Water source on Arctic biome, where?

Lya

25 minutes ago, Raziel42 said:

Water in Arctic

So I have a base in the arctic map in genesis. How do I use a reservoir if I can't set out pipes without water? There's no water rss that I've found and I can't set out a reservoir to collect water. Anyone know a way to make it work? 

You should be able to put a foundation down, set a cross section pipe on top, and connect a reservoir. I believe that's how it works with vanilla buildings at least. 

there are two spots i've found water in the snow biome but both spots are blocked, you can't build.  use the reservoirs. setup a spot to set some up on (4x4 is a good spot) place a 4way pipe in the center of the 4 x4, make sure its lined up.  then attach a reservoir to each end of the pipe, to expand out, just attach another pipe off one of the existing ends, and add move reservoirs. run one pipe off the 4 way that will be going inside your base, and then attach a water spout at the end of the pipes ran to your base for accessing the water.  Each time there is a blizzard it will fill the tanks up.  4 tanks is more then enough to do 4 plots and provide water for a 3 man team (as long as someone is always popping into the base).

Archived