How to make ARK more Fresh

machodragon69

3 hours ago, YutyrannusRex said:

Play as a dinosaur!

Exploiting singleplayer cheats, actvate Infinite stats for your player, summon any rideable dino at level one and forcetame it as soon as you spawn in on the beach, and ride around, only dismounting to level yourself up and empty out unwanted inventory items. If you're a raptor or sabertooth, you could summon in some others or find wild ones and tame them to act as pack mates, or as a Rex/Carno/whatever, you could tame yourself a mate. Once your dino dies, you must kill yourself and respawn as a completely new dino and survivor, both at level one. Due to infinite stats, your human cannot drown, dehydrate, freeze, or starve, making it useful if you live in the snow or are an aquatic creature. For more fun, travel to the correct biome before spawning in your dino and "becoming" it. I'm gonna definately try this out more! The way your dino keeps fed is simple, you just harvest berries as an herbivore and hunt as a carnivore. Taming other dinos, whether through traditional taming or cheatcode, could be seen as recruiting   to a herd/pack or courting a mate. Have fun!

really good idea might have to try that one!!!

1 hour ago, Pimptoad said:

Building projects (whether it be mazes, assault courses (with the use of grappling hooks), underwater buildings or buildings placed over water using pillars, fancy buildings using slopes/ramps and pillars, decorating with paints, symbols, building a slick boat from a raft frame (similar approach can be made with dino platform saddles) there is plenty you can do in this regard.

Player interaction, whether that be helping newer players or PVP in any form you prefer consented or not, depending on the server (could even be within your tribe or between disposable dinos in your tribe, perhaps make an arena?).

Taming specific high level dinos or trying to find "the perfect dino" in terms of stats, the tame itself is usually quite dull but the hunt for them can be exciting. Hunting beacons "what's in the box" while only a small thing, it can add a bit of spice in between other activities you are doing.

Sorry for all the brackets, it's nearly 4am and I am sort of avoiding Psychology homework and my brain is everywhere.

thanks for the tips! xD

Another idea would be to create a dinosaur zoo, using the new greenhouse structures as glass habitat walls. Herbivore island aka South Haven would be great for this because no wild carnivores spawn there aside from Megalodons, which I believe cannot break stone structures which greenhouses are classified as. Use the lagoon for aquatic creatures, the cliffs for cave creatures, the forest/meadows on top for plains/jungle animals, the shores for beach animals, and the shallows around the lagoon for swamp animals. You'd have to use console commands or a raft to get them over though...idealy, it would have to only have creatures you can pick up with Argent/Quetzal, so no Rexes, Gigas, Brontos or such (they'd be too big for the zoo anyway)

15 hours ago, YutyrannusRex said:

Ptera would be cool, you could even formulate a migration pattern. Maybe someone should set up a server like this? Anyway, less of dino roleplaying, more of enjoying ARK without having to bother with building, chores, or nonsense. I'm probably not gonna try the big predators right away though, they'll get boring. A Trike or Wooly Rhino would suit my play style better, something more balanced. However, a pack animal would be amazing...charging into battle with your loyal packmates? Yes please?

Become your own Alpha Wolf. Get a pack of wolves, and go around terrorizing everything. See how many things you can talk out with your pack.

I suspect part of the problem is being challenged.  I'm still a relative newb, but thanks to my RL surivival training, spawning in fresh in games like Minecraft or Ark can be made relatively easy because I know NOT to do things that are hard or dangerous if I want to actually survive.  That means spawning in the South, sticking close to the beach, and avoiding contact with hostile species.

Once you do that, survival is easy in Ark.

So  make it harder.  Spawn in farther north.  Put the game in primitive/hardcore mode so you can't level your way up to the powerful tools, and if you die, you lose.  dinos are scarier when you aren't strong enough to deal with them and you are stuck in their territory.

Don't use any taming, or crank up the taming stats to make it harder/longer to reduce the temptation/ability.  AGain, the game is a lot harder and more dangerous when you have to do everything yourself on foot.  Time spent chopping a tree by hand is time with your back to the rest of the jungle.

