Ferox stats reset when transforming

Ferox stats reset and lose imprint when first transforming

tamed a male ferox that had 74 melee, 28 stam, food, and oxygen along with 34 weight, 31 health and 0 speed post transformation (didnt look at wild level pretransformation), then tamed another female ferox, i  then transfer them to my island map, when i transformed the female one, it went from level 224 to 150 post transformation (i am guessing this is because i transfered it before transforming it), i then breed them till i had one with all of the stats of the male except weight one then i transformed it to get it to max addiction for breeding BUT when i did transform it, its stats completely randomized and are now completely different from the parents.

from what i can tell, their stats (wild levels) completely change upon their first ever transformation and if you transfer them before their first ever transformation then they reset to the level they were before taming.

this makes it impossible to tell if they are good or not before taming AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, makes breeding useless for them because there stats are redistributed upon first transformation

EDIT, tried imprint them to see if that would sort of cement in place their stats and they just lost the imprint too

EDIT, they no longer lose imprint (that was fixed a few months ago i think) but everything else is still borked, stats still randomize, some ferox still revert to wild level (even if you dont transfer, that wasnt the cause it turns out), and they can still clip into the ground for a sec and get despawned as a result during the taming process- 9/17/2020

Edited by TigerH99
spelling correction and update
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I tested it and it works. Its cheaper element wise as well lol.. And I've seen that they don't always bug out whenever they transform, so the idea is to get all the stats you want, breed em, then

I have 2, one was cryopodded.  Un-podded, leveled melee 5 levels, transformed, no loss of bonus levels.  The other was never cryopodded, uploaded, or leveled.  I transformed her and she lost all bonus

Sadly I can confirm that it doesn't make a difference, I podded/unpodded a girl and she lost levels as she transformed, she even lost her name.   That said, if you get one to transform and n

I had this happen too. You tame them then after their first transformation their stats change. It happens with the babies too, when you breed them and they transform their stats completely change from the parent's. My bloodstalkers levels are all messed up too, for some reason a 225 and 233 are producing 256 babies if they have all the best stats from both parents, it should be about 235-236 not 256. 

4 hours ago, Delenca said:

It is seriously annoying I thought they could be a useful tame. Bred a 145 and a 150. Imprinted them. Then took it to battle and an X rex almost killed it. 

When it transformed it lost half damage and hp. And without the imprint buff for reduced damage with no saddle it was so weak.

Not to mention the flying bug with it.

well for the saddle part you could use a helmet anyway, an ascendent helmet could be arguably better then a saddle. yes, it can break BUT it can have up to 500+ armor, so it balances out, also it can were helmets skins, the clown fits too perfectly and makes the small version look like stitch from lilo and stich with a clown head and the large version look like a muscular 4 armed demon clown of death.

Helmets seem to break very fast maybe something to do with the damage scaling bugs atm well armor in general. 

I tried to do a Rex Beta run with a high durability 450 armor helmet I was being hit for almost 1.2k per attack. It was shredding me hardcore I would have lost it if a friend wasn't there with an X Allo. And without the ability to imprint the Stats are just plain bad. The HP is total trash I'd probs have like 12k with all leveling points in it. Also it seems Ferox level weirdly I got 5 levels from the beta Rex run which that friend I was with uses it to almost instant max out his tames levels. It is looking like Ferox have a much lower amount of levels they can get once tamed/bred. 

Same problem on my hand.

Tamed two Ferox yesterday by knockout. A level 140 and 145 and both came out beyond level 200 post-tame.
As soon as I gave them Element, they dropped to level 140 and stayed at that level once they reverted back to normal.

Pretty sure this is a bug. I can't believe it would be intended and if so, what's the point of taming a high level one if only to lose levels after?!?!?

10 hours ago, HandyHanderson said:

Is anyone able to test if an S+ Mutator's "allow breeding" pulse lets them breed without having to transform the female?

no but isnt the point of breeding them to get a strong baby thats powerful to transform, even if you use the mutator to skip the transforming part thus allowing you to breed lines. eventually when you finallly finish, you still wont be able to use then end product.

On 3/3/2020 at 11:55 PM, TigerH99 said:

no but isnt the point of breeding them to get a strong baby thats powerful to transform, even if you use the mutator to skip the transforming part thus allowing you to breed lines. eventually when you finallly finish, you still wont be able to use then end product.

I tested it and it works. Its cheaper element wise as well lol..

And I've seen that they don't always bug out whenever they transform, so the idea is to get all the stats you want, breed em, then have spares to try and hulk out. That way if they bug out, you have another..

And maby by the time we finish the breeding lines, they will have fixed it.. prob not tho.. its WC..

Edited by HandyHanderson
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, HandyHanderson said:

I tested it and it works. Its cheaper element wise as well lol..

And I've seen that they don't always bug out whenever they transform, so the idea is to get all the stats you want, breed em, then have spares to try and hulk out. That way if they bug out, you have another..

do the wild level ups of the baby in its hulk form stay the same as the parents in there hulk form?

Just now, Jacobburt975 said:

Is this still happening ?, I have a pair of 150s cryopoded and scared to throw them out and transform if they are gonna lose their levels

I have 2, one was cryopodded.  Un-podded, leveled melee 5 levels, transformed, no loss of bonus levels.  The other was never cryopodded, uploaded, or leveled.  I transformed her and she lost all bonus levels.

I'm gonna repeat the test to see if I can get repeated results, but my hypothesis is:  Cryopod/uncryopod and level before initial transformation to ensure no loss.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TheDonn said:

I have 2, one was cryopodded.  Un-podded, leveled melee 5 levels, transformed, no loss of bonus levels.  The other was never cryopodded, uploaded, or leveled.  I transformed her and she lost all bonus levels.

I'm gonna repeat the test to see if I can get repeated results, but my hypothesis is:  Cryopod/uncryopod and level before initial transformation to ensure no loss.

Ok thanks, let me know if that is the case and I will try that myself ?

Sadly I can confirm that it doesn't make a difference, I podded/unpodded a girl and she lost levels as she transformed, she even lost her name.

That said, if you get one to transform and not lose levels it'll always be fine and can be cloned/bred. I transformed that one's babies and they didn't lose levels, but I've heard some people having trouble with babies too. So it's just kinda luck of the draw

• Sad 1
20 hours ago, slizarus said:

Sadly I can confirm that it doesn't make a difference, I podded/unpodded a girl and she lost levels as she transformed, she even lost her name.

That said, if you get one to transform and not lose levels it'll always be fine and can be cloned/bred. I transformed that one's babies and they didn't lose levels, but I've heard some people having trouble with babies too. So it's just kinda luck of the draw

ya, i get mine to transform and keep the levels just fine, its just that the stats get redistributed around and imprint isnt kept.