ArkTheoryApprentice

2 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Should it be reiterated that this thread was for people to talk about stuff before the ending cutscene? Please?

I'm sorry about that. 

---NO SPOILERS---

ANYONE WHO SPOILS THE GENESIS ENDING WILL BE PROMPTLY BLOCKED BY THE FELLOW THEORISTS OF THIS PAGE

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have another concept art of the ole bloke on the way. It needs to be aproved for some reason.

I hope this is what Rockwell will look like if we ever face off with him in Genesis Part 2. He would be not only terrifying, but awesome and a huge improvement to the Rockwell we have! He's on, like, element, rancid dino candy and nightmares. Hello new sleep paralysis demon.

That Rockwell art is pretty cool, I doubt we'll see him come back as that though.

51 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

@TinyHippo I can't seem to get the Hover Skiff on console. Do you have the Tekgram, even if unearned yet?

I think they may have released console half-baked...

Well, I saw the tekgram in the engrams page previously, but I haven't unlocked it yet, so I don't know if there're any issues there.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

curprev 14:13, 1 March 2020‎ Waybot talk contribs‎  903 bytes +903‎  Created page with "{{DLC|Genesis: Part 1}} {{Exclusive|Steam, Xbox, PS4|Switch}} {{infobox Location | name = {{subst:#sub:{{subst:PAGENAME}}|0|-10}} | wideimage = {{subst:PAGENAME}}.jpg | descri..."

User Waybot added it.

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

curprev 14:13, 1 March 2020‎ Waybot talk contribs‎  903 bytes +903‎  Created page with "{{DLC|Genesis: Part 1}} {{Exclusive|Steam, Xbox, PS4|Switch}} {{infobox Location | name = {{subst:#sub:{{subst:PAGENAME}}|0|-10}} | wideimage = {{subst:PAGENAME}}.jpg | descri..."

User Waybot added it.

?

Something I noticed:

Rockwell seems to have deleted all master ais except for the Moeder, which 'took itself offline' before Rockwell could get to it. In other words, the Moeder saw the threat produced by Rockwell, and decided to hide.
Or in other other words, the Moeder knows and has formed conclusions about Rockwell and his attacks on the GenSim.
I wonder if defeating the Moeder will give us a boss dossier and if it has anything interesting on it for us to find.

Just now, TinyHippo said:

Something I noticed:

Rockwell seems to have deleted all master ais except for the Moeder, which 'took itself offline' before Rockwell could get to it. In other words, the Moeder saw the threat produced by Rockwell, and decided to hide.
Or in other other words, the Moeder knows and has formed conclusions about Rockwell and his attacks on the GenSim.
I wonder if defeating the Moeder will give us a boss dossier and if it has anything interesting on it for us to find.

I haven't heard anything about a dossier, but I bet HLNA will have a few words for us.

Man I wish we could go up against the other Master AIs.

ALSO I just found out that completing quests will give you blueprints from the other maps! Score! If I can get my hands on a cliff platform I could build a nice little village on one of the giant bog trees. Have you completed any quests?

47 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I haven't heard anything about a dossier, but I bet HLNA will have a few words for us.

I'm hoping that the Moeder has some sort of message for us, even if it's sent through HLN-A.

A shame about the other master ais though, I wonder what they were like.

48 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

ALSO I just found out that completing quests will give you blueprints from the other maps! Score! If I can get my hands on a cliff platform I could build a nice little village on one of the giant bog trees. Have you completed any quests?

I've completed 30 so far I think, but I seem to have reached a difficulty gap in the missions and am having a hard time completing more. I'm still 28 away from seeing Rockwell again, although I don't think I'd be able to win if I were to fight him soon anyway.

You can get a lot of things from past dlcs as rewards, and the materials to craft/repair them are all here too.

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

I've completed 30 so far I think, but I seem to have reached a difficulty gap in the missions and am having a hard time completing more. I'm still 28 away from seeing Rockwell again, although I don't think I'd be able to win if I were to fight him soon anyway.

You can get a lot of things from past dlcs as rewards, and the materials to craft/repair them are all here too.

Those quests look very fun. I'm watching Syntac do some Ray racing in the ocean sim right now, and it looks stunning!

