Please provide proper update time

Demigod

Received a message on Official Servers saying, "In approximately 15 minutes, ark servers will be down for 15 minutes." Or something of that nature. Less than 5 seconds later, a server message popped up saying "...", which was followed by the server promptly shutting down 20 seconds later.

I am fortunate that I was in my base when this happened. Had I actually decided to do something during that "15 minute" interval, I would have been stuck out in the wild and would likely die and lose my things.

Please, Wild Card. Do not immediately shut down servers following a warning that says it will happen in 15 minutes. Things like this contribute to people quitting Ark altogether. This is not going in the bug reports section because it is not a bug. This is simply a misleading warning to players. I am only mildly frustrated but I can only imagine how other people would feel if they decided to go do things when they were told they had 15 minutes to accomplish a task. 

2 minutes ago, Demigod said:

Received a message on Official Servers saying, "In approximately 15 minutes, ark servers will be down for 15 minutes." Or something of that nature. Less than 5 seconds later, a server message popped up saying "...", which was followed by the server promptly shutting down 20 seconds later.

I am fortunate that I was in my base when this happened. Had I actually decided to do something during that "15 minute" interval, I would have been stuck out in the wild and would likely die and lose my things.

Please, Wild Card. Do not immediately shut down servers following a warning that says it will happen in 15 minutes. Things like this contribute to people quitting Ark altogether. This is not going in the bug reports section because it is not a bug. This is simply a misleading warning to players. I am only mildly frustrated but I can only imagine how other people would feel if they decided to go do things when they were told they had 15 minutes to accomplish a task. 

There are 3 time advices:

15 minutes, 10 minutes and 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, canojuancho said:

There are 3 time advices:

15 minutes, 10 minutes and 5 minutes.

I'm aware, but not this time. Server went down immediately following the 15 minute message. Happened yesterday too but it wasn't immediate, about three or four minutes after the 15 minute message. Only a single warning.

there are 4. sometimes it's 25mins.

and sometimes there's a final message saying they are bringing the server down now.

the problem isn't about those messages. the problem is what happens when you log in after the final message is put out and before the weird .. pops up(it like there's a character count limit and therefore got split into 2 announcements)

and then you get kicked off

these messages needs to have a timestamp and show up upon login

Agreed they ought to make it so updates go through at a special time, and announce the updates here/ on twitter days in advance. Like e.g. update time could be midnights on Monday or Thursdays. And those silly little warnings would be more of reminders than notice, unless you as a player forget what day it is/ never checked twitter, in that cause it's a notice to you, but everyone who gives a poop would be expecting the update and could act accordingly (only playing in a base for that time, holding off hatching a new baby, etc.)

Server Announcements

I understand because of Genesis and all the restarts. But the server will just go offline at wrong time announcement suggests leaving people on official pvp super vulnerable. For example, it will say in 15 min. & go down 1 minute later. Or vice versa it will not go down in 15 minutes but 45 mins later?

Archived