ArkTheoryApprentice

49 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Something that wasn't already there -- Being us, somewhere that we weren't before.

Hmmm

Hide contents

So, the Feddies and the URE had no ideological incompatibilities, there just wasn't enough room for the both of them on Earth.

Imagine, perhaps, the Feddies went off to somewhere else to either attempt colonization, or... Maybe, the Feddies and URE teamed up to deal with the Corruption. Maybe, they split and decided that the URE would deal with healing Earth, and meanwhile, the Federation would fly off to wherever the element came from. The Feddies would then do attempt to deal with whatever the hell is going on at wherever the element came from, in an attempt to stop it from spreading further and creating more corrupted monstrosities on more worlds, as well as to stop it from ever harming humanity again.

This would justify the GenSim being much more difficult than the Arks. Once we complete the GenSim, it'll send us over to the Feddies (probably using Arat Prime) to help them (or pick up where they, ahem, 'left off')

Not my first guess, but it would fit logically within all known information, and it generally makes sense too. It's clear that they wanted to purge all element from the Earth, so it's only logical that they'd go a step further and make sure that element never rears its head again by attacking it at its source.

A colonization plan is also possible. It would make sense that in an attempt to preserve humanity, they just decided to send some people away from Earth and try to rebuild somewhere else. The GenSim would then be preparing us for the worst possible situation that the nearest habitable planet is in.
Wouldn't it be funny if the element got there first though

I'm not 100% sure, but I think you got the idea I was attempting to tell you. "Colonization". You'll hear this word more than once ;)

And your theory might be true, but I don't have enough information to say so. Perhaps ! But you're on the right way.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HLN-A specifically says that the master AIs for all the biomes except the ocean biome are deleted, and says that only the master ai for the ocean biome (the Moeder) is still existing, and that's because it took itself offline.
I was referring to the master controller, which is different from the master ai that oversee their own biome, that oversees the whole simulation. I know the other 4 master ai are shut down.

13 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

A colonization plan is also possible. It would make sense that in an attempt to preserve humanity, they just decided to send some people away from Earth and try to rebuild somewhere else. The GenSim would then be preparing us for the worst possible situation that the nearest habitable planet is in.
Wouldn't it be funny if the element got there first though

i think you said something about hot and cold in another thread and in my personal opinion this is the hottest take so far ;)

I could be wrong with my own theories tho, so take it with a grain of salt

I found some more interesting glitches, I'll put them here

Spoiler

The simulation is now measuring us for servility (as if we needed more reason to think that Rockwell was training us to be his slaves)

Rockwell (or the CMC) bullies us some more

There are self aware presences in the Simulation that HLN-A has been detecting. She says that the technical name for them is 'Avatars.'

There was an 'invisible camera' watching us. HLN-A explains that while the GenSim is good at collecting general data, it wasn't designed to watch over individual people constantly like that, so a hidden camera is necessary to watch us.

Someone tried to create a holographic companion guide, just like HLN-A...

HLN-A is also starting to sound really mad about Rockwell/CMC talking through her like that. It's understandable. I'd be angry if someone took over me just to bully a friend constantly too.

18 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

>You are being targeted by an Insect Swarm!
lol, that got me

You misunderstand something about how the glitches work though.
The story glitches are gathered in the order you gather them in, regardless of where you get them. Once you find your first story glitch, you unlock story #1, and when you find a second story glitch, you unlock #2 and so on. If I fix 5 story glitches in the bog, then I unlock the story notes 1-5. If, instead, I find 5 story notes in the ocean before finding any in the bog, I'll also unlock 1-5.
The rest of the glitches work normal though. I think.
The point is, if 5 people find all the notes in their own biome and pool all the notes together, they'll still be missing some.

Ah, I did not realize that.

I'm not really gonna go in depth with this thread until I find more glitches today.

Story glitch discovery #38

"That glitch… good news, bad news.
The good news is that I fixed it.
But the bad news is that I saw what’s happening to the survivors that won’t respawn.
The intruder in the system is corrupting them --
turning them into half-alive “avatars” trapped inside artificial bodies.
At some level, they know what’s going on, but they’re under someone else’s control.
Existing survivors are all right, though. For now."

