PS4 Single player settings reset every time I return to my game since dlc update

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every time i log in the game my single player configurations reset. Not only rates, HUD options too.

Yeah freaking ridiculous been that way since genesis came out! They have had plenty of time and updates to have fixed the issue. Sick and tired of having to redo all my settings!!! @ Wildcard Games fi

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SinfulGrey said:

CptTank, change your settings to whatever you desire. Load up a non dedicated session. Exit, then load up single player. Should fix the issue. 

Edit: Just tested this and it doesn't work for me on PS4. I heard it worked for other people though. 

As I have stated, this will not be fixed with a work-around. It'll require a patch from Wildcard. And I'm guessing this fix wasn't in the last update ps4 players got.

Throwing in my 2 cents, this is happening to me on PC as well, along with my computer crashing when i close the game.  It also decided to simply stop loading my survivor this morning, so i lost ALL my progress.  Typical Ark.  poop like this keeps me from recommending any of the games new content to friends.  "Yeah man it's only 35$ and it will piss you off HARDCORE!  Like stroke level pissed off!  On the regular!  It's great!"  ...  -_-

On 3/13/2020 at 12:10 PM, Trekky said:

As far as I know the settings bug is not a general game bug, so Wildcard does bother even less than for game bugs. It is a bug in the PS4 conversion of the game which is done by Abstraction, and they care even less about the quality of their work than Wildcard (I just say : ARK on Nintendo Switch). I stopped holding my breath for such a crucial fix long ago...

i have ark on switch and ps4. wow the switch version is garbage, non stop crashing and loosing progress. none of the game settings for advanced ever saved even once. so every time it crashed which was constantly you had to manually adjust those settings again. and not a single patch to fix any of this on the switch. the ps4 version was great compared to this until genesis came out and all of the issues with split screen co op and the settings not saving. now it's just like playing it on the switch with all the problems. i will continue supporting this game assuming they fix these problems on the consoles not including the switch. but this is the last game i buy from wild card studios.

single player problems since patch. can at wild card at least acknowledge this?

since the genesis patch there have been many new problems in ark single player and split screen. the settings are not saving so they have to be reset every time you start ark back up which takes a very long time. when you hit the circle button it whistle commands all to follow, which leaves a huge piled up mess of dinos that takes a very long time to "park them" back where you want them. split screen is now showing a shadow of what the second player is seeing on the first players screen and makes it extremely hard to see whats going on in the first players screen. and the game crashes when you go to exit it. i know this is the topic for multiple other threads but please wild card at least acknowledge that you have been made aware of this. the radio silence is so frustrating. this game has quickly become my favorite game of all time. and the thought that these problems may not get fixed because you don't know about them is very frustrating. 

• Like 1

Maps still resetting in Single Player

Hello all I've seen many discussions about this we are now in 2020 and the maps on arks are all resetting. I've explored all of my Island maps had my bases pinned and they are all gone and my Valugero map and my scorched Earth map.....disappeared as well. I thought this was only Abberation that did this to be honest. Has anyone found a fix yet. 

• Like 1

We agree! We were totally bummed when we did not get on board with this game earlier! We jumped in to 7 days to die an had a good time an finally said ok lets try that ark game there no way we wouldnt like it. Def our favorite game. An would greatly qppreciate any news posted if you here as well. So far the update from last night didnt seem to address anything an are experiencing the exact same issues. We are also getting save points that mean nothing. Leveling up our character and dinos doesnt even save. Pointless to play an we have had to resort to playing qnything else for the time prqying to see a video posted from loaded crysis on you tube or phlinger....or even just 1 post here saying ok we are aware an will look into it......just help something!

I am frustraded and hope Wildcard fixes those issues as soon as possible. Here my list of bugs I experienced:

-After buying, downloading and instaling the genesis DLC, the game kept on telling me I need to instal the DLC in order to play the DLC. After restarting the PS4, it finally worked.

-Singleplayer server setting have to be reset everytime you start the game. This happend with past updates as well, so I have trouble to understand how it happend again.

-Some sever settings like "Resource respawn rate" does not take effect, at least on the genesis map. It leaves the map empty of resources as the singleplayer server stops when you don't play.

-The wistle function has dinos follow you randomly, which creates a huge mess in the dino parking lot. Or worse, dinos follow you out of the base and get killed.

-Collected explorer notes all got deleted. My character had all notes from all maps and tamed all dinos, now all is gone and I don't get the affiliated skins after death anymore. I hope I don't have to get them all over again, that was so many hours of gameplay ruined. Or at least, add an console command which enlocks all notes at once.

-The handheld map (and respawn map) gets deleted everytime you login. No point in using it as you can't see where you are and where the areas are that you haven't explored yet. An option in the server settings or a console command to reveal the map would help.

-The race missions on genesis can not be beaten over gamma level, the time limit is way to short. Therefore, you can't fight the boss.

-When you start a raid with trop pods or element nodes on extincion, the game crashes imediatly. You have to avoid those raids as they start automatically when you are near the pods/nodes.

All over, I am very disapointed. At first I was happy to get new content, now I am frustrated and angry. I paid 35.00 CHF for an expansion which is broken and broke the rest of the game along with it. It is borderline unplayable. The only thing I do at the moment is build bases on my creative mode ragnarock map, but this gets boring fast.

