ArkTheoryApprentice

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TinyHippo said:

Rockwell seems to break into HLN-A's holographic body to communicate with us occasionally. So far, he's spoken to me 4 or 5 times, and HLN-A is getting rather annoyed at him, although she doesn't know who he is yet.

Gimme the very bare minimum of what he's saying, because I still want to find some of his transmissions.

1 minute ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Probably. I wonder why he never talked to us on AB though. Maybe he knows that we found his notes? He is an overseer, after all and he knows everything that happens on his ARK.

If we found his notes he wouldn't have to speak to us at all because he knows that we know who he is.

But why didn't he just boot us outta the ARK or something? Self destruct? Anything? He's a powerful chemist, that's for sure.

Still wish he was a bit nicer like he used to be.

I hope we can pacify him because he was my favorite character on the Island for a bit, before he did some everyday MASS GENOCIDE and became an, ahem, tentacle monster.

Just now, LEDminer said:

I guess it's intentional that he was silent: Wild Card didn't want us to know that Rockwell was going to be in Genesis 1.

I wasn't personally expecting him to be here, and it blew my mind when I saw him at the end of the trailer.

Me too, I thought we'd be trained to take him on in Part 2.

4 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Probably. I wonder why he never talked to us on AB though. Maybe he knows that we found his notes? He is an overseer, after all and he knows everything that happens on his ARK.

He said on Aberration in his final note that has words that he doesn't speak to humans anymore. He must've changed his mind since then.

4 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Gimme the very bare minimum of what he's saying, because I still want to find some of his transmissions.

What he's said so far, shortened to just one sentence per note:

Spoiler

"Thanks for cleaning up the glitches I make"

"You survivors have a surprising tenacity, but it's actually pretty pathetic"

"It was pretty funny watching that one guy drown"

"My current tools are primitive compared to what I will soon have"

I think we should all split into the 5 biomes to do our main discovery finding.

We discover stuff, bring it back here and discuss.

I'll take the bog and the ocean biome. (Unless someone else wants the ocean biome, but I'm not giving up the bog. I live there. Hiss.)

@LEDminer (I dunno if you have Gen, but if you I could see you being a big help.)

@TinyHippo (I know you have Gen. You've contributed a lot. Good job.)

20 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Post image

Ah yes, quality ARK.

>You are being targeted by an Insect Swarm!
lol, that got me

You misunderstand something about how the glitches work though.
The story glitches are gathered in the order you gather them in, regardless of where you get them. Once you find your first story glitch, you unlock story #1, and when you find a second story glitch, you unlock #2 and so on. If I fix 5 story glitches in the bog, then I unlock the story notes 1-5. If, instead, I find 5 story notes in the ocean before finding any in the bog, I'll also unlock 1-5.
The rest of the glitches work normal though. I think.
The point is, if 5 people find all the notes in their own biome and pool all the notes together, they'll still be missing some.

Rockwell seems to break into HLN-A's holographic body to communicate with us occasionally. So far, he's spoken to me 4 or 5 times, and HLN-A is getting rather annoyed at him, although she doesn't know who he is yet.
The voice that possess hlna body seems to match that of the corrupted master controller instead of rockwell, if he is in charge why would he speak to us when his underling can do it for him? And why do u still think its holographic?

26 minutes ago, Castlerock said:
6 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

The voice that possess hlna body seems to match that of the corrupted master controller instead of rockwell, if he is in charge why would he speak to us when his underling can do it for him? And why do u still think its holographic?

It sounds a lot like the voice that said 'prepare to be defeated' in the launch trailer, but I figure that that was Rockwell, or, at least, that was Rockwell's chosen avatar at the time.
This is assuming that that's what you meant by 'corrupted master controller.'

What makes you think that the endboss and Rockwell are two separate people? Even if the person talking to us isn't Rockwell himself, and just a pawn, it would basically just be an extension of Rockwell anyway.

9 minutes ago, Lucraft said:

Scrolling through this post while knowing the end. Dude, what a pleasure to see y'all trying to understand what ''The Arrival'' is. I'll be silent but keep reading tho. Good luck to everyone :)

My current guess on what The Arrival is: (mostly speculation)

Spoiler

Something from beyond Earth is going to show up.

I'm not 100% certain on what exactly this is, but something is. And it's something that's gonna be game-changing. Something that was worth creating the GenSim to prepare people for it.

It could, potentially, be a massive hunk of element flying through space on a collision course with Earth, but that's my second guess.

I'm expecting that it's something man-made.