The corrupted master controller gets new minions when survivors die it seems. Those still alive are of no use to him yet.

2 hours ago, Castlerock said:

Story glitch discovery #38

"That glitch… good news, bad news.
The good news is that I fixed it.
But the bad news is that I saw what’s happening to the survivors that won’t respawn.
The intruder in the system is corrupting them --
turning them into half-alive “avatars” trapped inside artificial bodies.
At some level, they know what’s going on, but they’re under someone else’s control.
Existing survivors are all right, though. For now."

The corrupted master controller gets new minions when survivors die it seems. Those still alive are of no use to him yet.

Basically exactly what we figured was going on with the people who didn't respawn.

I completed enough missions to activate the Arrival Protocol. I lost, so naturally, there's nothing about the end here since I didn't reach it. I'll relay some of the dialogue though.

Spoiler

First, I am convinced that it is Rockwell and not some ai minion.

Rockwell says that the test is a test of failure. It was designed to be impossible for us to complete in order to break any defiant survivors into obedience.

Rockwell claims that he can unplug the simulation if he wanted to, and would rather do that than let us win. HLN-A says he must be bluffing because if he could, he would've already done that, completely ignoring that Rockwell might have something to gain from the simulation.

Rockwell talks about Helena and how she tried to fool Rockwell in the past, but was too stupid to actually do it (HLN-A takes great offence to this) This is, in addition to the appearance of the boss, the reason I'm so certain that it's Rockwell.

And of course, HLN-A is bullying Rockwell throughout the entire fight.

And with that out of the way... I have no idea how on earth I'm supposed to win that fight...

Can someone compile the information into a timeline of where this stands based off what we know for easy viewing? Because I am understanding somewhat of how this is happening. And i can see how our HLNA doesn't understand a lot of things in the outside world. Like Helena said, its not actually her, just a robot AI made based off her, I would assume its like having a JARVIS that has never seen the outside world. I REALLY do not understand how the events in the final cut scene take place ...

I do think with Helena being ascended she becomes immune in a way to space or time. I can see her having the ability to go back into the GenSim in whatever time period that may be to alter things. I can see Rockwell giving the element a way of doing the same thing however through him. I feel like the final cut scene doesn't make sense with any way you line up the events.

ok so this spoiler contains alot of story lore, but for those who want the full understanding of what genesis is, read on

Spoiler

ok so genesis is a simulation designed to test survivors skills. that has been stated multiple times throughout the game. throughout the game we hear of a malfunction, someone is trying to take control of the simulation, this is rockwell. now the end boss is rockwell. at first i thought rockwell would be the part 2 boss and this is a fake rockwell put in the simulation to prepare you for him. but no its the actual rockwell. after defeating rockwell you get the end cut scene, HLN-A takes you out of your stasis pod and talks to you, i cant remember what she talks about, but it is important so listen closely and take not, you then see a female survivor slowly being taken over by the corruption (yes the same corruption form extinction). you then put on an emergency tek suit, meaning in part 2 we may be stuck in one. rockwell then attacks and grabs us with his tentacle. then the scene ends. another thing to note is it seems as though you are in a spaceship of some sort.

i am now going to analyse what could happen using evidence from what i just explained above.

i have very little idea on where you are goin in terms of the arrival. but i do feel as though the arrival means you are traveling somewhere, possibly another planet. now if we are on a spaceship so that could indicate we may crash on a planet. one theory my friend pu forwards is part 1 is you in a simulation on abberation. allow me to elaborate. so helena has the ability t travel through the arks networks, she placed the tek explorer notes on the story maps by doing this. meaning she can possibly do this on abberation. now she may have created this simulation to prepare us for earth. those biomes may be biomes that are located on earth. however rockwell discovered the simulation and hijacked it and attempts to take it over and take control of the survivors in doing so. when you beat him you technically beat the simulation so you are ejected from the simulation. rockwell attacks you and part 2 takes place. this theory is a worthy one however there is one big key factor that contradicts this, the corrupted female survivor. if we have not been to genesis yet then how has rockwell gained control of corrupt element. my theory is we were in a space station or ship traveling somewhere and rockwell hijacked the simulation and ship. the simulation was something to keep you preocupied of sorts during the trip to the destination, and to also prepare you for the arrival of the location.

so tell me what you guys think of this, make sure to mark it as spoiler and quote or ping me to know you are reffering to this.

