Elcerain

PS4 Single player settings reset every time I return to my game since dlc update

Single player on PS4

Hi. I used to play ARK on pc. I wanted to give single player a try with some friends, but while playing, we couldn't move away from each other because we'd be pulled in the direction of the owner of the domain. I want to know if the same happens on the PS4 version. Anyone know if this one has the same problem?

I know that on PC, you can turn off the teleporting to some degree (there are certain zones that TP regardless) by changing the host tether distance option. I don't know if such an option exists on console, but it might be worth looking for in case it does.

On 2/9/2020 at 8:53 PM, TheEclipseee said:

I know that on PC, you can turn off the teleporting to some degree (there are certain zones that TP regardless) by changing the host tether distance option. I don't know if such an option exists on console, but it might be worth looking for in case it does.

We did increase the distance to the max. But our way of playing is to split up most times to do different tasks. So this makes it very difficult. I don't get why it happens because other games with hosted single player options don't have this.

Yeah, PS4 has split screen tether unfortunately. Not worth the hassle imo. Pretty sure that you can't amend the tether distance either like you can with pc where you can go over the suggested max and essentially have no tether.

Edited by DaveH
more info

Personal Settings are not saving

Obviously, games are going to crash quite a bit following big updates. This wouldnt be such a problem if my in game settings (gui scale, gamma,etc.) didnt reset any time i blue screen or close application. Never used to do this before but it is a major annoyance. Please help if there is a fix

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CptTank said:

Obviously, games are going to crash quite a bit following big updates. This wouldnt be such a problem if my in game settings (gui scale, gamma,etc.) didnt reset any time i blue screen or close application. Never used to do this before but it is a major annoyance. Please help if there is a fix

It seems to be resetting ALL settings. Even the ones on the log-in screen. Like difficulty level and all that. This is frustrating.

Same thing with me. Global settings are also reset every time you restart the game.
Unfortunately, I will have to forget about this game until a fix is released. A huge minus to the developers, for so many years of the existence of Ark and to make such mistakes that completely discourage the desire to play. I bought a game, bought an add-on, waited for this add-on for half a year ... And finally, the add-on came out, as usual with delays, but oh well. We sat down with my son to play and got IT, the son was naturally upset. I had to turn off the game and now we have a feeling that we were deceived ... Not a shame ?

4 hours ago, WafflePancake said:

It seems to be resetting ALL settings. Even the ones on the log-in screen. Like difficulty level and all that. This is frustrating.

Exactly, i dont mind that as much as i mostly play servers (it affects the search settings you had selected too) but when you crash as often as you do, its just infuriating to have to change your settings before you can run to your dead body since youll likely die before loading back and fixing them. Ive had to reset them 10+ times already and ive only played for about 3 or 4 hours.

And further. It’s now impossible to play together in a split screen normally: on the screen of player 1 dark silhouettes of trees are displayed repeating the image on the screen of player 2
And of course, 7-15 FPS is definitely not suitable for a normal game.

Edited by asmatolchik

27 minutes ago, CptTank said:

Exactly, i dont mind that as much as i mostly play servers (it affects the search settings you had selected too) but when you crash as often as you do, its just infuriating to have to change your settings before you can run to your dead body since youll likely die before loading back and fixing them. Ive had to reset them 10+ times already and ive only played for about 3 or 4 hours.

And Wildcard, as usual, is mum on the subject.

I've also noticed this problem... I thought it was just something I would need to reset after the update, but when I started up again today all of the settings (harvest rate, difficulty, etc) were back to "stock" and I had to change them again. It seems like every time you log off, they reset.

33 minutes ago, StickManDude said:

Hey guys was having same issue but think I found a solution ... sort out your settings then load into a different map first (I loaded The Island) then quit back to menu.  For me this saved my settings even after loading into genesis again and then back to menu.  Hope this helps!

Does it save after closing application??

1 hour ago, StickManDude said:

Hey guys was having same issue but think I found a solution ... sort out your settings then load into a different map first (I loaded The Island) then quit back to menu.  For me this saved my settings even after loading into genesis again and then back to menu.  Hope this helps!

That doesn't work. I did about a dozen times and every time I load in all the settings are back to vanilla.

This won't get fixed with a work around, it'll get fixed when WC gets off their butts and fixes it.

5 hours ago, RavenKR said:

Settings not saving

Since the Genesis map downloaded, my general and advanced settings for the game are not saving. Every time I reopen the game I have to redo everything.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Yes I'm having this same issue. PS4 single player settings reset after exiting game.

On 2/26/2020 at 8:29 AM, CptTank said:

This isn't new for me I have had these things happen every time a new map comes since ragnarok I think so Im used to it by now. The only thing you can do is hope that they fix it soon because we can't do anything it's a problem with their servers or something I guess. 

General and Advanced settings not saving!

Literally I have to update my settings (started when Genesis was downloaded) for all maps time after time, when I turn on the game (PS4). This is frustrating to have to do this every single time. Also, there seems to be a glitch when you hold the O button as your player will whistle on his/her own. We could have waited more time in order for these issues to be fixed, not to mentioned we invested money in buying this dlc. Overall, not happy!

The update Broke my game

So I have ark on Ps4. I got the genesis doc and realized right away that my Character's stats were pretty much nerfed to default stats. Then I also noticed that all my map settings were reset to default. So I reset them and saved it. But when I turned it back on my settings and character's stats were nerfed again...... fix it!