Genesis Missions too unbalanced/broken

Genesis Missions too unbalanced/broken

I don't know if Wildcard ever paid attention to the quality of the DLC when they released it, but they made the difficulty way too difficult. Plus some of the missions, ex. Spy Vs Spino, are completely broken. A friend and I tried doing the example mission above, and only I could track the footprints, and even then, half way through the mission, we lose the trail and the game has no explanation. The trail suddenly stopped. Wildcard needs to patch their DLC in the next few updates as soon as possible.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have noticed that some graphic setting actually make the steps less visible,  my teammate  could see the tracks  but not their color last week, he changed  some of his settings, i dont know which and now he can see everything,  

I have also seen the problem with the tracks,  I think sometimes one will light green but  will be not counted, you have to walk on them all until you find the one you skipped or the one that is falsely counted.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If indeed you need to activate each track mark, at the very least they could have HLN-A do a voice prompt when the tracks stop showing up. Something like "we've lost the scent, I can't track any further."

Also instead of showing something like 56/127 tracks found, it should be a percentage, with a note that if you go below X% you will lose the track.

complete this mission on every dificulty  2 days back and no have problem with tracking. you must step on every dino footprint. if you miss one  trail stop continue.

dificulty this mission on alfa mod is hard. and miision is for 1- 10 ppl- i need see wo complete this mission on alfa mod in one ppl. on normal rate server. xd  many missions is hardcore and here stop every fun. for alfa boss you need 161 missions complete and for small tribe = 2 ppl this is realy pain and no fun.

I have done every one of the tracking missions, some of them several times and have had this happen on occasion.

Here is what I have done to complete them:

For tracks stopping, it is likely at the end before doing 1 of the 3 combat portions, but the brute wandered out of the area and disappeared.  This is easy to miss because you are looking down all the time at the tracks.  When that happens, leave the area and get out of vis-range.  Then make a bee line back to the last found tracks and the brute will likely be there to battle.  I have found that this happens the most on the spino, sarco and plesiosaur missions.

For not being able to see tracks that are there, do the missions at the darkest time of day.  For the arctic and lunar missions, the tracks are really hard to see in day but really easy to see at night.  If you are dedicated to running those missions in the day time, set your gamma to 1 or 0 to better see the tracks.  For the bog missions, having a little altitude helps you better differentiate between underwater tracks and water-lilies.  The tracks are under the water, and being on a tall mount makes them easier to spot.

For the alpha missions, I was able to solo some of them with a good giga (+good saddle): raptor, deer, bloodstalker, rex, ferox.  Watch your rage meter if you have a mediocre saddle.  The other alpha hunts I did with a team of at least 4 without too many problems, but do not take gigas on spino or allo missions.  They might go into rage quicker that you will expect, and that gets exciting.  We did combinations of boss-level rexes, doeds to heal in between fights and yuti for rallying the troops.  Also, a megalosaurus squad at night worked really well too.

Edited by maxplanck58

and this is a genesis ark creator fail. gigantosaur and megalosaur no have spawn on this ark.  so for servers withouth cross? army of  good rexes? ha ha ha, this argument is bad. i have giga with 350 sadle this giga go normal 4500 dmg. on alpha misssion (alo reduction is amazing) giga do to allo 400 per bite. alo to giga 350... funny. in final you obtain percentual dot.i finish this mission in 4 ppl 4 gigas wth same stats one rex as dummy(rex die very fast). gigas have 20-30k hp down. many alpha missions is more and more hardcore than some ark bosses. and missions not designed for dinos on this map.and not designed for small tribes. 1-2 ppl

I am glad you find that amusing tomlutom.  If you want to do all the alpha hunt missions, all you have to do is play with a big enough tribe or play on a server that allows transfers.  Do you think they should nerf the missions just so you can beat the alpha hunts on a no-transfer server with no friends to help?  Many of us have been able to clear all of them on official servers.  Some were risky, some had casualties, but they are alpha missions: we don't play Ark because it is easy.

Edited by maxplanck58

Ark is not known for its balance.  It ranges wildly from unforgiving and unfair for when you start or any time if you are not in the alpha tribe in PvP to easy and mostly unchallenging once you get established in PvE.  I think it is nice that there are now serious challenges that you have to plan for and execute well in order to win.