9 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

ok so this spoiler contains alot of story lore, but for those who want the full understanding of what genesis is, read on

Reveal hidden contents

ok so genesis is a simulation designed to test survivors skills. that has been stated multiple times throughout the game. throughout the game we hear of a malfunction, someone is trying to take control of the simulation, this is rockwell. now the end boss is rockwell. at first i thought rockwell would be the part 2 boss and this is a fake rockwell put in the simulation to prepare you for him. but no its the actual rockwell. after defeating rockwell you get the end cut scene, HLN-A takes you out of your stasis pod and talks to you, i cant remember what she talks about, but it is important so listen closely and take not, you then see a female survivor slowly being taken over by the corruption (yes the same corruption form extinction). you then put on an emergency tek suit, meaning in part 2 we may be stuck in one. rockwell then attacks and grabs us with his tentacle. then the scene ends. another thing to note is it seems as though you are in a spaceship of some sort.

i am now going to analyse what could happen using evidence from what i just explained above.

i have very little idea on where you are goin in terms of the arrival. but i do feel as though the arrival means you are traveling somewhere, possibly another planet. now if we are on a spaceship so that could indicate we may crash on a planet. one theory my friend pu forwards is part 1 is you in a simulation on abberation. allow me to elaborate. so helena has the ability t travel through the arks networks, she placed the tek explorer notes on the story maps by doing this. meaning she can possibly do this on abberation. now she may have created this simulation to prepare us for earth. those biomes may be biomes that are located on earth. however rockwell discovered the simulation and hijacked it and attempts to take it over and take control of the survivors in doing so. when you beat him you technically beat the simulation so you are ejected from the simulation. rockwell attacks you and part 2 takes place. this theory is a worthy one however there is one big key factor that contradicts this, the corrupted female survivor. if we have not been to genesis yet then how has rockwell gained control of corrupt element. my theory is we were in a space station or ship traveling somewhere and rockwell hijacked the simulation and ship. the simulation was something to keep you preocupied of sorts during the trip to the destination, and to also prepare you for the arrival of the location.

so tell me what you guys think of this, make sure to mark it as spoiler and quote or ping me to know you are reffering to this.

Does this have ANYTHING to do with the ending at all whatsoever?

What I'm thinking is... Aliens.

Spoiler

I've been hearing about a spaceship, The Arrival, etc.

It's possible that humans have gotten in contact with ETs or whatnot, being that they're very advanced.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS ABOUT THE ENDING. I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN IT, BUT I SAW SOMETHING INTERESTING ON A THUMBNAIL OF AN ENDING VIDEO ON YOUTUBE.

Spoiler

We have some sort of mechanical thing with some sort of a chain on our implanted hand, and we seem to be floating as one would if they were in a cloning chamber or something, I dunno. If you message me I'll send you a picture.

21 hours ago, TheSeay said:

Can someone compile the information into a timeline of where this stands based off what we know for easy viewing? Because I am understanding somewhat of how this is happening. And i can see how our HLNA doesn't understand a lot of things in the outside world. Like Helena said, its not actually her, just a robot AI made based off her, I would assume its like having a JARVIS that has never seen the outside world. I REALLY do not understand how the events in the final cut scene take place ...

I do think with Helena being ascended she becomes immune in a way to space or time. I can see her having the ability to go back into the GenSim in whatever time period that may be to alter things. I can see Rockwell giving the element a way of doing the same thing however through him. I feel like the final cut scene doesn't make sense with any way you line up the events.

That's why we're THEORIZING. We dunno the ending.

Sorry guys, my recent posts have been kinda rushed. (Was in a hurry) I'll try to give a bit more info in my posts from now on lol.

There is ascension code on the discovery about HLNA not being able to get in contact with any Dues.

Can somebody screenshot this code for me and put it somewhere in here for me to decode it?

New info:

-The GenSim was launched in a hurry and the team behind bug fixing and quality insurance had a handful to take care of.

Archived