodded, uploaded, or leveled.  I transformed her and she lost all bonus

Sadly I can confirm that it doesn't make a difference, I podded/unpodded a girl and she lost levels as she transformed, she even lost her name.   That said, if you get one to transform and n

It appears they are always at least a bit unstable, because I just transformed my level 250 and it is now level 203 with 47 levels to add.  I have used this Ferox a few times, and it gained back the levels I spent on it.  Was a 135, either way it is really friggin weird.  Don't know if that means they will potentially lose the levels totally, but mine were refunded.
I'm guessing it has something to do with having two blueprints for one creature.  Normal creatures have 1, but the Ferox has shapeshifter_small and shapeshifter_large.  I'm guessing the TE and bonus levels are a discrete part of the dino-code and subject to be  "forgotten" by the system during blueprint transfer.  (blueprint in the UE4 code is different from blueprints that make saddles). 
Is there any difference if u level up a ferox while in its large state instead of small?

OK, another "cool" thing with Ferox transformation stat-alterings...

I transformed a Female to max out her addiction, shes a wild-tame.  She lost two points in HP.  Not a huge deal, but went from 41 to 39 points.  At the same time, her level INCREASED by 3, because she went from level 225 to level 228.  I didn't perfectly record all her stats right off because I'm expecting these to remain a complete crap-shoot in terms of stability between transforms, so I don't know where the 3 levels came from.

So her full story is:  She was tamed at level 150, and came out 222.  I podded her, and after a day, I un-podded her and leveled her melee damage 3 points, making her a level 225.  Then I transformed her for the first time and she went to level 228, and lost 2 points in HP.

@Cedric what is the deal with these things?  It's kinda hard to take them seriously as tames if they can't be trusted to be stable.

Something strange I've noticed is that the Ferox have wasted points when they are first tamed, per the Awesome Spyglass and the Admin Rifle on Creative Mode.  When the very first initial transformation happens, the best way I can put it is...  The stats randomize slightly.

The speed stat seems to roll into the melee stat, and then the rest of the stats go up or down.  On the one I'm looking at (a wild 150, tamed with berries) right now, it has a random assortment of stat changes upon its first transformation.  Some went up.  Some went down.  One went down by 8.  Speed went to zero.  Melee increased 38 points.

@Cedric, this is bizarre, man.

EDIT:  I'm wanting to do more research about this tomorrow.  But the Crunch says changes are a-coming, so hopefully that means they are ironing it out.  Time will tell.

Edited by TheDonn

I noticed  in the tribe logs that when the ferox transforms the logs show you claimed a ferox at the level is transformed at,  however when it reverted back  it kept all of its levels., but i think it lost some of its melee,  just gonna set the server back before i transformed it and cryo it until we hear official word from WC

That's interesting Scipizoa, I didn't notice that before!

Yeah still experiencing this bug post today's patch. Sure, remove berry taming, leave in crippling stat resets lol.

I've been using the S+ mutator to force their breeding without getting big so I can keep churning out ones with the stats I want, occasionally transforming a few for use when I need them but I still have 30+ in cryopods for when the bug is fixed.

I uh, may have gone overboard on breeding the cuties, I just wish they'd get fixed :(

2 hours ago, slizarus said:

That's interesting Scipizoa, I didn't notice that before!

Yeah still experiencing this bug post today's patch. Sure, remove berry taming, leave in crippling stat resets lol.

I've been using the S+ mutator to force their breeding without getting big so I can keep churning out ones with the stats I want, occasionally transforming a few for use when I need them but I still have 30+ in cryopods for when the bug is fixed.

I uh, may have gone overboard on breeding the cuties, I just wish they'd get fixed :(

this is why i keep trying to raise awareness, this seems like one of the bugs that like to fly under the devs radar and it cripples the ferox.

Ferox Breeding Bug/Exploit

So I play on unofficial with max dino level raised to 300. I have started breeding Ferox and there is an obvious issue with the transformation bug. Let met explain.

I started out with my best melee stat being 140 and my best health stats being 75.

I first got a male with both stats combined. 75 Health 140 Melee.

After getting my first female with both stats combined, I tried breeding those two together. BUT before being able to breed, i need to transform the female at least once.

After transforming the female, all the stats change. Notably health went down to 60 but melee went up to 150.

Breed it again with the first male, now I have Ferox with 75 Health and 150 Melee.

Do this a couple of time... My Ferox are now at 90 health and 176 Melee.

Its great for getting better stats, but it makes it impossible to establish a breeding pair.

