ArkTheoryApprentice

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I haven't managed to find many story glitches today, although that's probably because I was busy throwing ridiculous amounts of tranqs into X-allos and similar activities, so my current guess at what's going on hasn't changed much since yesterday.

Naturally, it contains some spoilers from the glitches, but nothing about the ending.

Spoiler

Current revision:

Rockwell has taken over the Genesis Simulation, and is currently using it to train survivors to be his own personal super-soldiers. He's purposefully maintaining the Simulation after destroying the 'overseer' AI for the Simulation. This is something that must be actively maintained, and he wouldn't help us just to help us obviously -- He hates us. He's also been stopping people from respawning (probably turning them into the Fractals but idk)

If we consider the fact that Rockwell has taken over the Genesis Simulation, it's entirely possible that he's taken over many other things as well. He may already have soldiers fighting for him in the real world, outside of the Simulation, and it's very possible that Rockwell has an incredible grasp over the world and everyone that came down in the Arks after Extinction.

It's possible that we've played right into his hand by entering the Genesis Simulation even. He might've wanted the strongest survivors in the Simulation so he can hand-pick who to enslave, while his minions rampage against all the weaker survivors in reality. It's further possible that we're playing into his hand even more though... He might be using us, the strongest survivors, to further train himself and his minions. The purpose of the Simulation might've been flipped right around and turned back on us by giving Rockwell a chance to best prepare himself against us, instead of us preparing ourselves for the Arrival.

3 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

I found some story glitches that indicate genesis took place before extinction happened, saying the earth is not like what we once known etc

This doesn't make a lot of sense really. HLN-A was with us on Extinction already. If Genesis happens before Extinction, then that would mean we traveled through time, which I don't think there's any evidence of.

Unless you're saying there's evidence of time travel capabilities in the glitches.

The closest thing to time travel capabilities that I've seen so far was the mention of the 'Egnramatic Core,' but that was a matter of pulling someone's left behind conciousness from the past to the present, not the other way around

Definitely before extinction, one glitch in the lunar mentions"the arrival" 

I feel it could have happened before aberration, anytime after he got thrown in the element and became the overseer he would have had access to the ark and the com systems possibly

Lots of glitches left to find

It's kind of like he needs us to kill the king titan

3 minutes ago, MrHalloween said:

Definitely before extinction, one glitch in the lunar mentions"the arrival" 

That doesn't mean that it was before Extinction... What do you think The Arrival is? The Reseed Protocol? Why would you think that this means it's before Extinction?

5 minutes ago, MrHalloween said:

I feel it could have happened before aberration, anytime after he got thrown in the element and became the overseer he would have had access to the ark and the com systems possibly

I think he would've taken a little bit to get a handle on how to control things, but yea, I think he'd be active and working before the Gateway Project finished.

8 minutes ago, MrHalloween said:

It's kind of like he needs us to kill the king titan

If we assume that you're correct and this is before Extinction, which I'm not convinced of, then this is the most likely goal.

This doesn't make a lot of sense really. HLN-A was with us on Extinction already. If Genesis happens before Extinction, then that would mean we traveled through time, which I don't think there's any evidence of.
Unless you're saying there's evidence of time travel capabilities in the glitches.
The closest thing to time travel capabilities that I've seen so far was the mention of the 'Egnramatic Core,' but that was a matter of pulling someone's left behind conciousness from the past to the present, not the other way around
HLN-A wasn't with us on ext. Its was only introduced to survivors in the genesis simulation. If u are referring to the skin its not the same as the one in the lore.
I read somewhere before that going thru the arks is one path for humans to escape
Earth when it was corrupted initially, and the simulation being another path. Diff survivors could have went on their saparate paths that could lead to king titan defeat, or those on genesis path will end after those from the arks defeat king titan to deal with rockwell's return.

8 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

HLN-A wasn't with us on ext. Its was only introduced to survivors in the genesis simulation. If u are referring to the skin its not the same as the one in the lore.
I read somewhere before that going thru the arks is one path for humans to escape
Earth when it was corrupted initially, and the simulation being another path. Diff survivors could have went on their saparate paths that could lead to king titan defeat, or those on genesis path will end after those from the arks defeat king titan to deal with rockwell's return.

What makes you say that the skin isn't the same HLN-A as the lore HLN-A? Why would you draw that conclusion? Why would you think the Genesis Chronicles weren't lore, when no other note has ever been non-canon? Did the devs say something?

12 minutes ago, MrHalloween said:

Well the arrival maybe the reseed protocol, arrival of Rockwell's physical form

He cant come down till the titan dies

I cant remember if it was a corrupt voice glitch but I'll fly through them again, super curious

Wait, are you saying that Rockwell said that he needed us to kill the King Titan?

I've hit the third or fourth Rockwell voice glitch, so I might've not seen it yet if that's the case

15 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

Maybe its just a diff version, as based on the cutscenes after killing king titan and genesis initial trailer, hln-a was not with us at all when king titan was killed and helena was with us, and that helena only created hln-a to guide survivors in the genesis simulation.

Well, HLN-A wasn't a gameplay element back when they made Extinction either, and it's possible that they didn't even know how exactly they'd do the next parts of the game at Extinction, even if they had a general idea of the direction of the game. HLN-A also wasn't in the Genesis reveal trailer when Helena was showing us little 'videos' of ourselves while showing us our strengths because Helena was showcasing our strengths, not the strengths of having an AI companion.

Hln-a was created after that part to aid survivors on genesis
c1a6cb40b41d6f26e7fc175ea92fadd9.jpg

I don't think that was the exact moment that HLN-A was made... It was more likely just Helena spawning in an HLN-A hologram at us before throwing us into the Simulation. The same way that if I plug in an internet cable, I haven't created the internet, but merely created another way to access the internet. Helena wouldn't wait until literally moments before we enter to create HLN-A.

If u want to discuss the theory behind genesis u need to get info from any reliable source, including the cutscene at the end of part 1

That's true, but this thread was created for people who haven't reached that point yet and don't want to be spoiled.
If you want to discuss Genesis including the ending cutscene, please head over to here, a general thread for discussing Ark's lore that's been around since before Extinction

You might want to skip on over to the end, since that's where the discussion relevant to now will be

14 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

What makes you say that the skin isn't the same HLN-A as the lore HLN-A? Why would you draw that conclusion? Why would you think the Genesis Chronicles weren't lore, when no other note has ever been non-canon? Did the devs say something?

Can't speak for castlerock, but for me it would be the fact that a note on genesis indicates that our HLN-A hasn't been to the real world before:

"The Genesis simulation is a big place.
After all, it was a bit of walkabout to get to this glitch!
And it’s all I know -- but that makes me want to see the real world even more.
And I reckon that’s the reward for us passing all the tests inside the simulation.
We get to go outside!
...Or at least you do.
Take me with you if you can, eh?

Just a little heads-up. all the notes are on the wiki already if for whatever reason one doesn't want to collect them all ingame

Archived