Whistle and the B Button

Yes need toggle option for hold B.

Also, i can't transition from orbital camera to first person on mount by pressing RB anymore, it simply does nothing.

I also crash Everytime i join a server (with 250mps and 20mps upload 31 ping) it lags me to main menu.

Also issue on pixels and animation visuals, it now looks like Atlas another game that wildcard made. (Needs graphic toggle)

There are certain trees on extinction that if you stand on them, you and all your stuff will completely disappear (un retrievable) would include screenshot but it exceeds the size limit on this forum

And finally game keeps freezing every 30 seconds on and off, especially while riding a mana, even with 20 ping on an empty PvP server?

I know it's not all related to the topic but hopefully the devs see the issues

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fixed.  

Whoa!  That was quick.  Wildcard should hire you.  Haha!  Thanks.

I have seen you post this type of response in a few of the other threads regarding this issue.  What makes you think WildCard is "looking into this" as if its going to be fixed?  Not to rag on you, bu

Posted Images

A few glitches noticed

When you hold B to pull up the whistle wheel it auto whistles and your tames follow you.

Also flying is disabled. Im not sure  this is on purpose or accident but hopefully it's just a glitch. Because flying should be allowed on genesis.

When i play on a non dedicated server i can't hit the insect swarms unless im on a mount. I can't hit them with any weapons but my dinos can. Also my friends who join can them. Its just me that cant. 

These are a few ive found so far. 

Logged on today to play and my entire controls settings reverted to default.  After setting all controls holding B button on xbox one controller seems to be activating the T key or what ever is bound to the "Follow One".  If I am aimed any where near any of my dinos, while holding down the B button, it will choose one and instantly whistle "Follow One" command.  This is making the game unplayable and I will certainly not be purchasing the new DLC nor renewing our server scrip if this isn't fixed.  This being WildCard, I am almost positive this will not be addressed for months if not half a year.  We JUST got back into playing last month and I was having high hopes.  Since it calls any dino I am looking at, no matter what,  as long as I hold down B button, it makes it virtually impossible to play.  I have changed as many ini settings that I could find, nothing is fixing this issue.  WildCard, please get your Sh!t together, I haven't played for 3 years at least,  and from what I see in the forums, nothing has changed.  Not communicating, not correctly addressing the game breaking bugs, control issues exc.  Thx guys, it is obvious your team understands people love your game, so you know you can treat your fan base with zero respect but since they love the game, it doesn't matter.  Screw them right, they will give us their money no matter how badly we treat them.  Unbelievable professionalism.

8 hours ago, JdogMcFuzzl said:

When i play on a non dedicated server i can't hit the insect swarms unless im on a mount. I can't hit them with any weapons but my dinos can. Also my friends who join can them. Its just me that cant.

Make sure you are not standing in water when attacking the swarm.

Edited by CrZyDeZZeY

Command Wheel Bug?

I started a new game on my single player after reinstalling Ark. When I tamed my first Dino, and went to do the stop following whistle (as soon as i opened the wheel, my character whistles follow even though i did not have anything highlighted. Please fix this as soon as you guys can? I dont know if its a glitch or a bug but either way it will become annoying the moment if i decided to get a second dino.

Same problem for us. When you hold down the "B" button to bring up the Whistle Menu, it automatically fires off the "Follow (One)" command. It makes fliers extremely irritating to control if you aren't riding them, and makes it hard to whistle when there are many tamed dinos in a small area. We're on XBox One X.

Edited by Snarkywriter
On 2/29/2020 at 11:17 AM, mleii said:

I have been told this is being looked into.

I have seen you post this type of response in a few of the other threads regarding this issue.  What makes you think WildCard is "looking into this" as if its going to be fixed?  Not to rag on you, but this sounds more like cheerleading than anything else.  I would love to have this fixed, as its ruined our return to Ark after a 3 year leave due to how WildCard handled such bugs.  If by some strange act of fate you have a connection to the Jerks that are constantly responsible for screwing its fan base....  Tell them to fix it, because no one I know will purchase another DLC.  I am a Rag player and refuse to give them any more money.  IF the community would stop buying the DLC and put the "Money where your mouth is" concept into play, we might see a company trying to improve.  Other wise......  NOT GONNA HAPPEN

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ArkaelDren said:

I have seen you post this type of response in a few of the other threads regarding this issue.  What makes you think WildCard is "looking into this" as if its going to be fixed?  Not to rag on you, but this sounds more like cheerleading than anything else.  I would love to have this fixed, as its ruined our return to Ark after a 3 year leave due to how WildCard handled such bugs.  If by some strange act of fate you have a connection to the Jerks that are constantly responsible for screwing its fan base....  Tell them to fix it, because no one I know will purchase another DLC.  I am a Rag player and refuse to give them any more money.  IF the community would stop buying the DLC and put the "Money where your mouth is" concept into play, we might see a company trying to improve.  Other wise......  NOT GONNA HAPPEN

Because I communicate with a WC employee and they told me that they have sent the information to the team that does the console work.

I agree with you on it sounding like cheerleading, and for all I know they're leading me on but every time in the past where I mentioned an issue like this to this employee they in the very least got looked into.  I totally get that folks wouldn't believe me based on WC history, I have an extreme love/hate relationship with this game.  Which is made even worse in that I KNOW what they could be doing better and how to do it but they won't listen to me.  I've had 30+ years in the software industry along with a great many years of it doing software testing and development for a major company.  That they won't listen to folks in the field annoys me to no end.

Also, I have not bought ANY DLC besides scorched for the very reason you point out, so that and all the complaints I have about bugs makes me a VERY bad cheerleader.  ?  I do however admit I'm greatly torn on buying the first season DLC as it's 50% off right now and that is a pretty good deal, as broken as the game is I still enjoy (and I'm guessing you did/do as well) playing it.

Finally, look back at my history of posts and you'll see both what I mentioned and also how I've helped a lot of folks out even without having to contact WC directly.

I'm not special, I have no idea why they listen to me other than they tell me that I'm a nice guy.  LOL

Edited by mleii
11 hours ago, mleii said:

Because I communicate with a WC employee and they told me that they have sent the information to the team that does the console work.

I agree with you on it sounding like cheerleading, and for all I know they're leading me on but every time in the past where I mentioned an issue like this to this employee they in the very least got looked into.  I totally get that folks wouldn't believe me based on WC history, I have an extreme love/hate relationship with this game.  Which is made even worse in that I KNOW what they could be doing better and how to do it but they won't listen to me.  I've had 30+ years in the software industry along with a great many years of it doing software testing and development for a major company.  That they won't listen to folks in the field annoys me to no end.

Also, I have not bought ANY DLC besides scorched for the very reason you point out, so that and all the complaints I have about bugs makes me a VERY bad cheerleader.  ?  I do however admit I'm greatly torn on buying the first season DLC as it's 50% off right now and that is a pretty good deal, as broken as the game is I still enjoy (and I'm guessing you did/do as well) playing it.

Finally, look back at my history of posts and you'll see both what I mentioned and also how I've helped a lot of folks out even without having to contact WC directly.

I'm not special, I have no idea why they listen to me other than they tell me that I'm a nice guy.  LOL

Glad to hear there’s someone advocating for us at least! Thanks!

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ArkaelDren said:

I hope I didn't sound to condescending towards you.  Honestly its just the continued lack of professionalism from WildCard that has me pissed off, certainly not you buddy.  Thx for the reply.

No worries, you make good points as there are some "WC can do no wrong" folks who post here.  FWIW I'm frustrated with things as well.