That's very good. One thing I hope to do between The Island and Genesis is transfer dlc blueprints between the 2 without going to the other maps.

What BPs have you gotten?

Also: (At your own risk. It's about the ending which I HAVE NOT SEEN. I'm just picking at straws here, but you don't need to read this if you din't want to. Seriously.)

Spoiler

All this stuff about spaceships and stuff that I personally have seen, I think the ending has something to do with the survivor database and how we get our implants. I personally dunno, It's just speculation.

57 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

Those quests look very fun. I'm watching Syntac do some Ray racing in the ocean sim right now, and it looks stunning!

That's very good. One thing I hope to do between The Island and Genesis is transfer dlc blueprints between the 2 without going to the other maps.

What BPs have you gotten?

Also: (At your own risk. It's about the ending which I HAVE NOT SEEN. I'm just picking at straws here, but you don't need to read this if you din't want to. Seriously.)

Reveal hidden contents

All this stuff about spaceships and stuff that I personally have seen, I think the ending has something to do with the survivor database and how we get our implants. I personally dunno, It's just speculation.

I still don't think that this is before Extinction. HLN-A was on Extinction and told us we are going(not have gone) to the Simulation, which is all I need to think that this is after Extinction.

I found an interesting glitch today.

It said that a lot of people were missing large chunks of their mind in the database, and some of them were so bad that they couldn't respawn anymore.
Kinda reminds me of how the Fractal humans appear to be missing large parts of their avatar... But that's really just a similarity and not a strong connection. I'd bet that they're connected anyway though.
It made me think about something though... People had the technology to change their own minds. There's no reason to believe that that ability just stopped existing at some point, it just became locked away somewhere so it wasn't abused. Now... If someone went and found out how to do it, they could theoretically change whatever minds he has access to in order to make them willing to follow the mastermind's every order. Rockwell just so happens to be in control of the Genesis Simulation and has been accessing every single mind that he can in the Genesis Simulation, and he's been accessing even the backup minds of people who were left out of the Simulation. Unfortunately, using such an ability might take some getting used to if there's no one to teach him how to use it, and it could easily result in quite a few minds that are broken beyond repair... Just like the broken people that HLN-A found...

U could just go to aber or val to learn the engram? And the stone one need fungal wood so might be able to make only metal on genesis for now

14 minutes ago, Castlerock said:
5 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

U could just go to aber or val to learn the engram? And the stone one need fungal wood so might be able to make only metal on genesis for now

You can get fungal wood from those tree-like things in the bog with the bright orange tops, actually.
In fact, I think you can find every previous resource in Genesis except for element ore and the Extinction variants of Aberration resources.

18 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

I still don't think that this is before Extinction. HLN-A was on Extinction and told us we are going(not have gone) to the Simulation, which is all I need to think that this is after Extinction.

I found an interesting glitch today.

It said that a lot of people were missing large chunks of their mind in the database, and some of them were so bad that they couldn't respawn anymore.
Kinda reminds me of how the Fractal humans appear to be missing large parts of their avatar... But that's really just a similarity and not a strong connection. I'd bet that they're connected anyway though.
It made me think about something though... People had the technology to change their own minds. There's no reason to believe that that ability just stopped existing at some point, it just became locked away somewhere so it wasn't abused. Now... If someone went and found out how to do it, they could theoretically change whatever minds he has access to in order to make them willing to follow the mastermind's every order. Rockwell just so happens to be in control of the Genesis Simulation and has been accessing every single mind that he can in the Genesis Simulation, and he's been accessing even the backup minds of people who were left out of the Simulation. Unfortunately, using such an ability might take some getting used to if there's no one to teach him how to use it, and it could easily result in quite a few minds that are broken beyond repair... Just like the broken people that HLN-A found...

I didn't mean that this is before EXT, I was talking about how the survivors get their implants in general

18 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

Rockwell could get access to stuff we don't know.

He would have the Simulation's secrets at his whim, while we're still clueless on how we got here. HLNA doesn't even know!

17 hours ago, Castlerock said:
22 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

I don't want to go to AB though, I'm staying on Gen and The Island until I ascend to the next map with more levels

Archived