Set yourself building goals/requirements for "realistic" buildings, rather than "what works".  This means you have to build a real hut/house, not something efficient that the game allows but wouldn't really cut it in the real world.  This forces you to take longer at it, and to make it in ways that might be "less safe/protected".  Consider that an all metal house is dino proof, but it's not exactly pretty nor is it how the real world works.  Some ideas for requirements:

must have at least 2 doors (so there are 2 ways in/out)

must have at least 2 windows (so you can see outside)

Must use differing materials for the floor/ceiling vs. the walls (ex. stone walls, wood flooring/ceiling)

Must have "normal" living space areas (kitchen, storage, bedroom, common area) rather than the super tiny, hyper-efficient bachelor pad we all typically make

On 4/11/2016 at 8:45 PM, machodragon69 said:

Hey fellow survivors, im just wondering who can come up with some ideas to make me enjoy ark just a bit more, I do not have the pc version i play on xbox, so no mods atm. I just miss the times i would gets scared running into a rex, or a spino, or a pack of raptors or sabers, like they have there moments still, but i find myself getting slightly bored of ark after a couple days of each update.... maybe im doing things wrong. Any help?

Try traveling the island on foot or on a small mount like a low level saber or raptor... 

For me it is a mobile raft base. My new SP experience is a blast. Iv raised every dinos torpor to the max and lowered all their health to .3 this makes a well aimed arrow shot to the head a possible 1 shot which is more realistic. I max out the resource respawn which i dunno if it disables it permeneantly but Iv not seen a new tree pop where iv been. I dont tame any dinos and I completely live off my raft. By day i harvest and such and kill what i need to survive by night I take my ship out to sea and craft what iv harvested. It is very exciting this way since you have no dinos to help. I get enough of all the mats to thrive exept Obsidian is hard to come by since its only on mountains and in caves but i found a few in some caves. 

This also makes ocean diving much more enjoyable since your up against terrible odds. All in all iv tried this for a few days now and I have never had a better time. Playing with my friends on the ded server is also a blast but nothing beats that survival horror feeling when your all alone and squishy. 

My goal is to do this and kill the BM without ever taming a single dino or building any land base. I even grow crops on my raft. At some point I will either have to place some storage bins somewhere or craft another raft cause the 3 storage boxes i have are full but if i live off of all rafts its still no land base. 

IMO this is how this game should be played. No Taming No Taj Mahal Building just survival 101 :) 

Oh and disable the music getting attacked without warning is AWSOME :)

This makes good practice for the zombie apocalypse since living off a boat will boost chances of survival lmao.

One could argue living off  a raft is easier.  I have never been attacked on my raft by a dino.  I have seen a spino walk past my thatch beach house while I was out grabbing a loot cache.

Settings that make it harder, restrictions from doing things that make it easier.  This will make the game scary.

slowing down the resource respawn and such is a good idea as it will force you to forage farther away from base into new territory (something that the raft makes easy).

Another idea-don't tame any non-avian dinosaurs (yes birds are dinosaurs) pterosaurs, fish or reptiles. Only tame mammals and birds. This would be a very fun challenge, especially for an accurate snow-biome base. Also, it would make sure you aren't crossing the map via Pteranodon as soon as you unlock the saddle, and you can't get overpowered ultimate creatures like the Giga, Quetz, Rex, Bronto, Spino, and Mosasaur. 

Alternate idea? Build a navy. Have Mosasaurs as aircraft carriers, a Plesiosaures as battleships, Dunkleosteus as submarines, Sarcosuchus an Beelzebuffos as amphibious units, Icthyosaurs as scout ships, Megalodons as destroyers, Pteranodon as fighters, Argentavises as dive-bombers, Quetzals as recon planes, Electrophorus as...I dunno, land mines/torpedos? Just tame aquatic-based animals in general, have a few platform-saddled mosasaurs as aircraft carriers, and set up an island base. If you manage to build all of this on a server, even better. 

An airforce would be easier still, just get a TON of Pteros and Argents, a few Quetzals, and some Dimorphodons, Onycs and Microraptor (attack drones) perhaps some Archeopteryx in case you have to hit the eject button.

As others have alluded to, start a new game.  I know this may sound simplistic.  Our tribe had advanced to the point where we had mate boosted Gigas and Quetzals.  I decided to not only start over, but start over on single player, at max difficulty, and in the North.  Talk about refreshing, words can not express this.  Talk about an adrenaline rush.....nothing quite like dealing with a gaggle of level 100+ Dilo's when you are still trouncing around in cloth and stone tools....  Give it a try, you won't regret it.

Play with a friend and build bases with traps for each other to raid just for fun. The right combination of people can make just about any game more fun.

Consider trying the game on PC, I find the mods make the game a lot more fun. Also you are really missing out on the beauty of this game if you play on Xbox, it is a night and day difference on PC if you have good hardware.

Archived