This is still a major bug. If WC could give us any sort of news on this, would be great.... don’t hold out much hope though. 

dunno how many others are having this problem but since the berry tame fix, I can’t even tame ferox with element. It just eats element, transforms, rinse and repeat... but no taming bar, nothing. A waste of 7-10 element and I just gave up. 

not to even mention the crazy random stat change when transforming or losing/gaining levels. I’ve been keeping mine podded in hopes that one day WC will give us a fix. So disappointing. Loved the ferox. But it’s just so broken it’s not even worth it now.

AND they cant even breed anymore for me, got the female to 100% put both on mate and it said they were mating but there was no mating progress bar and eventually it just stopped without the female beginning to gestate. no gestation bar, nothing. GOD WHY IS THE FEROX SO UTTERLY BROKEN!! imprinting is broken, breeding is broken, taming is broken, stats are broken, levels are broken, literally everything about it is broken! did they not test this creature whatsoever before release and subsequent patches!?

EDIT: baby just randomly popped out with no prior indication, guess just the gestation and mating bars are broken but not the breeding itself

EDIT EDIT: raised and imprinted the baby then transformed it, the stats still randomised but the imprint stayed! this could be a lucky accident (i heard one guy saying that sometimes imprint stays sometimes it dosent) or it could be working!

Edited by TigerH99
5 hours ago, slizarus said:

Still terribly bugged, my sister tamed a 180, tamed to 180, after podding and unpodding it went to 270, then when she transformed it, it went back to 180.

Have they even acknowledged these bugs?

Same here, tamed a wild 145 - was 145 when tamed. Cryoed it and it went to lvl 216, uncryoed it and transformed it - went back to lvl 145 

From the latest patchnotes:

Fixed a damage exploit with Ferox

Ferox should now keep its imprint buff when in large form

--

Well that technically should solve the damage dump from the movement speed, and large form will keep imprint.

Now we'll just need to confirm if the total stat reshuffle (Even into Health, etc) and the Level bug have been fixed.

4 hours ago, Cosequin said:

Doubtful that the stat change has been fixed. If they'd give us any news on that, even just to say "working on it" or "not working on it", would be a relief to know at this point.

Ya, just tested it and the stat change isnt fixed. it also gets 100% on first imprint now for me when before it only got 33%.

On 3/14/2020 at 2:45 PM, Lancelot2 said:

Ferox Breeding Bug/Exploit

So I play on unofficial with max dino level raised to 300. I have started breeding Ferox and there is an obvious issue with the transformation bug. Let met explain.

I started out with my best melee stat being 140 and my best health stats being 75.

I first got a male with both stats combined. 75 Health 140 Melee.

After getting my first female with both stats combined, I tried breeding those two together. BUT before being able to breed, i need to transform the female at least once.

After transforming the female, all the stats change. Notably health went down to 60 but melee went up to 150.

Breed it again with the first male, now I have Ferox with 75 Health and 150 Melee.

Do this a couple of time... My Ferox are now at 90 health and 176 Melee.

Its great for getting better stats, but it makes it impossible to establish a breeding pair.

Think its patched now, doesnt work for me anymore, or I am doing something wrong. 

4 hours ago, Carnaldecay85 said:

there is no bar to be seen when mating and yesterday a ferox was invisible. and this one had an invisible twin

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2035953798

i have now the screenshot  from the invisible tween this problem after feed element

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2037076778

On 4/2/2020 at 6:09 AM, Aschran said:

They surely know as everyone been sending reports.

A Ferox that loose his taming bonus lvl is  kinda important for players

well now the small ferox stats will stay the same even after first transformation BUT the big ferox stats are still distributed differently! new baby in small form always have the 37 stamn, 41 food, and 37 health even post transformation but the large form  has 45 stam and worse everything else. the stat distribution in small form is now compeletely different and seprate from large form making breeding STILL worthless for them since why would you pay 21 element to have good stats only in the small shoulder form but not the large combat form. your basically stuck with what amounts to spending 21 element to breed jerboas

Edited by TigerH99

Its only visual, but  the  stats and levels are good from what  I could see, its only the floating name that is not aware of it.

i have tamed a lvl 30 that gave me a lvl 45  and it show lvl 30 but when i kileld it  thinking it was bugged,  it said i killed a lvl 45 lol

and if you take it out of a cryo it will give back its real lvl,  

---

Edit: Yeah no nevermind the bug is still there indeed,  my Ferox loose all its lvl up and always revert  back to  how it was before being tamed if i give it an element and turn it in  big form..

Edited by Aschran