Game looks horrible after Genesis update

Wikus

Game looks horrible after Genesis update

Hi all , I play the PC Steam version and after the Genesis update the game looks absolutely horrible. All the textures are terrible. They look like OG Xbox textures.
And it's everything , environment , structures , dinos , everything the textures looks very very bad.
I did redo my settings as the update wiped all settings of the game , and some of my graphics settings I even have higher now than before the update. But it still looks terrible.
Looks like WC made a huge downgrade on all textures to accommodate Genesis. Has anybody else noticed this ? Just me ?

I run a GTX1070Ti 8GB , 32GB Ram , I5 CPU. I have almost everything on Epic setting.

1 hour ago, Baklap said:

After adjusting the settings back to how they were, the game looks the same as before.

Gtx1060 here.

Are you sure everything is like it was before? Maybe the resolution scaling is still low?

Yes. Like I am saying for a 3rd time now. I changed it all back the same way it was. ( I made screenshots of my settings previously when I got it the way I wanted it so I was able to check that everything is exactly the same again ). That made no difference though , so I  then even changed most settings up higher than before but still no difference.
Resolution is correct. As for the other settings I mostly ran high on them previously and now I have them up to epic on most of them and still the game looks crap.

1 hour ago, bedbug said:

Using geforce experience and optimizing ark again worked for me.the in game settings are ineffective for some reason.

Did you do the automatic nvidia thing or manual settings? 

1 hour ago, Wikus said:

Yes. Like I am saying for a 3rd time now. I changed it all back the same way it was. ( I made screenshots of my settings previously when I got it the way I wanted it so I was able to check that everything is exactly the same again ). That made no difference though , so I  then even changed most settings up higher than before but still no difference.
Resolution is correct. As for the other settings I mostly ran high on them previously and now I have them up to epic on most of them and still the game looks crap.

Maybe you need to reinstall the game? Just a suggestion? Maybe the update broke something? 

22 minutes ago, Glydyr said:

Did you do the automatic nvidia thing or manual settings? 

Maybe you need to reinstall the game? Just a suggestion? Maybe the update broke something? 

Manual settings.

I did the Automatic Geforce Experience once a long time ago and I was advised to not do that again and rather do the settings manually as the automatic geforce way doesn't do the settings correctly. I guess I could give that a go and see what happens. Nothing to loose at this point. If Geforce experience auto doesn't help I can easily put it back manually again.

20 minutes ago, Wikus said:

**sigh** I'm Saying it for the 4th time now , I ALREADY RECONFIGURED MY GRAPHICS SETTINGS.

open ark, just go to options where the graphic settings are and

pull the slider for RESOLUTION SCALE all the way to the right.

you might have to search for this slider 2 minutes because it is so unorganized in the ui

have a good one.

56 minutes ago, PhotekPlays said:

you might have to search for this slider 2 minutes because it is so unorganized in the ui

have a good one.

This sounds like a good lead , and the first thing I wanted to do now when I got home. Unfortunately this rubbish game now just keeps crashing with a fatal error after today's update. Now the game doesn't even work at all anymore

4 hours ago, Wikus said:

This sounds like a good lead , and the first thing I wanted to do now when I got home. Unfortunately this rubbish game now just keeps crashing with a fatal error after today's update. Now the game doesn't even work at all anymore

just verify the data in steam, go rightclick on ark, properties and you are looking for an option with repair or verify.

15 hours ago, PhotekPlays said:

just verify the data in steam, go rightclick on ark, properties and you are looking for an option with repair or verify.

Already did that , doesn't help. I even removed all my mods and tried running the game without any mods but that doesn't work either.
Fatal error crash on all maps. ( I play single player btw ). Yesterdays update just completely broke all my maps. Can't load any 1 of them.
The update somehow corrupted something in every one of my maps. Only Center loads as I have about nothing in that map.
So it looks like I am done with Ark. I am not going to wipe all my maps and redo 4 years of work. Thank you Genesis.

@PhotekPlays , for what it's worth , when I got home yesterday I saw that slider you mentioned , mine was at 90%. I maxed it , but I don't know if that would have
solved my textures problem due to not being able to load any of my maps anymore.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:58 PM, PhotekPlays said:

have a good one.

Ok I finally found the issue with my maps not loading and fixed it !! ?

So now back to this issue and I can finally confirm that slider was indeed my issue. Mine was about 90%. I maxed it and it makes the world of difference. My game looks beautiful again. Amazing the difference something small like that makes. Thank you @PhotekPlays

2 hours ago, Wikus said:

So now back to this issue and I can finally confirm that slider was indeed my issue. Mine was about 90%. I maxed it and it makes the world of difference. My game looks beautiful again. Amazing the difference something small like that makes. Thank you @PhotekPlays

np buddy, cya

On 2/28/2020 at 9:57 AM, Baklap said:

After adjusting the settings back to how they were, the game looks the same as before.

Gtx1060 here.

Are you sure everything is like it was before? Maybe the resolution scaling is still low?

On 2/28/2020 at 11:20 AM, Wikus said:

Yes. Like I am saying for a 3rd time now. I changed it all back the same way it was. ( I made screenshots of my settings previously when I got it the way I wanted it so I was able to check that everything is exactly the same again ).

5 hours ago, Wikus said:

Thats what i was saying, but like you said alot of times in here, it cant be your settings because you changed it all back like it was.

Next time make sure everything is actually like it used to be, before you start screaming..

Archived