Please Wildcard, fix it, fast! And please, at least give a statement you know about those issues. And for the future, I don't mind if I have to wait longer for a new DLC, but make sure it works, so you don't have to deal with emergency fixes afterwards. I hope this reaches somebody at Wildcard...

This is still happening for me... the only thing that prevents it is to not quit the application when I'm done playing. I just exit to the main menu and leave the PS4 in power save mode, never quitting the application. This will keep my settings, but eventually my textures will get wonky and I have to exit/close the application and restart... then reset all of my personal settings again. Getting SUPER sick of this.

Ever since last patch wife and i cant even get into the servers we play because they are not there! Wife tried to make new toon and  always kept timing out we both validated files what feels like a million times. Re downloads 5 files  EVERY time. I even resorted to uninstall and reinstall.  i have 7600+ hours and NEVER have had this happen. Submitted a ticket and  i got the usual canned reply. we have received your ticket blah blah blah blah.  WOW really Wild Card????  sigh 

10 hours ago, JNoble said:

This is still happening for me... the only thing that prevents it is to not quit the application when I'm done playing. I just exit to the main menu and leave the PS4 in power save mode, never quitting the application. This will keep my settings, but eventually my textures will get wonky and I have to exit/close the application and restart... then reset all of my personal settings again. Getting SUPER sick of this.

The last PS4 patch didn't fix it. We'll have to hope the next one does.

Sorry for my englis, this not my mother tongue. Its happend on ps4 too, when im login in the game on my filters for finding/joining or simply resarch a server, needed to be always be reset again and again. It took me for my painting like 6 hours to make them on my server and i need always to restor them. When i log in, i need to re select things like hidden my hat always. Also, Ferox dissapear when there not in cyopod! But this one its probably a another topic. Flyers cant be used anymore and i dont understand why wildcard implant them on genesis if we cant used it. Dont understand why when we wisle, its automaticly wisle follow one. When wildcard gonna patch this? Not to pressur you guys, just wanna have axproximative date. Thanks you for youre effort Wildcard and keep going! We all count on you in this pademic world crisis (on my country we are on quarentine and youre game is the only thing that keep my mind and myself safe) ;)

Sheesh why is this still not fixed!  How hard is it to enable our settings to save?
Frustrating my 'fix' was so specific at the time ... yes it's good that now the game doesn't wipe all settings when simply quitting back to main menu from Genesis... but when I play with such customised settings in my own private servers and play pve almost every evening with friends and family it is seriously frustrating having to adjust every slider before any game session.

So yeah ... can we have basic game functions fixed please.

Settings of Ark

Hi, I have noticed that after downloading the genesis expansion pack my settings on single player have changed to default. My question is that what impact would this have on my tamed creatures stats and would I need to change them before I continue to play. The main settings that I had changed were setting in the advanced section that changed my creatures health and attack such as affinity, percentage and add per level. Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, Spinodaman said:

Settings of Ark

Hi, I have noticed that after downloading the genesis expansion pack my settings on single player have changed to default. My question is that what impact would this have on my tamed creatures stats and would I need to change them before I continue to play. The main settings that I had changed were setting in the advanced section that changed my creatures health and attack such as affinity, percentage and add per level. Thanks in advance.

Will you need to change the settings back to your custom settings? Look at your settings for the answer. Have they changed from your preference? If so, then yes, you’ll need to change them. If you’re on a private server, such as Nitrado, then your settings will be safe. Though you will need to change the basic options (music, volume, camera shake, etc). 

Yes your creature taming settings will be affected if you’re playing solo/local, but because the game effectively pause when you log off from solo, then your creatures will be fine. However, again if solo, you’ll  need to change the taming settings before you play again. 

Ps4 Since Genesis, Ark Rules keep resetting

Hello, ever since the Genesis map came out my Ark Rules for PS4 have been resetting every time I open up Ark. I can open up to different maps and the rules will stay set how I like them, but the moment I close the Ark application and open it back up everything is reset. I have started playing less because it is EXTREMELY annoying to type everything back in. I have a bad feeling I will need to delete Ark and reinstall it so I'm hoping that someone has another solution other than this last resort (I'm not even sure if that would work...).

Tired Andy Griffith GIF by TV Land ClassicPlease help

Single player server settings won’t stop defaulting!

I just bought genesis today. Wasn’t even playing the map I was on the island. The server settings reseted the first time I booted the game after downloading everything for genesis, thinking it was a minor issue I persisted to play with my same settings. I exit to the main menu to force a save, then turned off the ps4, but once I rebooted everything the server settings AND pause menu setting defaulted........This is a complete game breaker for me since I only play single player so I refuse to play this game until this ? gets fixed!!!

I have not lost any of my explorer notes due to the settings reset on PS4, but..

When I played my first server game the other day, I created a new survivor and launched the game when I noticed two things:

1.  When I looked at my map, the whole map was unrevealed as if I had discovered the whole island.

2.  There were some explorer notes already in my inventory, even though I had started a brand new game.  When I actually discover the pots/boxes that those particular notes were in, I still get the XP boost, but the note doesn't open up, unless I go into my inventory and manually read them.  Any notes I haven't got do act as normal when I find them.

I am not sure if that is a common thing with the private servers.