I'm thinking that the Feddies (or whoever was off-Earth) are coming back for some reason. Maybe planned clean-up for after Reseed Protocol happened? But if the Feddies were coming to Earth and were going to try to reestablish civilization, then what was the GenSim preparing us for? I think that the Feddies have a less-than-peaceful intent when they get back to Earth.
It could also be the possibility that the a 'weapon' of some sort, however it may be, was created in the past, and once started, it couldn't be stopped. Now it's only a matter of time before the impact of the weapon, or the weapon itself, reaches its destination (most likely Earth)
When that happens, that's what I'm thinking The Arrival is.

Regardless of my guesses, it's obvious that The Arrival, whatever it is, must be two things:

1) Something very dangerous

2) Something that wasn't already there

4 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Regardless of my guesses, it's obvious that The Arrival, whatever it is, must be two things:

1) Something very dangerous

2) Something that wasn't already there

Or a destination... Think about it that way. We ''Arrive'' somewhere !

Now I don't wanna spoil anything for you, but the End of Genesis will completely take you off guard, believe me. You just can't figure out what it is before you do it, I'm 100% sure about it.

4 minutes ago, Lucraft said:

Or a destination... Think about it that way. We ''Arrive'' somewhere !

Now I don't wanna spoil anything for you, but the End of Genesis will completely take you off guard, believe me. You just can't figure out what it is before you do it, I'm 100% sure about it.

Something that wasn't already there -- Being us, somewhere that we weren't before.

Hmmm

Spoiler

So, the Feddies and the URE had no ideological incompatibilities, there just wasn't enough room for the both of them on Earth.

Imagine, perhaps, the Feddies went off to somewhere else to either attempt colonization, or... Maybe, the Feddies and URE teamed up to deal with the Corruption. Maybe, they split and decided that the URE would deal with healing Earth, and meanwhile, the Federation would fly off to wherever the element came from. The Feddies would then do attempt to deal with whatever the hell is going on at wherever the element came from, in an attempt to stop it from spreading further and creating more corrupted monstrosities on more worlds, as well as to stop it from ever harming humanity again.

This would justify the GenSim being much more difficult than the Arks. Once we complete the GenSim, it'll send us over to the Feddies (probably using Arat Prime) to help them (or pick up where they, ahem, 'left off')

Not my first guess, but it would fit logically within all known information, and it generally makes sense too. It's clear that they wanted to purge all element from the Earth, so it's only logical that they'd go a step further and make sure that element never rears its head again by attacking it at its source.

A colonization plan is also possible. It would make sense that in an attempt to preserve humanity, they just decided to send some people away from Earth and try to rebuild somewhere else. The GenSim would then be preparing us for the worst possible situation that the nearest habitable planet is in.
Wouldn't it be funny if the element got there first though

7 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

I alr mentioned in my previous post that discovery 12 from gen chronicles mentioned that the gen sim was a way for humanity to escape the corruption of earth.

Yup, that's true. That doesn't mean that was it's only purpose, but it was definitely a purpose of the GenSim.

The master controller was its own entity until it was corrupted by presumbly rockwell since the corrupted is in its name now

I'd wager that it's more of a puppet than its own thing now. Would you say that a corrupt raptor was its own thing? I wouldn't. Once the Corruption got to it, it was part of the Corruption. It no longer had any mind of its own (however small a raptor's mind may already be...) I'd guess that it's a similar situation here.

I figured that Rockwell had just deleted the previous controller ai like he deleted the master ais of the biomes.

I'd wager that it's more of a puppet than its own thing now. Would you say that a corrupt raptor was its own thing? I wouldn't. Once the Corruption got to it, it was part of the Corruption. It no longer had any mind of its own (however small a raptor's mind may already be...) I'd guess that it's a similar situation here.
I figured that Rockwell had just deleted the previous controller ai like he deleted the master ais of the biomes.
I said 'was', now its more like what u said, following orders. Easier for him to turn the controller to his side so it can maintain control over the sim as it knows how it works for his goal instead of deleting the master controller ai and figuring out how to control the sim. And the glitches mentioned that the other master ais are shut down, not deleted

8 minutes ago, Castlerock said:
19 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:
Yup, that's true. That doesn't mean that was it's only purpose, but it was definitely a purpose of the GenSim.

That was its original purpose, but it could have changed as time passed.

I don't think that was its only original purpose. The homo deus were a plan to escape from Corruption, but they had other goals on top of escaping Corruption. I'd say that the GenSim was similar. It was there to get people away from Corruption and prepare them for what comes next (The Arrival,) much like how the homo deus were escaping Corruption and also work with the System.

19 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I said 'was', now its more like what u said, following orders. Easier for him to turn the controller to his side so it can maintain control over the sim as it knows how it works for his goal instead of deleting the master controller ai and figuring out how to control the sim. And the glitches mentioned that the other master ais are shut down, not deleted

HLN-A specifically says that the master AIs for all the biomes except the ocean biome are deleted, and says that only the master ai for the ocean biome (the Moeder) is still existing, and that's because it took itself offline.

Archived